Menu

You Tube TV

kfeusse

We are dropping Netflix and so we are looking for other streaming options.  We do have Hulu too, but if we drop it too and just have You Tube TV, can we watch about the same sort of stuff...TV shows, movies, documentaries etc on You Tube...or not?  Or is there another option we can consider?  Thanks. 

We've had YouTubeTV for over two years. It's pretty much like any other "cable" TV provider as far as channel availability. I don't know anything about Hulu, but I suspect they're very similar. DH chose YouTubeTV over other options because they have (or had at the time) much better sports coverage. I don't watch movies or much TV at all besides news, so sorry I can't be of more help.

We much preferred Hulu's live TV interface over YouTube. I can't remember but there was something really clunky about YouTube (but this was also back when it first came out so they might have improved it). Dh regularly rotates us through different providers depending on who is handing out the best deals. We're back on cable for the moment but I'm sure we'll switch at some point. I don't even blink anymore when our remote changes.

7 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

We've had YouTubeTV for over two years. It's pretty much like any other "cable" TV provider as far as channel availability. I don't know anything about Hulu, but I suspect they're very similar. DH chose YouTubeTV over other options because they have (or had at the time) much better sports coverage. I don't watch movies or much TV at all besides news, so sorry I can't be of more help.

We would be interested in something with more sports coverage for dh. Do you remember the fee for YouTube TV? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix but neither provide any sports coverage that we know of.

8 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

We would be interested in something with more sports coverage for dh. Do you remember the fee for YouTube TV? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix but neither provide any sports coverage that we know of.

It just went up to $69 a month. That's tax and all.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

We just cut the cord this month, and had to decide between YouTube and Hulu.  It came down to a very few shows/streams, and I can't say that one would be better for you than the other because our tastes are not necessarily very mainstream.  We ended up going with YouTube, and getting an antenna to pick up the local broadcasts, which, given how much we have watched the local broadcasting stations in the past 10 years, is probably a complete waste of money.  :0)  

The YouTube interface is causing intermittent expletives from my dh, but not from me because it's not like I ever get the remote anyway.  I'm just along for the ride--and F1 racing.  :0)

I think whether or not YouTube includes local channels, and how many of them, varies depending on your area. We get all of our local channels now, but when we first signed up we only got two out of three. They added our third local channel a few months after we signed up.

I agree that the interface is clunky.