Menu

What are you drinking lately?

mommyoffive

Watching Ktgrok's amazing looking coffee in her vlog, motivated to get more into taking different drinks.   

What are you drinking?  What are your kids drinking?

All the talk about soda stream makes me think maybe my kids might like it.  Can you make other things besides pop?  Can you make flavored sugar free water?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Probably about 50% of my fluid intake is ice water (and I am an ice chewer). 

In the morning I usually have one hot tea, chocolate toffee, with a spoonful of sugar in it.  

Mixed in with my water is a random assortment of ice teas...some green, some herbal, occasionally a flavored black tea.  

Never heard of a chocolate toffee,  but that sounds great.

• Like 1

My colon has been removed so I drink a few hundred ounces of water all day with a few slurps of Gatorade for the electrolytes. I looooove coffee though, miss it so much. We have an espresso machine and when my Crohn's is under control I can sometimes have a latte. 

• Like 3

Mostly water.  I usually coffee in the morning and iced coffee with vanilla almond milk in the afternoon or iced tea in the afternoon.  I usually start the tea when I get my coffee and let it steep a few hours and just pour over ice.  We also like bubbly (strawberry, BlackBerry or peach) and lacroix (orange)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Watching Ktgrok's amazing looking coffee in her vlog, motivated to get more into taking different drinks.   

All the talk about soda stream makes me think maybe my kids might like it.  Can you make other things besides pop?  Can you make flavored sugar free water?

With the soda stream you carbonate plain water.  After you carbonate it, you can add any type of flavoring--a commercial syrup, a homemade syrup (we like elderflower syrup), or something like lemon, lime, or mint.  

• Like 2

Everyday I drink: black coffee in the morning, lots of water all day, black tea with oat milk in the afternoon.

When I want something flavorful I drink Spindrift (bubbly water flavored with juice).  I used to have Crystal Light but I'm avoiding artificial sweeteners.

Sometimes beer, wine, whiskey or tequila.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MEmama said:

Right now? Im drinking a Guinness. 😬

Hard cider.  Cheers!  😀🍺

i drink coffee with a splash of milk in the morning.  After walking when it’s really warm and I’m sweaty I might put a few ounces of orange juice in a glass filled with ice and top with water.  But mostly I drink water!  I use an insulated stainless bottle I carry around all the time.  

eta if I need something right before bed my drink of choice is tazo calm tea.  💕

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coffee in the am, with heavy cream.  3 coffees and I’m good to go. Technically, I’m drinking an Americano in the mornings, I think, as our machine is an espresso maker.  

On days I’m up for a few more carbs, I make it three cappuccinos.  Yum.

Lots and lots of ice water, all day.

Occasional bubbly water.  Very tempted by a soda stream.

After dinner - one espresso with DH.  Outside.

Often we will have a glass of wine afterwards, but lately we’ve been too tired to enjoy it.  I’m a Zinfandel fan.  

Sometimes I’ll have a hard cider, if DH is going to have a beer.  

• Like 1

Cold water no ice, mostly this

Hot Mint tea

Cold Mint tea

The tears of my enemies

Cold coffee with milk, with or without sweetened condensed milk but usually not. Decaf, if it matters.

Chocolate milk

Used to have Root beer once a month. But I don't like the new Virgils and can't find a good replacement.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sarah0000 said:

My colon has been removed so I drink a few hundred ounces of water all day with a few slurps of Gatorade for the electrolytes. I looooove coffee though, miss it so much. We have an espresso machine and when my Crohn's is under control I can sometimes have a latte. 

Wow, that's a lot of water!  I'm glad you can enjoy a latte now and then.

49 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Hard cider.  Cheers!  😀🍺

i drink coffee with a splash of milk in the morning.  After walking when it’s really warm and I’m sweaty I might put a few ounces of orange juice in a glass filled with ice and top with water.  But mostly I drink water!  I use an insulated stainless bottle I carry around all the time.  

eta if I need something right before bed my drink of choice is tazo calm tea.  💕

Guinness layered with hard cider is delicious!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

Cold water no ice, mostly this

Hot Mint tea

Cold Mint tea

The tears of my enemies

Cold coffee with milk, with or without sweetened condensed milk but usually not. Decaf, if it matters.

Chocolate milk

Used to have Root beer once a month. But I don't like the new Virgils and can't find a good replacement.

Two years ago I asked my kids what they wanted for lunch.  Oldest said, "Snuggles."  Youngest said, "The blood of my enemies."  And that pretty much sums up their personalities.  

• Haha 9

Mainly water, but I tried a slurpee at 7-11 made with vitamin water and it was so yummy that I may need to go back for another one!  it's been like 115* here for-e-ver and I wanted a little cold treat. I had to go inside the gas station and the slurpee machine caught my eye...

I'm sure it was not in any way healthy, but it was so cold and yummy!  25 years ago when I was pregnant with our first baby I had a daily slurpee craving.  I can't remember the last time I bought one, until this week!  It was amazing. 🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WendyLady said:

Mainly water, but I tried a slurpee at 7-11 made with vitamin water and it was so yummy that I may need to go back for another one!  it's been like 115* here for-e-ver and I wanted a little cold treat. I had to go inside the gas station and the slurpee machine caught my eye...

I'm sure it was not in any way healthy, but it was so cold and yummy!  25 years ago when I was pregnant with our first baby I had a daily slurpee craving.  I can't remember the last time I bought one, until this week!  It was amazing. 🤣

Had no idea they have slurpees with vitamin water.  

• Like 1

water mostly;

chai tea some mornings;

herbal teas(green, hibiscus, mint, chamomille)  when I feel like it

sparkling water (no more than once a day)

kombucha once a week or less

homemade sports drink after a lot of activity if feel depleted and a lot of sweat (exercise or work around the house)- water, lemon juice, coconut water, salt, touch of maple syrup

On 9/5/2020 at 5:31 PM, happysmileylady said:

Probably about 50% of my fluid intake is ice water (and I am an ice chewer). 

Have you been checked for anemia? Ice craving is a known symptom of low iron and anemia! You can judge my iron levels by how much I crave ice - and I guess that is a super common thing. 

22 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

My latest kick is the blueberry coffee from New England Coffee. It makes the kitchen smell like a donut shop.

Oh, I haven't had that on in forever! I can never QUITE decide if I really like it, but I LOVE the smell of it, lol. It's...different. I may pick some up!

20 hours ago, happi duck said:

Guinness layered with hard cider is delicious!

Yes! What do they call that - isn't there a name for it? Is that a snakebite maybe?

Well, you saw some of my coffee, lol. 

I have a dark roast coffee with half and half and either splenda or skinny syrup in it in the morning. Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. That's breakfast usually, lol. 

Then later in the day I usually have an iced americano, with half and half or if I'm feeling fancy, cold foam. Again, splenda or a flavored skinny syrup. Usually pumpkin spice skinny syrup these days. 

If it is cool enough to not be already sweaty, I'll sometimes swap out that iced drink for a cup of hot coffee - this time of year it is the pumpkin spice flavored one from Green Mountain. (NOT the dunkin donuts one!)

Sometimes a cup of chai or decaf coffee in the evening. 

In between is seltzer, or water with Crystal Light lemonade in it, or diet gingerale or Fresca. Love Fresca but it is one of the pandemic casualties for unknown reasons. I can sometimes get two liter bottles but none in cans. Weird. 

2 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Well, you saw some of my coffee, lol. 

I have a dark roast coffee with half and half and either splenda or skinny syrup in it in the morning. Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. That's breakfast usually, lol. 

Then later in the day I usually have an iced americano, with half and half or if I'm feeling fancy, cold foam. Again, splenda or a flavored skinny syrup. Usually pumpkin spice skinny syrup these days. 

If it is cool enough to not be already sweaty, I'll sometimes swap out that iced drink for a cup of hot coffee - this time of year it is the pumpkin spice flavored one from Green Mountain. (NOT the dunkin donuts one!)

Sometimes a cup of chai or decaf coffee in the evening. 

In between is seltzer, or water with Crystal Light lemonade in it, or diet gingerale or Fresca. Love Fresca but it is one of the pandemic casualties for unknown reasons. I can sometimes get two liter bottles but none in cans. Weird. 

I know I am adding whipped creame to the shopping list.  😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Love Fresca but it is one of the pandemic casualties for unknown reasons. I can sometimes get two liter bottles but none in cans. Weird. 

I've been looking everywhere for Fresca for a friend.  It's been driving me batty that I couldn't find it.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  

So, my meds inhibit the metabolism of caffeine in my body. It lasts...and lasts....and lasts. My brilliant DH made me a spreadsheet a while ago to help me predict the effect of X oz. of coffee in my body, using the known half-life of caffeine for someone taking my meds. He recently had the idea of having me mix decaf and regular coffee in a specific mix so that I can have 6 oz. of a coffee beverage every day and still sleep at night. GLORIOUS.

I bought some strawberry lemonade for a get-together and am drinking the leftovers with a little Sprite. Bubbly water would be better and fewer calories if I had it. Quick bridal shower punch, yum. 🙂 

Gatorade Zero Glacier Cherry. No dyes and no calories!

Right now vodka mixed with some of that strawberry lemonade. 🍷

Edited by MercyA

8 hours ago, Terabith said:

I've been looking everywhere for Fresca for a friend.  It's been driving me batty that I couldn't find it.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  

I've seen it in 2 liters at Target, and Shipt claimed Publix had 12 packs - but was charging $9 a 12 pack, so I didn't order it - not sure if they really had it. At that price it doesn't matter, lol!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 3:32 PM, mommyoffive said:

Kirkland's Ginger Lemon kombucha and so help them when they inevitably stop carrying it.  I was introduced to Moscow mules a while back but I can't walk without stumbling on a good day and any amount of liquor makes it worse, lol.  This stuff on ice plus lime is awesome!

I'm drinking less coffee all the time and taking in more matcha.  However, I think I'm going to try Biopure's Cistus tea....  bet it tastes awful.

Strong pour over coffee (we buy the San Francisco Bay Blend beans from Costco, yum) with what ever milk I have around and sugar, 2-3 cups in the morning and none the rest of the day

Sierra tap water.  OMGosh so good.  I am totally spoiled.

And to a much lesser extent,

Herbal teas—Good Earth cinnamon or spearmint, various wellness brands with licorice root, dandelion root, and/or antioxidants

Moscato because sometimes you just want a little sweetish white wine

Rombauer Zinfandel because aside from really high end wines this is the reliable best wine around.  Does not have to be aged, tastes the same from one year to the next, so good that it instantly converts even white wine drinkers to fans.

Reed’s extra strong ginger beer mixed about half and half with grape juice over ice.  This is festive and great.  The grape juice mitigates the strength and bubbles of the soda, and the sodas mitigates the cloying sweetness of the juice.  As I gradually use up the bottle of ginger beer, I increase the proportion of it because it goes a little flat.  Very refreshing.

I've never liked coffee so never drink it.

I start the day with two cups of tea - one black tea bag and one green tea bag in a pot, 1 cup with bone broth, both with honey. 

Then I switch to water with emergen-C in it, continuously refilling that cup with ice water as it gets low so it's gradually more and more dilute until it's basically water.   I may have a cold brewed peach iced tea some days if I feel the need for more caffeine.  

That's about it.   In cold weather I may have another cup of some kind of decaf tea in the evening, like Chai or chamomile.   If we go out to eat (which never happens right now) I might have a root beer or iced tea.    

Alcohol I basically only drink beer - Stella Artois, Molson Ice, or Heineken usually.  Probably one or two bottles a month at most.