Menu

Cute Trendy fall shoes

rjand6more

33 minutes ago, MEmama said:

My Dr Martens! 😎

Cute with skinny jeans, leggings, dresses, skirts...a one stop, all purpose shoe. 🙂 

But yeah, maybe not what you’re looking for? 

I used to wear them all the time!

I don't like a tight fit around my ankles anymore tho.  

They are cute!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SusanC said:

The price sends me into hysterics, but a friend has a pair from this brand that she wears all winter, every winter and loves. Similar look to Doc Martens but the low boots don't construct your ankle.

https://duckfeetusa.com/

Those are adorable!  Maybe if I don't buy anymore shoes for a year I could justify the cost!! haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SusanC said:

The price sends me into hysterics, but a friend has a pair from this brand that she wears all winter, every winter and loves. Similar look to Doc Martens but the low boots don't construct your ankle.

Love their philosophy. Have a few well0loved pieces rather than a bunch of stuff you never wear! And they are Danish...:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SusanC said:

Oh no!
Please please please delete the link so I can forget about these...they are adorable! Someone please hide my credit card! 😳

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SusanC said:

These look so cute!  I actually like the strap shoes in all the different colors, but do you know how they fit.  A wide toe box is good, but overall I have a narrow food.  I love my dansko’s, but can only wear a couple styles that come in narrows.  I don’t like that danskos are now made in China, but I do like that these are made in Poland.

2 hours ago, Mom2mthj said:

These look so cute!  I actually like the strap shoes in all the different colors, but do you know how they fit.  A wide toe box is good, but overall I have a narrow food.  I love my dansko’s, but can only wear a couple styles that come in narrows.  I don’t like that danskos are now made in China, but I do like that these are made in Poland.

Check out Sanitas. They used to be the source of Dansko clogs before Dansko went to China. I have a pair of Sanitas clogs I bought years and years ago and other than the fact that I’ve scuffed the toes through my clumsiness, they are in great shape. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

I am wearing cute Altras, and my feet are thanking me all the time.

They are cushy, they are zero drop, and they are wide like Duckfeet in front so all my toes can spread out.  I had no idea how constrained my little toes were until they weren’t anymore.  I have three styles and I alternate them.  Happy happy happy.

Ok, tell me more about Altra.  I really like my Hokas, but I’m willing to experiment. However, what I’m REALLY looking for is something that doesn’t look like an athletic shoe but feels like one.  I was looking at the men’s Cayd style, but the zero drop makes me concerned.  I’m not sure I know what that means, but I have plantar fasciitis that I try very hard not to aggravate, and a cushy heel is vital.  I actually do better with a wedge heel, but I don’t always want a “dress shoe.”  I teach elementary school so need something serviceable with jeans or more casual pants, but something that I could also wear with a skirt, etc.

42 minutes ago, hopeistheword said:

Ok, tell me more about Altra.  I really like my Hokas, but I’m willing to experiment. However, what I’m REALLY looking for is something that doesn’t look like an athletic shoe but feels like one.  I was looking at the men’s Cayd style, but the zero drop makes me concerned.  I’m not sure I know what that means, but I have plantar fasciitis that I try very hard not to aggravate, and a cushy heel is vital.  I actually do better with a wedge heel, but I don’t always want a “dress shoe.”  I teach elementary school so need something serviceable with jeans or more casual pants, but something that I could also wear with a skirt, etc.

They really do look like athletic shoes. You might look at the Torin Plush—I have the regular Torins, and they already feel so luxe to me from a cushy standpoint but I understand that the Plushes are even more so.

I have noticed that most people seem to do better with EITHER Hokas or Altras.  They must have slightly different lasts, I guess.   Hokas just don’t feel right on me, and Altras might not feel right on you.

I used to have PF, and I feel like my Altras are cushy enough to not make it come back.  I find that they cushion my heels just fine, and that the cushiness molds enough to feel some support in the arch, but not like an actual ARCH SUPPORT IFYKIM.  But not like some hard shoes do where I feel like my arch isn’t even touching the shoe at all.  

For flattish shoes with skirts I used to wear Bjorns or Soffts when I had mild PF, and Earthies with mild to no PF.  The Earthies were great—more cushy, and a little arch support but not too much.  

I’ve also found that the biggest improvement to preventing my PF from returning was changing my gait away from heel striking, even when walking.  It took me a while to do this—I felt off balance at first, and I realized that I was sitting back on my heels avoid falling BUT if I sat forward on them my balance was actually much better, kind of like with skiing.  This was quite an adjustment to me after 60 years, but I couldn’t be happier with the results.

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure how trendy these are, but I just got Dansko Fawna maryjanes, and so far, so good.  I have no pain while wearing these, and that’s almost unheard of for me.  Here’s the link, and I’ll try to upload pictures of them on my distinctly unmodel-like feet. 😀

I also own a pair of an old version of the Dansko Sam maryjane clog (in embossed suede—so cute!), and they are quite comfy, too. 

573D1896-7A1F-4A26-9F0E-6A046D821283.jpeg

BEF71A61-2E01-42C5-BDA1-086354CAF4D5.jpeg

• Like 2

This is what I wore all last fall/winter and what I’ll be wearing this year as well. They’re super comfortable and warm. On my feet, they’re a little bit more of a tennis shoe feel than a boot feel—not clunky at all (which I really dislike in boots)

https://www.zappos.com/p/sorel-explorer-joan-camel-brown-ancient-fossil/product/9053708/color/751804

• Like 2

I second Duck Feet. I've got a pair of their shoes I've worn for 3/4 of each year for 3 years now. They were comfortable from the get go but have broken is buttery soft. Just a quick swipe with leather conditioner at the beginning of the season before I start to wear them and they look brand new. You won't need lots of shoes because you will reach for these over and over again. I promise! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dynamite5 said:

I second Duck Feet. I've got a pair of their shoes I've worn for 3/4 of each year for 3 years now. They were comfortable from the get go but have broken is buttery soft. Just a quick swipe with leather conditioner at the beginning of the season before I start to wear them and they look brand new. You won't need lots of shoes because you will reach for these over and over again. I promise! 

Do you know anyone who sells them in a store - I can only find their website.  I have a gut feeling that they will be too wide for my foot, but I really want to try a pair.  The colors are so cute!

Just now, Mom2mthj said:

Do you know anyone who sells them in a store?  I can only find their website.  I have a gut feeling that they will be too wide for my foot, but I really want to try a pair.  The colors are so cute!

On 9/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, SusanC said:

7 hours ago, Dynamite5 said:

Oh, you all are not helping. I've been eyeing the Falster for a while and had convinced myself they weren't worth the price. The saving grace is that they're out of my size in the color I want right now. 

• Haha 1