Menu

FAFSA and Homeschoolers HELP!

Posted (edited)

While I am on hold with FAFSA, I google how to input high school name on FAFSA.  I found someone posting on some FAFSA website.  It's a old post said to just press next....but it didn't work for the poster.  Then there is a last post from a parent that said just put down "Open High".  I tried it and it worked!  Except at the same time FAFSA got on.  They said to put "Homeschooled" and city and state and then press "next".  I actually tried that before calling but I kept getting errors.  Anyway.........for anyone else trying to add homeschool to your FAFSA ....try "Homeschooled" for name of school.  It worked for me.

Edited by Nicholas_mom

For the FAFSA, I just selected Home School in the option of type of Diploma. I never had to select a school at that point.

Edited to Add that "at that point" means that it never asked me to name our school or what state our school was in.

Edited by Forgiven
clarification
  • Like 3

I may be doing it wrong since I didn’t know to select home school initially. I just entered our school name, and when it asks to confirm or whatever again, I just hit next. It lets me move on every year. I guess it doesn’t care if it finds the high school or not!

• Like 2