Menu

Please recommend an app

I talk to the trees

We are trading off with my parents every couple of weeks, visiting outside on their porch for an hour or two, then having them visit us on our porch. Because my mom is so high Covid risk (70+, diabetic, heart disease) we are still not doing anything indoors. But just sitting on the porch chatting every other weekend is, well, getting dull for everyone involved. And it is going to start getting cooler soon, which will make visiting outdoors less comfortable.

Can anyone recommend an app for a game that would 1) be interesting to that age group, and 2) can be played online while we FaceTime? and 3) doesn’t require massive in-app purchases to be enjoyable? I already challenge them to do the daily Set puzzle online. Anything involving trivia or word games would be good. Thanks in advance!

eta: Sorry, I should have mentioned that they do have an iPad, so we are looking at apps for Apple devices.

Edited by I talk to the trees

1 hour ago, square_25 said:

We did Monopoly with the grandparents 🙂 . At least, assuming kids are involved? I couldn't quite tell from the post. 

Oops, sorry again. Forgot to say that it is just dd19 and me here, and my mom and dad there. We were trying to figure out some board games that we could play, but the logistics of having two boards and having to move pieces for players that aren’t there just seemed too complicated.i

4 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

Oops, sorry again. Forgot to say that it is just dd19 and me here, and my mom and dad there. We were trying to figure out some board games that we could play, but the logistics of having two boards and having to move pieces for players that aren’t there just seemed too complicated.i

Tell the 19-yr-old to figure out the deal with virtual board games online. My kids play all kinds of traditional board games, but that's as much as I know, lol. 

• Like 1