Menu

A new LIPS alternative for those not wanting FIS

PeterPan

https://www.tools4reading.com/  They're having a labor day sale $50 for the basic kit. Here's the direct link for the sale https://www.tools4reading.com/product-page/50-kid-lips-combo-labor-day-sale  I would suggest *laminating* the face cards and applying magnets on the back if you want to move them around. 

The people seem to be making explicit some of the things that more experienced LIPS users (with OG training) would already know to do, like teaching multiple orthographic representations for the same sound together. Very nice. It's how I taught my ds, teaching him the formation, the sound, and all the orthographic representations (c, k, ck, etc.) together, upfront. An inexperienced user, someone who had not been through an OG type program, would not know to do this with LIPS. 

I still like the LIPS program better visually, for the less distracting backgrounds and consistent formation. However this new program is acceptable, charming, and brings some good things to the table at a great pricepoint. There's no reason why it would not be an acceptable LIPS replacement for someone preparing to go into Barton 1. It is most likely not *scripted* like FIS, because it is still aimed at the therapy/intervention community, not parents wanting complete scripting. If you want full scripting, FIS is still your product. However if you need a product that uses actual lip faces and correct technical terminology, this new T4R is probably going to be your product of choice. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, josephmartin said:

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. Thanks for sharing this information about the new LIPS alternative. It's always good to know about new resources that can help us teach and learn better.

If you end up using it, post with how it goes. :)