Menu

Common App and School Report with Transcripts?

Nicholas_mom

Question - Here is the blurb on the counselor recommender site:

"By checking this box, I certify that I will upload a PDF of each student's transcript for transmission with the School Report. (Parchment users should also check this box.) I understand that Common App member institutions do not want to receive the School Report transmitted online if the transcript will be mailed. I also understand that if I fail to send the transcript online with the School Report this may cause confusion and processing delays, resulting in an late application decision for the applicant."

What is a "School Report?"  is that the same as a School Profile???

The school report is just the section of the common app that you are on that covers info about the school. It is not a separate thing that you have to write up yourself like the transcript and school profile. You are verifying that you understand that you have to upload a transcript for the student as well, that you aren't just going to send info about the school and call it good.

• Like 2

It's not the same as the profile. The profile is about the school (how many students, what demographics, what average scores, etc. - for a homeschooler, you can include a brief summary of this, but more often the focus will be that it's a homeschool program and the basic philosophy and methodology for that program). The report is about the kid - class rank, GPA, any disciplinary issues, percentage of courses that are honors and how demanding the student's overall coursework was, especially compared to the school as a whole. Obviously, a homeschool student won't have class rank or a comparison, but you can contextualize what was available (as in, you did or didn't offer dual enrollment, for example).

• Like 1