Menu

Problems with accessing WTM on mobile

Tree Frog

Approximately every 2 or 3 weeks, it appears I'm logged out on my phone. I've been able to get to the site by clicking on "My Account" on confirm I'm logged in, and accessing the site after I've clicked on "My Account." However, today I'm not able to access the site on mobile at all and I don't see that I'm logged in. When I try to sign in, it tells me "Unknown email address. Check again or try your username." I tried clearing the cache and logging in with only my username as well to no avail. I'm able to use my desktop to get on the site, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end. Help!

1 minute ago, wilrunner2 said:

Was there an update on the forums? I now have black instead of all dark blue when I'm using the default theme and I have a header that I didn't used to have.

Screenshot_20200915-084337.png

It also looks different for me. I thought it was my laptop--I'm running Chrome and did an update last night--but it looks different on my phone (Safari) also.

16 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

It also looks different for me. I thought it was my laptop--I'm running Chrome and did an update last night--but it looks different on my phone (Safari) also.

I just logged in to my desktop and it's different than it used to be, but it's pretty much the same as my mobile. I'm thinking it's likely an update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, Lady Florida. said:

I came here to check. It does look different, both on the desktop website  and on my phone. I would have thought there'd be something in the announcements, but no.

We ourselves are not told when there will be an upgrade to the forums.  Our provider serves a zillion customers (rough estimate) and I'm not sure they roll the updates out all on the same day...but it was a surprise to us, as well.  We just roll with it, like everyone else.  🙂

53 minutes ago, Helpdesk said:

We ourselves are not told when there will be an upgrade to the forums.  Our provider serves a zillion customers (rough estimate) and I'm not sure they roll the updates out all on the same day...but it was a surprise to us, as well.  We just roll with it, like everyone else.  🙂

That's interesting. And new. In the past they always announced when there would be an update to let us know the forums would be unavailable. I think this is the first surprise update I've seen in the nearly 20 years I've been here. I guess as technology and software improves the update happening doesn't affect members so we don't need to know in advance that it will happen. I guess it just happens in the background now, like most other updates.

20 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

That's interesting. And new. In the past they always announced when there would be an update to let us know the forums would be unavailable. I think this is the first surprise update I've seen in the nearly 20 years I've been here. I guess as technology and software improves the update happening doesn't affect members so we don't need to know in advance that it will happen. I guess it just happens in the background now, like most other updates.

As my mom used to say, "One thing you can count on for sure--change."