Menu

Dover Publications sale

Coloring books by John Green and A.G. Smith, and paper dolls by Tom Tierney. Fantastic.

When you're reading about the crusades, your young 'uns color "Story of the Crusades" by John Green. When you're reading about Europe during the Roman Empire or the Dark Ages, they color in "Life in Celtic Times" by A.G. Smith. And so on, for so many other periods. Detailed and accurate. Beware, though. Your children will disdain normal coloring books after seeing these.

They also have a couple of G.A. Henty titles, if those appeal to your kids, and lots of classic titles for cheap. I like to have our own copy of books we're using as read-alouds so I don't worry about overdue fines. With Dover I can easily do that.

any recommendations? what's on y'all's lists?

Several months ago, I purchased the Wizard of Oz books from them - they're very nice, with the illustrations.

This time, I got some titles that are on the Ambleside booklist that I didn't have, including Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates, that is on sale for half off.