Menu

Accountability Thread 9/13-9/19

Afternoon! Better late than never, I guess.

I may not be super accountable this week.  I took this week off of school to catch up things both in writing and around the house, but mostly I want to sit and do nothing. But for today I did some cleaning, cooking, and am working on Beta reading. 

• Like 2

I have never participated in one of these threads, but this seems like a good week to start. We had two really successful weeks of school followed by a weak week - planned as far as helping my dad put new windows in his house but not planned as far as the discovery of my niece's brain mass/tumor. This week we should find out more, so I want to have a really good plan for school in case I end up traveling again.

I am going to fill out the lesson plans tonight and make a shopping list for tomorrow. I have breakfast planned for tomorrow, but I need to pick another read aloud for the little girls.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Meriwether, it is good to see you here.  I'm glad for your presence but so sorry about the troubles that prompted it.  Your niece and family are in my prayers today. 

Today: plan our week, centering on school planning; sketch out meals; do Monday's school (WTM schedule) with necessary carry-overs into the weekend to allow for online classes; fitness all around, including me; get "decontaminated" groceries into a clean-ish 'fridge; house chores; get outside + get boys outside in masks b/c of air quality; encourage MIL to walk despite poor air (she needs it desperately); role-playing game tonight online with boys too.  Tonight's dinner is Vietnamese takeout; lunch is sausages & veggies. 

ETA: For tomorrow/later this week:

1. Make & print lesson plans for elder's chemistry:
    1. Zumdahl-based plans  classic chemistry reading course
    2. Great Books Junior science readings (weekly?)
    3. Source Readings for chemistry: modern?
    4. Integrate prep for a chemistry project, OR plan for this after Pauling's book
    5. General notes for moving onto Pauling's General Chemistry
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Afternoon! Better late than never, I guess.

I may not be super accountable this week.  I took this week off of school to catch up things both in writing and around the house, but mostly I want to sit and do nothing. But for today I did some cleaning, cooking, and am working on Beta reading. 

Thanks for your accountability RE not being accountable  😉   I hope that you can be both restored and more caught-up by the end of the week. 

• Like 1

Morning. What did they do to the board yesterday? Argh! I'm not sure I like it.

Yesterday I worked. I was also sick. Still not feeling well. I made the mistake of actually enjoying a new thing that was gluten free, and it turned out that it hated me. Hopefully better in another 24 hours, but after the GI distress, I'm usually wiped out for a few days. So I'm staying in pajamas today and trying not to do to much. 

Today's tasks:

House: basic chores, possibly linens. Don't think I'm up to a bunch of cleaning today.

Cooking: Italian chicken, noodles, broccoli. I'm probably going to just eat the noodles.

School: none. Thank goodness.

Writing: Beta reading and a Beta sheet for a friend, quick read through of her novel this week again before I give my final impressions. 1000 words on my novel. Review a synopsis for a friend. Send out a request. Critique work. Writers' meeting submission.

Art: Complete my orchid painting, sketch tomorrow's painting, work on a dahlia and a water lily painting. 

Yeah, I am not liking the board change either.  Feels less friendly somehow.  But way better than no board at all.  🙂 

quick note to self: assign remedial vocab work to elder "for homework".  This will save some time for me and, good Lord willing, incentivize the child. 

More later, I hope. 

• Like 1

I didn't realize we had dental appointments today. They had contacted Dh with the reminder. With 6 people, it takes all morning. I think the younger 3 got school done anyhow (or will finish easily tomorrow), but the older two had to work in the afternoon. They'll finish over the weekend unless things are disrupted by my niece's test results- in which case I won't care an iota about what school got done.

• Like 2

Morning. Okay. I feel better. I should do things.

Goals:

House: chores, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen. Not deep cleaning. Just surface stuff and sweeping.

School: none

Cooking: I think I'm doing something with chicken today.

Writing: Beta reading (got one to finish today), I'm caught up on critiques, put important writing dates in the calendar, 1000 words. 

Art: two more sketches, finish one watercolor and start another.

• Like 1

Afternoon. I've been doing things, but still need to do more.

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, sweeping

Cooking: chicken strips. Lots of chicken this week.

School: art today

Writing: 1000 words in manuscript, finish Beta sheet and comments and send back tomorrow, queries

Art: painting, sketching

• Like 1

Afternoon!  Oh my.

Glad you are feeling better, Critterfixer. 

Done: 1 language per child, science reading with younger + some with elder, some music, some math for everybody.  And elder got out for a bike ride with DH this morning: happiness. 

School docket: finish math; other language for each child; English for everybody; fitness; piano for younger, fine arts for all, micro-French.

Home docket: clean.  Clean some more.  Clean some more-more.  Dinner is frozen pizza (reheated!) and fresh veggies: desperation dinner.  Water plants. 

Also fitness for me, and some sort of extra credit if I hit memory work with boys. 

ETA: forgot the Planning Docket.  Draft elder's chemistry, general planning: do some. 

• Like 1

I didn't get all subjects for all kids done this week, but we did okay all things considered. We finished everything, I think, except group subjects with the boys: two days worth of discussions, one writing block, an English lesson, and a logic lesson. 

But we had dental appointments that took all morning one day, Wednesday I wasn't in the mood for discussions (waiting for a call about my niece), and Thursday I was. so. A reaction to the stress I think.

My niece should be okay. The doctor thinks it is not malignant and that it can be resected safely. I'm still emotional, but we do anticipate a good outcome at this point.

• Like 2

Morning!  MIL fainted this morning, a couple of times, and thank goodness is okay now.  This weekend ...

1. Actively and dramatically re-orienting to help my MIL in this new phase of her life.  It is a good deal for DH & I to navigate together ... I'm hoping we can find a right path forward, and maintain joy & light-heartedness in the boys; give DH space and room for renewal and something delightful; I need to eat well and get exercise.  And have a plan for going forward.  Meals, cleaning, art & joy, nutritious food.
  2. Develop some sort of quick-and-dirty do-the-next-thing/open-and-go schedule for school for the boys, including our CM "extras", piano and art. 
  3. Sketch a food plan for a week or so. 
  4. Pray.  Well that first.  But last too. 
  • Like 1