Menu

What's your dinner menu look like this week?

Elizabeth86

Tonight is leftovers from last night (vegan/plant based version of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches, oven fries, and macaroni salad)

The rest of the week is:

cabbage fried rice

creamy southwestern soup

samosa rolls with roasted broccoli and cauliflower

BBQ lentil sloppy joes with baked potatoes and slaw

Turkey teriyaki stir fry and Asian salad kit (We love the salad kits with cabbage in them.)

White chicken chili, chips and salsa and guacamole

Hamburger mac and cheese, green beans

Smoked sausage with potatoes and onions, cole slaw

We usually eat out on Wednesday's on our way to church. We used to have dinner offered at church, but we aren't serving that now.  

At this point it’s more ingredients than fully formed ideas so . . . 

Pork enchiladas and Creamy chicken enchiladas

beer brats

cheesesteaks

pork tenderloin

loaded potato soup

I’ll figure out the sides as I go. The enchilada meal will be 3 meals so we’ll probably eat it twice and freeze a tray for later. I’m still sneaking squash into things but the garden will end soon. 

• Like 1

Monday - hotdogs, corn on the cob, sauerkraut, roasted brussel sprouts, salad

Tuesday - take out from local restaurant: 

Baked Rosemary Chickpeas:  Slow Roasted with Onion, Garlic and Rosemary for a rich, caramelized, hearty meal.

Fennel Pot Pie: Fresh fennel, leaks, carrots and scallions made with phyllo dough for a Veggie-Full version of Spanakopita

Wednesday - boneless, skinless chicken breasts, baked; potatoes of some description, salad

Thursday - taco night

Friday - pasta, salad,

Saturday - Trout, sweet potatoes, salad

Sunday - breakfast-for-dinner

Last night was Chicken Gyros, roasted potatoes, lima beans, tomatoes.
Tonight - spinach lasagna. Maybe a salad too - and bread.
Wednesday night - bar-b-que chicken breasts, green beans, salad
Thursday night - homemade pizza or takeout
Friday night - takeout or homemade pizza - whichever we didn't have on Thursday!
Saturday - traditional breakfast for dinner (eggs, bacon, biscuits, smoothie)
Sunday - We usually pick something up for lunch at a drive-thru, supper is always on-your-own. 

last night we had teriyaki chicken with rice,

tonight rotisserie style chicken and crashed potatoes

Wed eggroll in a bowl

Thurs white chicken chili with the tonights leftover chicken

Fri gyros

weekends we eat up all the leftovers and start fresh with cooking on Sunday or Monday night depending on when we run out of leftovers.

Last night was steaks, biscuits, and carrot sticks

Tonight is tacos

Tomorrow is oven fried chicken, potatoes of some sort, and asparagus

Thursday is corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and some sort of veggie

Friday is date night, so the kids 1 & 2 are having frozen pizza, kid #3 is having a gluten free something, and DH and I will be getting some sort of take-out

Saturday is gluten free chicken pot pie

1 hour ago, Ethel Mertz said:

Monday - hotdogs, corn on the cob, sauerkraut, roasted brussel sprouts, salad

Tuesday - take out from local restaurant: 

Baked Rosemary Chickpeas:  Slow Roasted with Onion, Garlic and Rosemary for a rich, caramelized, hearty meal.

Fennel Pot Pie: Fresh fennel, leaks, carrots and scallions made with phyllo dough for a Veggie-Full version of Spanakopita

Wednesday - boneless, skinless chicken breasts, baked; potatoes of some description, salad

Thursday - taco night

Friday - pasta, salad,

Saturday - Trout, sweet potatoes, salad

Sunday - breakfast-for-dinner

The chickpeas sound great but the link takes me to a bakery menu.  Do you have a recipe link?  

Curried Beef & Mediterranean chopped salad

Roast chicken legs in BBQ sauce, south of the border coleslaw, canned peaches, cornbread

Pork chops, pan roasted lemon cauliflower, green beans

Marinated beef ramen with Asian cucumber salad

Pork tenderloin with apricot jam and mustard glaze, broccoli

Chicken Caesar Salad

Schwann's pork egg rolls, pork pot stickers, fried rice

• Like 1

Monday - Kid2 and adults chose Chipotle.  I let Kid1 have McD because she had a soccer game.  (She is a very picky eater.)

Tuesday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Wednesday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Thursday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Friday - it's Kid2's turn to choose a restaurant.

Saturday - leftovers, unless the kids talk the adults into going out again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over the weekend I cooked a boneless pork roast in the crockpot using this recipe.  (It’s my go-to.)  I also cooked some pintos and cornbread, as well as some Instant Pot brown basmati rice to go with the Korean keema someone shared here a few weeks ago. 

I ended up taking a little more than half of all this to my dad (plus a little bit of ham) for his suppers through the week because my mother got stuck staying with her elderly sister in law when her sitters couldn’t come over the weekend.  Daddy generally doesn’t cook, though he can keep himself alive. 🤣

Monday night we had whatever combination of the above was appealing. 

Tonight I’m making a pork loin roast in the oven using this (untried) recipe. With it we’ll have pre-made mashed potatoes (Sam’s), ranch green beans, and maybe mayonnaise rolls. 
I also need to make some eggroll in a bowl with some ground chicken and a bag of Prechopped coleslaw mix.  
update:  The pork loin was okay.  I prefer very flavorful food, but apparently my family doesn’t. While I thought it was a little bland, everyone ate the roast, including my super picky 7 yo. 

Tomorrow night MIGHT be breakfast. 

Thursday might be turkey burgers and fries or onion rings in the air fryer.  

I don’t know what Friday will be. 

I lose my cooking enthusiasm and resolve as the week goes on. I just got notification of a free Chick Fil A sandwich reward while I was typing up this post, so maybe it’s a sign for Friday’s supper. 🤣

Edited by hopeistheword
Update on tonight’s entree
  • Like 1

Yesterday, we had chicken enchiladas

Today -- hamburgers on pretzel buns with cole slaw

Wednesday -- chicken pot pie

Thursday -- fluffy baked blueberry pancakes  https://www.melskitchencafe.com/fluffy-baked-pancakes/

Friday -- tortellini pesto soup

That's as far as I've gotten. I like to do menu planning several weeks in advance, so I'm behind. Several of the meals for this week, I just decided while I was shopping this morning.

• Like 2

Spicy Maple Chicken with sweet potatoes and green beans

Schnitzel with scalloped potatoes

Salmon with roasted carrots and rice 

Tamales with green Chile 

BiBimBap

(This all sounds really good so ... yesterday we had smashburger, sunday we had pizza and saturday we had dinner with friends at a gastropub but the kids made themselves pad thai) 

Edited by theelfqueen

2 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

Yup that one is hello fresh (I toss all the meat into the freezer when it arrives) ... we get three meals once a month. 

We have so far received 3 meals twice....2 weeks apart.  I am still deciding.  I think when it is just dh and me I will be able to make better use of it. I think the food is good though.

21 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

We have so far received 3 meals twice....2 weeks apart.  I am still deciding.  I think when it is just dh and me I will be able to make better use of it. I think the food is good though.

My 15 year old loves cooking them so mostly I just help and he does the work. I love the way they are not three separate recipes but one meal so the timeline is interspersed in a way that the whole meal is done together.  Today I went ahead and peeled and chopped the sweet potatoes to save time later. If it calls for rice, We toss it in the instant pot instead of on the stove. 

Did you know you can access all the recipes on the app not just the ones you've made? Very nice! 

3 hours ago, SKL said:

Monday - Kid2 and adults chose Chipotle.  I let Kid1 have McD because she had a soccer game.  (She is a very picky eater.)

Tuesday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Wednesday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Thursday - don't know yet.  Ask my kids.

Friday - it's Kid2's turn to choose a restaurant.

Saturday - leftovers, unless the kids talk the adults into going out again.

I like your style. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

My 15 year old loves cooking them so mostly I just help and he does the work. I love the way they are not three separate recipes but one meal so the timeline is interspersed in a way that the whole meal is done together.  Today I went ahead and peeled and chopped the sweet potatoes to save time later. If it calls for rice, We toss it in the instant pot instead of on the stove. 

Did you know you can access all the recipes on the app not just the ones you've made? Very nice! 

No I did not realize that. I do like the meal/recipe cards.  Big and easy to ready.  I am collecting them.

• Like 1

Here’s ours:

Mon: Stuffed shells with marinara sauce; homemade Pain au Levain. 

Tue: Chicken Quesadillas; rice (made extra for fried rice later)

Wed: Chicken Fried Rice (though I think this is swapping with Thur)

Thur: Peach stuffed pork chops (not my deal, but dh wants to make these.)

Fri: homemade pizza

Sat: Italian steak and cheese sandwiches. 

I seriously would be up for sharing menus like this every week! 

• Like 2

This week is looking nothing like my original plan:

Yesterday - Leftovers (was supposed to be Cajun Chicken Pasta, but we still had too many leftovers to eat)
Today - Grilled Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Zucchini and Peppers, and Salad (was supposed to be a pork roast)
Tomorrow - Andouille Pasta Skillet, Pasta House salad (was supposed to be a breakfast sheet-pan dinner)
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas, Beans, Chips and Salsa
Friday - Junk Food Night
Saturday - Chili, Cornbread, Cucumber/Tomato Salad, Apple Crumble
Sunday - Pork Roast w/ Veggies, Seasoned Rice (was supposed to be hamburgers, but the grill is not going to be usable while we stain the deck)

Sunday: traditional sunday at my parents.  Roast, carrots, potatoes, peas, biscuits.  

Monday:  coconut milk red curry with chicken

Tuesday: grilled Salmon with bourban/honey/garlic, salads, cauli tots

Wednesday: brats with peppers and onions and buns for whoever wants them 

Thursday: ?

Friday: Chicken Enchilada casserole

Saturday: ?