Menu

I need some clean air. You?

Spy Car

Do any of you have suggestions for scratchy,  itchy mouth/throat and cough?  I am quite sure that it’s smoke related not CV19.  

I have an area possibly at back of tongue and definitely on soft palate that feels like stuck particulates this morning causing cough (sort of like allergic tickle cough, but I think there is actually a physical bit of stuff) and gag reflex.  There was such a spot on hard palate that I was able to remove by scrubbing with a toothbrush and it did seem to be actual grime/grit like on the leaves picture .  I can’t do that way back on soft palate. Fluids don’t seem to dislodge whatever it is. I am gluten free and don’t usually eat bread, but it feels like maybe a bolus of soft bread or something like that maybe could help.  

15 minutes ago, Pen said:

Do any of you have suggestions for scratchy,  itchy mouth/throat and cough?  I am quite sure that it’s smoke related not CV19.  

I have an area possibly at back of tongue and definitely on soft palate that feels like stuck particulates this morning causing cough (sort of like allergic tickle cough, but I think there is actually a physical bit of stuff) and gag reflex.  There was such a spot on hard palate that I was able to remove by scrubbing with a toothbrush and it did seem to be actual grime/grit like on the leaves picture .  I can’t do that way back on soft palate. Fluids don’t seem to dislodge whatever it is. I am gluten free and don’t usually eat bread, but it feels like maybe a bolus of soft bread or something like that maybe could help.  

Mush around a chewed up crisp apple?  That's what I would try!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pen said:

Honey or yogurt smoothie (I blend mango with yogurt). They either clear my throat/oesophagus or activate my gag reflux. Smoke is one of my asthma triggers. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

It just hit here...I'm a little north of you.

It did not last long here, and air still seems (and is rated on AirNow and PurpleAir) hazardous.  But there’s lots of animal noise for first time in a long while... frogs, crickets, owls. 

Also I can see some leaves look like the ash was washed off. 

Edited by Pen

5 minutes ago, Pen said:

It did not last long here, and air still seems (and is rated on AirNow and PurpleAir) hazardous.  But there’s lots of animal noise for first time in a long while... frogs, crickets, owls. 

Also I can see some leaves look like the ash was washed off. 

I think everyone in the neighborhood went outside as it started--a celebration of sorts. Then realized the air is still bad and headed back in!

• Like 1

I saw blue skies for a bit here in LA today. The days-long massive headache and poisoned feeling abated somewhat. Still struggling with the bad air. But better.

Thinking of you all up north, where I know it's worse. Wish you a little rain and clean air.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 3

We have rain now, and air quality improved from hazardous to moderate .  !  It’s expected to be unhealthy tomorrow which itself will be a huge improvement froM days of hazardous.    I think there’s been enough rain to possibly help with fires. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spy Car said:

Crickey. We just had an earthquake*. Like the day couldn't get any worse.

Bill

*small one

Glad only a small one.  

The yellowy look and silence of animals from the smoke is something I associate with pre-earthquake weather

Our air quality is good now, but we had a big thunderstorm yesterday afternoon.  There was flash flooding.  Quite a few roads were closed and some houses had some flooding.  DH and I were on the freeway at the time and the driving conditions were scary.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

We're at AQI of 14!!! I need to take dd out on a walk. AQI was in the 300's Thursday night--then the rains came. We've been indoors for almost 2 weeks.

Yay!!!   I am

happy to hear that!

we made it into yellow “moderate” 64 or something.  Big improvement!!!

• Like 1