Menu

Meals on Wheels...how would you feel?

BakersDozen

Meals on Wheels reason for use  

64 members have voted

1. 1. MoW used by those who don't really need it...

• Doesn't bother me.
    • Bothers me a lot.
    • Other

I strongly believe these programs should be more expansive anyway. We know that fraud is low overall from numerous studies. If she's older, alone, and qualifies for home health, then good grief... I don't especially care if she could cook a meal. I think it's fine for her to get meals. When my grandmother was at the end of her time in her home, she was capable of cooking meals, but she had basically stopped doing it very often. There were people looking in on her, but in retrospect, I think MoW would have actually helped her a lot. Would it have been absolutely necessary? No. She had enough income and mobility to cook. But would it have improved her quality of life? Yes, absolutely. I don't think there's some firm line here.

I hate when we treat basic necessities like food as competitive resources. There is enough food to go around. We should provide that to the people who need it whenever possible and stop quibbling over whether or not they really deserve it.

On a personal level, I sympathize with the OP dealing with her mother's various issues. I understand that's difficult. 

• Like 12

More fuel and food is expended by singles that cook for themselves than is expended by giving them meals on MOW, especially a once a week delivery of frozen meals. MOW is efficient. Independence CAN be a good thing in certain situations, but it is not a virtue in itself. Independence at all costs is not efficient. Humans are pack animals. Our species as a whole is weakened by the attitudes that I am seeing displayed here. Right and wrong are opinion words, but it is a fact that singles that shop and cook for themselves cannot do it as efficiently as they can eat food that was prepared in bulk. 

This reminds me of the whole food stamp pizza thing a few years ago. 7/11 still does it, but seldom advertises. You can get 2 large cooked pizzas for $10, which is cheaper than the equivalent amount of bread and sandwich fillings, but people lost their minds that poor people might have access to something nice. And no one factored in that people taking advantage of this opportunity might not have working oven, or even a home, and that they might be disabled in some way. 

Pre-cooked food is efficient. Socialization and human contact is essential to survival.

Another issue is that mentally disabled people more often than not self-report that they can function higher than they do in every way. As well as thinking they don't need their meds, they think they can do more physically, and attempt to do so, until they crash. Giving them more support than they claim that they need, and convincing them to take advantage or it, is a part of their treatment plan. This is a public forum and people are reading this thread that might react by becoming non-compliant with a treatment plan that has been keeping them stable.

This thread makes me sad.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hunter said:

More fuel and food is expended by singles that cook for themselves than is expended by giving them meals on MOW, especially a once a week delivery of frozen meals. MOW is efficient. Independence CAN be a good thing in certain situations, but it is not a virtue in itself. Independence at all costs is not efficient. Humans are pack animals. Our species as a whole is weakened by the attitudes that I am seeing displayed here. Right and wrong are opinion words, but it is a fact that singles that shop and cook for themselves cannot do it as efficiently as they can eat food that was prepared in bulk. 

This reminds me of the whole food stamp pizza thing a few years ago. 7/11 still does it, but seldom advertises. You can get 2 large cooked pizzas for $10, which is cheaper than the equivalent amount of bread and sandwich fillings, but people lost their minds that poor people might have access to something nice. And no one factored in that people taking advantage of this opportunity might not have working oven, or even a home, and that they might be disabled in some way. 

Pre-cooked food is efficient. Socialization and human contact is essential to survival.

Another issue is that mentally disabled people more often than not self-report that they can function higher than they do in every way. As well as thinking they don't need their meds, they think they can do more physically, and attempt to do so, until they crash. Giving them more support than they claim that they need, and convincing them to take advantage or it, is a part of their treatment plan. This is a public forum and people are reading this thread that might react by becoming non-compliant with a treatment plan that has been keeping them stable.

This thread makes me sad.

Me too!  Why is so hard to just be happy that fellow humans have access to what you (for whatever reason) have access to?  Why do we need people to be homeless and cold and starving before we help them as a society?

Ugh.  

• Like 5

And this thread is just proof that we should all stop judging people based upon the little bit we might know about their life.  I mean, sure we have heard plenty about this OP's mother and we ALL agree she is a taker, but not EVERYONE who accepts help is a taker.  

Because it seems like some on here are upset with people taking MOW if they don't actually NEED it even if they qualify under the guidelines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

If my mom gets MOW it will look like taking.  But honestly, my sister can't do one more thing--and keep her job.  So maybe the MOW is really helping two people in this case.  

We never do know the whole story, do we?

Right, and I see your point....that maybe the OPs mom needs it for other reasons....I think what I was saying is that is what we do....we know enough about someone that we think we know enough to judge them.  And maybe we do.  Maybe the OP knows enough about her own mother to feel certain this is a WRONG thing her mom is doing.  But in most case we really don't.  And honestly, I don't even begrudge the OP's mom getting MoW.  She may be a user and a taker, but she is still human and needs to eat.  

I am a little on edge today....MIL texted us and said the end is near for FIL.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I have a cousin who complained endlessly about the young family with many kids because the babies were all paid for with Medicaid.  Now never mind that they qualified for Medicaid.  And the dad worked and they were good people.  She was just annoyed that they were getting benefits just in general.  My mom finally asked her, 'what do you want to happen?  Do you want these babies born at home alone with no prenatal care?'  Cousin at least stopped complaining to us about the family.

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

And honestly, I don't even begrudge the OP's mom getting MoW.  She may be a user and a taker, but she is still human and needs to eat.  

I am a little on edge today....MIL texted us and said the end is near for FIL.  

Right after my divorce, I received services as women's center that had large posters on the wall stating the mission statement. There were two things on the list that were entirely new ideas to me:  

1. Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity

2. Everyone has the right to eat.

Even before Covid, that center had abandoned its mission statement and taken the posters down, but when the center was what it was, it introduced me to new ideas that have become a part of me.

I was at that center years ago to meet with a social worker, and another woman threw hot water on me and burned me so badly I still have the scars today. But even as I still had steam coming off me, I was screaming at staff to make sure she did not lose her access to food and vital services. My social worker did not do enough to make sure that happened and I confronted her over it. I asked her if she really believed the mission statement. I did and I do. I care more that woman is treated with dignity and has food than I care about my scars.

I believe in the declaration of human rights. After WW2, the nations came together and wrote the declaration and the United States was at the head of that, but is now at the head of the list of those that have abandoned it.

Scarlett, I am so sorry about FIL! It was 14 years ago that my exH's Nanny died and I am still traumatized by what happened to her in her final days. I believe in the things listed in the Declaration of Human Rights! Even when the freaking steam is still rising off my burnt body.

Injustice never lasts. It implodes upon itself when it gets too large. An implosion is coming. Nanny was basically euthanized, but she was spared the implosion that came after she passed. Scarlet, maybe FIL is being spared something worse. May he have peace and be surrounded with love as he passes.

Edited by Hunter
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Most of the time, I would agree with this.  However in the case of the OP's mother, it would be essentially spending money that rightfully belongs to others anyway

As a country, why do we worry about the scraps that we think one poor person is taking from an even pooper person, instead of worrying about the BILLIONS that rightfully belong to others?

We will pass laws to make sure ONE poor person doesn't get scraps they don't "need", even though the result is that many other poor people don't get their scraps either. But we do nothing about exponential growing economic divide. 

We are being turned on each other, and we are falling for it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

If my mom gets MOW it will look like taking.  But honestly, my sister can't do one more thing--and keep her job.  So maybe the MOW is really helping two people in this case.  

We never do know the whole story, do we?

We are social animals and can only thrive in a pack. The USA has more than enough for everyone, if we just share and love each other. Everyone in the pack benefits when all the members of the pack are taken care of. We all have more when we all give more.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Right after my divorce, I received services as women's center that had large posters on the wall stating the mission statement. There were two things on the list that were entirely new ideas to me:  

1. Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity

2. Everyone has the right to eat.

Even before Covid, that center had abandoned its mission statement and taken the posters down, but when the center was what it was, it introduced me to new ideas that have become a part of me.

I was at that center years ago to meet with a social worker, and another woman threw hot water on me and burned me so badly I still have the scars today. But even as I still had steam coming off me, I was screaming at staff to make sure she did not lose her access to food and vital services. My social worker did not do enough to make sure that happened and I confronted her over it. I asked her if she really believed the mission statement. I did and I do. I care more that woman is treated with dignity and has food than I care about my scars.

I believe in the declaration of human rights. After WW2, the nations came together and wrote the declaration and the United States was at the head of that, but is now at the head of the list of those that have abandoned it.

Scarlett, I am so sorry about FIL! It was 14 years ago that my exH's Nanny died and I am still traumatized by what happened to her in her final days. I believe in the things listed in the Declaration of Human Rights! Even when the freaking steam is still rising off my burnt body.

Injustice never lasts. It implodes upon itself when it gets too large. An implosion is coming. Nanny was basically euthanized, but she was spared the implosion that came after she passed. Scarlet, maybe FIL is being spared something worse. May he have peace and be surrounded with love as he passes.

Oh that sounds horrific? Why did she do that? Surely mental illness or drugs were in play.  

My mother always spoke about dignity. About how important it was to let people keep their dignity . That comes to mind when I hear people freaking out over a snap recipient being allowed to buy pre cooked pizza.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Most of the time, I would agree with this.  However in the case of the OP's mother, it would be essentially spending money that rightfully belongs to others anyway

I don't understand this.  Who does the money rightfully belong to?  

Many non-profits benefit people who are not financially needy.  In my community there are cries to give to United Way and help the less fortunate.  While some of that money does go to the less fortunate--some goes to Boys Scouts--and the troops are at the schools that the sons of the professional athletes and CEOs attend--not the schools where the boys who are from low-income families attend.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Specifically in the case of the OP, the money her mother has rightfully belongs to the children of her mother's late spouse.  The OP had a thread a while ago about her her mother basically scammed (the mother's) spouse, with changes to a will, and a bunch of other stuff.  If I am not mistaken the mother's step kids have a legal proceeding going on with regards to this.  It's a really awful situation.  

Oh, I thought you mean the MOWs money belong to someone else.  So, in this case, the issue is the person has money to spend on food (but that money isn't rightfully her money)?  So, then if the person doesn't rightfully have money to buy food, then why is accepting MOW a problem?  Then the money can hopefully be returned to the rightful owners through the legal proceedings. 

11 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

Oh, I thought you mean the MOWs money belong to someone else.  So, in this case, the issue is the person has money to spend on food (but that money isn't rightfully her money)?  So, then if the person doesn't rightfully have money to buy food, then why is accepting MOW a problem?  Then the money can hopefully be returned to the rightful owners through the legal proceedings. 

My understanding is she has settled with her step children and returned a portion of the money. 

5 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Because if the person receiving MOW is using the money of others to buy food that MOW doesn't provide, she's still taking advantage of and cheating others.  She's cheating MOW by lying about how much money she has, and she's cheating her step kids by using their money to buy food that MOW doesn't provide.

Unfortunately it's unlikely that the entire financial disaster would be sorted out in any meaningful way, without years and years of abuse of the charity and legal system.  (obviously, based on everything the OP has posted about her mother. In this case, I am speaking about specifics of a specific situation as I understand things.  I am not speaking generally and should specifics as I understand them change...my opinion is likely to change.)

I am not clear about the assumption of lying about how much money she has to MOW--in my area, financial need is not a criterion for MOW; because it is administered differently in different areas, maybe it is in her area, but in my area, it would not be.  

11 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

I am not clear about the assumption of lying about how much money she has to MOW--in my area, financial need is not a criterion for MOW; because it is administered differently in different areas, maybe it is in her area, but in my area, it would not be.  

In my MILs are there is no income requirement either.  

38 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Oh that sounds horrific? Why did she do that? Surely mental illness or drugs were in play.  

My mother always spoke about dignity. About how important it was to let people keep their dignity . That comes to mind when I hear people freaking out over a snap recipient being allowed to buy pre cooked pizza.  

Multiple issues were at play. Including that I could of been more aware of what was going on and have worked harder to de-escalate the situation. The woman was at the center because she was in need, and her needs were greater than mine that day, and I didn't see HER as a PERSON because I was running late and totally focused on myself. But when she threw the water, time stopped, and I saw her, really saw her. My panic for her was greater than any panic for myself. I was going to be scarred, but I was certain that I would survive. I was not so sure that she would survive the loss of critical services. I had to put some effort into making sure she stayed okay. People got tested that day: all of us. I failed the part before the water was thrown, and decided not to fail at what came next.

Dignity. Yup. I could have treated her with more dignity. I think she was fresh out of jail, and I think I broke a jail rule of conduct. And when she tried to correct me, I didn't  even acknowledge her. I was once told that humans require 4 things and that one of them is to have impact. I have never forgotten that. Her attempts to correct me had no impact on me. I was like a duck with water rolling off my back, and as she escalated, and we finally made eye contact, the look I gave her said that she did not matter, and that was what made her lose it. She wanted to have impact. She succeeded at having impact, but paid dearly for it. Dignity. Yup, We all paid the price that day, because I did not treat someone with more dignity after a whole lot of other people had treated her with no dignity.

Being human has become to mean something very special to me.

• Like 1

I read a really interesting article in the October 2020 edition of Scientific America entitled "Born Unequal". The article focused on improving newborn care as a way to improve lifelong health. Various points were raised about air pollution, maternal stress, poor nutrition, smoking, seasonal influenza infection correlations, etc.  I found particular interest in a bit that talked about how mothers who receive WIC in pregnancy are less likely to have low birth weight babies compared to mothers of a similar cohort that do not.  (Their children are also less likely to have ADHD and other mental conditions, fwiw.) Likewise, women who are enrolled in Medicaid during pregnancy give birth to children more likely to attend college, have higher earnings, etc. They are less likely to have chronic health conditions such as asthma. Cash payments such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, access to federally funded preschool, and other publicly funded programs provide actual benefits.

I mention this specifically because as a culture we often highly how expensive these programs are. We have leaders who have repeatedly cut funding to these programs. And yet, it seems, these programs are actually beneficial.  We live in a culture that prizes pulling oneself up by the bootstraps....and being entirely self-reliant.....when it appears that studies show that public health measures actually provide increased health.

So, I dunno, I guess I am ambivalent about whether someone is actually destitute enough/disabled enough to qualify for a program. If the program is available and she meets the criteria for it, so much the better. If she has funds, she can donate (or pay any required fees). 

------------

Our school district is providing free lunches to everyone right now. I say "free" but it's funded by the USDA.  The foods purchased from local dairies and farmers by the USDA helps those farmers.  Families can choose to participate for whatever reason they want. I don't really begrudge those who COULD feed their kids on their own but choose to get a lunch instead. I kinda see this in a similar light.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Multiple issues were at play. Including that I could of been more aware of what was going on and have worked harder to de-escalate the situation. The woman was at the center because she was in need, and her needs were greater than mine that day, and I didn't see HER as a PERSON because I was running late and totally focused on myself. But when she threw the water, time stopped, and I saw her, really saw her. My panic for her was greater than any panic for myself. I was going to be scarred, but I was certain that I would survive. I was not so sure that she would survive the loss of critical services. I had to put some effort into making sure she stayed okay. People got tested that day: all of us. I failed the part before the water was thrown, and decided not to fail at what came next.

Dignity. Yup. I could have treated her with more dignity. I think she was fresh out of jail, and I think I broke a jail rule of conduct. And when she tried to correct me, I didn't  even acknowledge her. I was once told that humans require 4 things and that one of them is to have impact. I have never forgotten that. Her attempts to correct me had no impact on me. I was like a duck with water rolling off my back, and as she escalated, and we finally made eye contact, the look I gave her said that she did not matter, and that was what made her lose it. She wanted to have impact. She succeeded at having impact, but paid dearly for it. Dignity. Yup, We all paid the price that day, because I did not treat someone with more dignity after a whole lot of other people had treated her with no dignity.

Being human has become to mean something very special to me.

Wow.  That is heavy.  Thank you for sharing that.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I asked my MIL about it today.  No income limits in her area.  To qualify you fill out a form.....seems like inability to cook for yourself or drive were the main ones that let him qualify...her husband has never been able to cook for himself...lol....but in all seriousness he is now bedridden and definitely qualifies.  She said she also would qualify to get one but she just takes it for him. They accept donations and she donates regularly.  She said it is a wonderful provision for people who live alone....if they can’t get you to the door they put a call in for a well check.  If she won’t be home she leaves a note and an ice chest. 

My MIL has her hands full with his care.  So I hope no one begrudges her taking the meals which allows her to focus on other things he needs done.  

In your MIL’s case, I wish she would accept the meals for herself, as well as for her husband, because not having to cook every meal might ease a little bit of the burden for her. She must be so sad, stressed, and exhausted. Having someone else deliver meals to her could be such a blessing, and I wish she would take advantage of that opportunity. 

She sounds like a lovely lady. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

In your MIL’s case, I wish she would accept the meals for herself, as well as for her husband, because not having to cook every meal might ease a little bit of the burden for her. She must be so sad, stressed, and exhausted. Having someone else deliver meals to her could be such a blessing, and I wish she would take advantage of that opportunity. 

She sounds like a lovely lady. 

She is wonderful.  She is ok, honestly her husband is eating so little that usually ends up eating his meals.  We had a wonderful weekend, cooking and eating and enjoying ourselves. This morning she texted us all that at 6 a.m she called the nurse because she thought it was the end.  I feel so sad for her, how scared she must have been....

One of her dds txted this on our group text

Love you both so much Mom. It's heartrending how much you have had to endure already, Dsdad too, this disease is horrible to you both. You're definitely one the best examples of having endurance, long-suffering (major-patience) and loyal love. Hang in there Mommy. 💕💛💜💕

She will be ok.  She has kept him home the entire time. Refused to send him to a nursing home even when we thought she should.  So the help she gets is priceless to her...and if you think about it, she takes the burden off of society by keeping him home through this long goodbye, so any little help she gets is worth it to all. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Do you realize that if you make $50k a year, only about $36 of your taxes goes to fund SNAP?

Every time I hear some jerkface complaining about "people who spend other people's money" I want to hand them a $50, tell them it's a refund and to keep the change.

(I'd rapidly run out of money if I did that, and those jerks still wouldn't shut up.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Do you realize that if you make $50k a year, only about $36 of your taxes goes to fund SNAP?

Every time I hear some jerkface complaining about "people who spend other people's money" I want to hand them a $50, tell them it's a refund and to keep the change.

(I'd rapidly run out of money if I did that, and those jerks still wouldn't shut up.)

I actually didn’t know know it was that little but I am not surprised. Most people have no idea how the tax money is divided up. 

Edited by Scarlett

3 minutes ago, HeighHo said:

I'm not hearing people complain about the truly poor. They are complaining about the people who have a large amount of under the table cash income, yet plead poverty. Or a large amount of wealth, but won't use it to take care of their personal needs such as food and medical, instead sending the bill to those who are working and struggling to put food on the table for the adults in the family who are between 19 and 60 in age and qualify for nothing but 3 meals every two weeks from the food pantry. The working poor are having a tough time with rent and medical, since they are subsidizing a huge amount of wealthy retirees and those working off the books.

Where is the evidence of this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeighHo said:

The working poor are having a tough time with rent and medical, since they are subsidizing a huge amount of wealthy retirees and those working off the books.

I understand why people believe this. I used to believe it. I was tricked. When the people at the bottom tear each other apart, they don't band together and look up. We are being tricked.

• Like 3

Does she pay for it?

My mom got MoW for a while and they had to pay $10 or so per meal.   That was in Arizona.

When my mom died in Dec, my dad moved to SC in June and I tried to get MoW for him and they said no, even if he paid.   He doesn't even have a kitchen!   He has a fridge and a microwave.

It is working out ok, I just make his meals for him and freeze for the week.   And we add his grocery list to ours each week.   It isn't a big deal.   But if I couldn't do it, he would be in trouble.

3 hours ago, HeighHo said:

I'm not hearing people complain about the truly poor. They are complaining about the people who have a large amount of under the table cash income, yet plead poverty. Or a large amount of wealth, but won't use it to take care of their personal needs such as food and medical, instead sending the bill to those who are working and struggling to put food on the table for the adults in the family who are between 19 and 60 in age and qualify for nothing but 3 meals every two weeks from the food pantry. The working poor are having a tough time with rent and medical, since they are subsidizing a huge amount of wealthy retirees and those working off the books.

Oh, they all say that, but when you ask them to back up their assertion that those people are widespread and running rampant in society, ruining things for everybody else, they never can quite stick the landing.

HeighHo, Scarlett is right. You're the one making that claim, you're the one with the burden of proof here. It's not unreasonable to ask you to show that a significant portion of SNAP recipients could actually do without. (Note - the fact that some percentage of SNAP recipients are working under the table is not sufficient, because cutoffs for all forms of welfare are so restrictive that some people may not be able to make ends meet without a casual source of income. You need to show that those people would not simply be disqualified from SNAP if they properly filed all their income, but that their income is sufficient to sustain them without SNAP or other forms of aid.)

On another note, I feel it is worth mentioning that SNAP is the best economic stimulus we have. Every dollar we invest into SNAP brings back another $1.70 in economic activity. We should expand SNAP - not gatekeep even harder. And if we expand opportunity to people who don't strictly "need" it, we help reduce the stigma - and save a lot of money on paperwork.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeighHo said:

Sorry , Charlie.  Plenty of posters make observations.  Just because you want to pick one particular poster to ask for a citation from doesn't mean that poster has to get right to work to please you.  You want to verify an observation independently, go right ahead and pick sources that work for your educational level...you are obligated to do your own homework.

Wow.  

6 hours ago, HeighHo said:

I don't have the time to research sources at your level of stats ed.

2 hours ago, HeighHo said:

You want to verify an observation independently, go right ahead and pick sources that work for your educational level

Wow, is this needed? Flag on the play for unnecessary roughness.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HeighHo said:

Sorry , Charlie.  Plenty of posters make observations.  Just because you want to pick one particular poster to ask for a citation from doesn't mean that poster has to get right to work to please you.  You want to verify an observation independently, go right ahead and pick sources that work for your educational level...you are obligated to do your own homework.

You're not making an observation, though. You're making a claim first about what other people are 'really' saying when they complain about SNAP (and I gotta say, your experience may be different from mine, but nobody I overhear is saying what you claim) and then about who really is receiving it.

Your rudeness and defensiveness looks like you can't actually put your money where your mouth is.

Easier just to not rent from them, or hire their slaves.

Weird terminology. Why do you keep referring to slaves?

At any rate, where I live on Staten Island half the houses in my immediate neighborhood are filled with the same family that was there when we moved in in the early 1990s. You frequently have three or more generations in the same home. Even when people move, they don't go far.

So... you don't know me and you don't know what you're talking about.

But what we all know is this - when you're speaking to somebody about one subject, and they seem bound and determined to switch to another subject, ANY other subject, it's because they don't want to talk about the first subject. Usually because the first subject isn't going to go well for them.

As a courtesy, I backed up my statements about SNAP. I'd much rather you address those than make weird comments about slavery or my community, or not-so-subtly insult everybody's education just because they don't believe what you say for no other reason than because you said it.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Thanks 1

Not commenting about any substantive opinion, just disagreeing with the assertion that you have to provide a link if you state what you believe to be a fact.  First of all, most of us are not prepared to do that about 99.9% of the facts we believe and state.  (And no, I don't have a link for that stat.)  Secondly, it stifles conversation if you aren't allowed to comment unless you have time to find and post links.  Third, adults can disagree and move on if they don't like the level of evidence supporting a statement.

If we're honest, most of the time when people rebut with "you have to prove it with a link," are they really interested in learning more and open to changing their minds, or are they looking for more opportunities to refute a belief?

The references to people's education were out of line also.  "No, I don't have a link" is more than sufficient, as is simply remaining silent about it.

• Thanks 1

We are pack animals and thrive when we take advantage of efficient meal preparation and food distribution. As a society we suffer instead of gaining anything when we ration food or even just access to prepared food.

Pack animals "need" the rest of their pack, even when they do not "qualify".

Food and inclusion and shared meals and all that type of stuff is at the very bottom of the Maslow pyramid. I can link to that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

The mailman has not come to my neighborhood since Saturday. We have bigger problems than welfare "fraud" in this country right now. We need to feed as many people as we can. Period! We need to work together. Period. Or we are royally mucked. All of us!

Edited by Hunter
grammar
  • Like 1