Menu

Please help - I don't have time to scan the Big Thread

Eos

I've been reading and lurking here as much as time permits but don't have much time to research or even look at the internet these days.  My DD in Switzerland is beginning in-person classes again next week.  We've sent her pretty cloth masks, some simple medical ones and a couple of N95s.  I think I remember somewhere in the big Covid thread a bit of data that said three layers of cloth/paper/cloth as a mask were as effective (or close to) an N95.  If anyone remembers that or has more info about this, I would be grateful for it and will send it to my DD. Thank you in advance.

Yes, three layers are best. The brand Happy Mask (apparently there are some imposters, so you have to be sure it's the right Happy Mask) are about equal to a N95. You can use Blue Shop Towels as a filter. 

Edited by Quill
  • Like 3

This is the Happy Mask that I have recommended on here that has gotten popular. https://www.happymasks.com/collections

It is so comfortable and lightweight to wear and sits away from your mouth. I really dislike when I pull out regular cloth mask to use. I will do that when I have to run a quick errand since you can only wash it 50 times.

Edited by calbear
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, calbear said:

This is the Happy Mask that I have recommended on here that has gotten popular. https://www.happymasks.com/collections

It is so comfortable and lightweight to wear and sits away from your mouth. I really dislike when I pull out regular cloth mask to use. I will do that when I have to run a quick errand since you can only wash it 50 times.

Calbear, does the Happy Mask have something curved inside the front that holds it away from the mouth?  Or is it the filter that gives it the curved shape?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, klmama said:

Calbear, does the Happy Mask have something curved inside the front that holds it away from the mouth?  Or is it the filter that gives it the curved shape?  

not Calbear, but the Happy Mask is just... sort of sewn into that shape. It doesn't have an insertable filter nor does it have a rigid support within it to give it that shape. There is an adjustable nose wire. 

• Like 1