Menu

I tested positive

math teacher

3 hours ago, math teacher said:

Mine and my partner teacher's students were sent home. Four classes from one grade level. 

I've used the inhaler a few times today, and my temp stayed down until evening. I took something for it as soon as I discovered it was going up, because I don't mind saying this scares me!!

How many days in are you? 

I hope for wellness soon!

Just now, Pen said:

How many days in are you? 

I hope for wellness soon!

Into the second day since diagnosis, but looking back, I had some symptoms Tuesday that I attributed to something else. I am thinking more like into the fourth day. I should receive a call from the dna test to confirm the rapid test soon. 

However, I have not lost my sense of smell at all. I can smell everything. I just smelled diluted cleaner with my mask on. My psoriasis cream. Shampoo. Is it possible to have a false positive with the rapid test, or more likely, that I am one of the minority that doesn't lose smell. I read the 80% do, but it seems that every article mentions it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, math teacher said:

Into the second day since diagnosis, but looking back, I had some symptoms Tuesday that I attributed to something else. I am thinking more like into the fourth day. I should receive a call from the dna test to confirm the rapid test soon. 

However, I have not lost my sense of smell at all. I can smell everything. I just smelled diluted cleaner with my mask on. My psoriasis cream. Shampoo. Is it possible to have a false positive with the rapid test, or more likely, that I am one of the minority that doesn't lose smell. I read the 80% do, but it seems that every article mentions it.

I don't think it is that high, for loss of smell. And I think given the level of exposure, plus symptoms, plus positive test, it is very likely you have it. But hopefully a mild case!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, math teacher said:

I had a good day. Last evenings temps stayed lower than 100, and I haven't used the inhaler today. Thanks for all your best wishes and prayers. I have to say I enjoy going braless.

I’m so happy to hear that!!! I hope you keep feeling better and better!

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 5:10 PM, math teacher said:

I had a good day. Last evenings temps stayed lower than 100, and I haven't used the inhaler today. Thanks for all your best wishes and prayers. I have to say I enjoy going braless.

How are you doing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, math teacher said:

Had fever Wednesday and Thursday and still using the inhaler. Oxygen is good-like 95. I'm supposed to go back to work Monday.

Hope you get lots of rest this weekend and are well enough to return to work.  Take care! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Happy2BaMom said:

I saw your update on the other thread as well, and just wanted to say I’m really sorry you’ve been hospitalized. 

I hope it’s a speedy recovery now that they’re throwing the strong stuff at ya!

Hugs. 

I didn't see the other thread. I am sorry you've been hospitalized. 

• Like 2

I didn’t see the other thread, but I’m going to go look for it now. 

I’m so sorry that you had to go to the hospital — how scary!!! 😞  I hope you now have the right medications and that you will recover very quickly!

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy2BaMom said:

I saw your update on the other thread as well, and just wanted to say I’m really sorry you’ve been hospitalized. 

I hope it’s a speedy recovery now that they’re throwing the strong stuff at ya!

Hugs. 

The thread said that she went to the ER for treatment.  Did I miss hospitalization?  Or did she go home after treatment?  (The latter is what I read the post as saying but I might be wrong.)

• Like 2

I was sent home from the ER, not admitted. I'm off work another week, and will be tested again on Friday. 

I'm pretty bummed about getting this after being so careful. But I was around people who were not careful-I'm all up in my feels about it. 

I'm sorry you had to go to the ER and hope you feel better soon.  That is so frustrating that you got sick from others who were not careful.  😞

• Like 2

I'm pretty bummed about getting this after being so careful. But I was around people who were not careful-I'm all up in my feels about it. 

17 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I'd be bummed and also enraged. 

13 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I'm sorry you had to go to the ER and hope you feel better soon.  That is so frustrating that you got sick from others who were not careful.  😞

I would be so bummed and angry, too!!! 

That’s one of the reasons why I get so annoyed when people say things like, “I don’t need to wear a mask. If other people are scared, they can wear the stupid masks.” Well, those inconsiderate non-mask-wearers are putting careful people like you at risk, and now you are the one who is sick. It’s just terrible!!! 🤬

• Like 6