Menu

Well-Trained Bodies- September

Soror

Got to most of my goals this week. Eating healthy is still something I need to work on... 

Felt great after a 3 mile run - outside! I don't run fast or long, but after years of not being able to run, so glad I can do a bit. It is empowering! Did my strength training for lower body today and got in a 40 minute walk even while it rained a bit. Did not sleep well last night so very tired now.. 
Happy Saturday everyone!!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

29 weeks today!  Not sure if this pregnancy is the longest or shortest ever.  Feels like both, haha.

How exciting!  One of my friends has just become a grandmother for the first time.  Her talk of cuddles with little Olivia Rose (her daughter and SIL are living with her temporarily) aren't quite making me broody, but they do sound nice.

-------------------------

Working today but trying to relax into it.  I've already taken half an hour out to discuss paint colours with Husband.   I plan some strong yoga at lunchtime and a good walk when the sun comes out later.  I was down to 57.1 kilos yesterday, which is close to my goal.  My tummy isn't sticking out as much as it did before.  I don't think that my top fat layer has changed much in that area - and my core is pretty strong (lots of yoga boats) - so I assume I've lost some internal fat, which would be good.

Breakfast - squash poached in good chicken stock, poached egg; lunch - kidney beans and kohlrabi salad with chicken; supper - lamb chops with veg of some kind.  Nuts, raw veg, low fat cheese.  Tea.  Water.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

29 weeks today!  Not sure if this pregnancy is the longest or shortest ever.  Feels like both, haha.

LOL, yep, I was thinking you were 32 weeks but it is super quick when you aren't the one going through it.

4 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

How exciting!  One of my friends has just become a grandmother for the first time.  Her talk of cuddles with little Olivia Rose (her daughter and SIL are living with her temporarily) aren't quite making me broody, but they do sound nice.

-------------------------

Working today but trying to relax into it.  I've already taken half an hour out to discuss paint colours with Husband.   I plan some strong yoga at lunchtime and a good walk when the sun comes out later.  I was down to 57.1 kilos yesterday, which is close to my goal.  My tummy isn't sticking out as much as it did before.  I don't think that my top fat layer has changed much in that area - and my core is pretty strong (lots of yoga boats) - so I assume I've lost some internal fat, which would be good.

Breakfast - squash poached in good chicken stock, poached egg; lunch - kidney beans and kohlrabi salad with chicken; supper - lamb chops with veg of some kind.  Nuts, raw veg, low fat cheese.  Tea.  Water.

I know you have been working hard, congrats on the muscle and the weight loss.

13 hours ago, lmrich said:

Got to most of my goals this week. Eating healthy is still something I need to work on... 

Felt great after a 3 mile run - outside! I don't run fast or long, but after years of not being able to run, so glad I can do a bit. It is empowering! Did my strength training for lower body today and got in a 40 minute walk even while it rained a bit. Did not sleep well last night so very tired now.. 
Happy Saturday everyone!!

Awesome job! 

14 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

Played for more than 2 hours solid straight today. Tennis, volleyball and soccer. 

I don't know if this is true or just my feeling, but I feel my arms and legs have become bulkier as in more muscular. When I swam I never had bulky arms and legs, now I feel since we do more "land exercise" and more play, these are bulking up.

@Laura Corin That is one gorgeous "taste the rainbow" kind of basket more than skittles if you ask me. 

That is a lot of playing! I bet you are building more muscle.

20 hours ago, PinkTulip said:

Checking in after a very strange week. On Monday night through Wednesday morning, we had hurricane-force winds come through, blowing down tons of trees and knocked out the power at my house. So now I am on day 5 of no power. My exercise has been raking up twigs, hauling branches, and just general neighborhood clean up. But I think with all of the take out I’ve eaten, I’m sure to have gained some weight. Fingers crossed the power will come back on today! 

Fingers crossed with you, did you get power back? Yard work can be exhausting, throwing that in with no power, ugh!

18 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

I think I started posting on this thread in May (?), struggled with carpal tunnel, had a tumultuous June with rioting on my block, was on and off in July, and barely around in August.

However, in May I started tracking my weight on a more-than-once-a-week basis. Before that, I was weighing in about every other week and had noticed that I was gaining about one pound per month, putting me 10 lbs over my WW low of 150.

Since May, I've been losing one pound per month. So, even though I haven't been as consistent as I had hoped and my weight isn't falling off the way it did when I first joined WW at 180 lbs and lost 1-2 lbs per week a few years back, things are going in the right direction. The mindfulness is working. đŸ™‚

I think some things that I am doing consistently that are working for me:

1. Hiking on the weekends as a family. This is a non-food focused fun time as well as exercise!
  2. Eating a ton more beans. I'm appalled at the virus rates in meat packing plants and don't want to contribute. I've really upped our bean intake as a family.
  3. Weighing more frequently.
  4. Drinking more water.
  5. Grocery shopping less. I tend to buy some snacks or junk food and then we finish it pretty quickly. With fewer shopping trips, I buy fewer splurges. Also, I'm tracking our budget carefully and having a hard time staying within it and that motivates me to stick to more whole foods and fewer expensive splurge foods.
  6. Focusing on international foods. This means I'm excited about trying new recipes for dinner instead of looking forward to dessert. For a while my cooking experiments were centered around baking. Now they are centered around things like chickpea masala. (I love the Indian Instant Pot book!)

I've been exercising all week. Here's crossing my fingers that I don't hurt myself again. đŸ™‚

Emily

Congrats on your weight loss and the good habits you have made. Wonderful habits!

• Like 2

Taking girls to a big park today. We will have lots of walking.

Weekly review:

did all prep workouts 1- cardio- 1 yoga/stretch- 4 strength

2 bike rides and 2 walks

Food kept to goals, switched to more protein and fat and less carbs as I was finding it a lot more difficult to keep fat down and I can't have both higher carb and fat and lose.

Weight is a bit up and down but seems to be trending down. I think partly it is all the soreness I've had and partly I need a new battery for my scale it is always messing up.

workout goals are the same this week

b: steelcut oats, banana, pb, cocoa nibs: beet raspberry greek yogurt smoothie

l: out- TBD

s: chickpeas and miso kale chips

d: chicken, cauliflower, and sweet potato

• Like 3

It'll be a rest and recovery day today, which is convenient as it's raining. All that tennis, biking and walking yesterday wore me right out. Plus I've been fighting off seasonal allergies, and I spent all the outdoor time yesterday in the lovely sunshine. 

Food was particularly good these last couple days, as I stopped in at a local farm that sells fresh veggies. They taste so good! đŸ˜‰

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

Rest day today. Lots of foam rolling.Â đŸ˜€

We usually eat a lot of crab during the summer, but since grocery is delivery had not been doing that much. But DH ventured again yesterday, so we had crab today as well. Bought a few veggies found mostly in the Asian store.

@Laura Corin I am planning on having your breakfast for dinner today. Have a ever tried poaching eggs in stock ? I learned to poach eggs from Gordon Ramsey using the water and vinegar, I am not brave enough to try in chicken stock.  

No, I haven't.  It sounds good though.

• Like 1

Rest day today, but I did make it to 5 days last week!  Did an OT workout on Fri, and a NW/sprint plus OT workout on Sat.  I was planning to do some weeding to try to prep an area I'd like to make into a patio, but didn't get to that - but I did help dh take the bird netting off the blueberries! đŸ˜„Â 

However, my Fitbit has gone insane.  According to it, my HR has been all over the place including while sitting on the sofa and sleeping - like spiking higher than it ever registered when I was going all-out sprinting or rowing while lying down in bed.  So it's saying I'm burning something like 3000+ calories a day even when not exercising!Â đŸ™„Â  But then when I do exercise, it doesn't even register that high.  It also has not been able to give me any sleep data for days now, and on Friday, it seems to have lost a day.  It also shut itself of a couple of times even though it wasn't out of battery.  I've restarted it a few times now and it's not helping.  (And I have felt no racing heartbeats, and also my OT beat hr monitor and the PulseOx I have don't tell me that my hr is crazy.  So I think it's the Fitbit.  Or I'm dying, lol).

Anyone else ever have this happen?  Do I have to get a new Fitbit?  I'm thinking so, since resetting it is doing nothing and it's been days.  It had a nutty period once before, but it was just a day and resetting it fixed it.  This one's an Alta HR, which is a fairly old model.  Anyone have one of the newer ones they're recommend over others?

Here, look at my Fitbit HR chart for this week (for some reason it still thinks I have a low resting heart rate.  Have no idea how it's computing this).  T/W were normal with spikes for exercise and other activity, then Thursday it shut down for a number of hours, and since then it's been wacko.  Friday's data is completely AWOL (?).  Also shut itself off randomly on part of overnight once, apparently.  It looked like it was improving after I reset it again last evening, but then at 7:45 this morning (I was asleep) it spiked and it's been crazy all day again. Today it claims I've spent 5 hrs in exercise zones and 18 min at peak (more than I usually get on FB when I exercise hard), and I've pretty much been sitting at the computer all day...:

Screenshot_2020-09-13-20-15-07.png

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 3

Howdie, I'm still doing my daily walking ... averaging about 3.3 hilly miles per day.

I was being good about yoga for a short while, but then my schedule got hairy and I let it go.

But today, someone told me (unsolicited) that she can see I've lost weight, so that was motivating!  I still have a way to go, but it's good to see progress, so hopefully I will get back to doing yoga and stuff. 

I haven't been back to TKD since my black belt test.  My kids' sports / band schedule has been too crazy, and also, they have been canceling Saturday classes for various reasons.  I hope we get back soon.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SKL said:

Howdie, I'm still doing my daily walking ... averaging about 3.3 hilly miles per day.

I was being good about yoga for a short while, but then my schedule got hairy and I let it go.

But today, someone told me (unsolicited) that she can see I've lost weight, so that was motivating!  I still have a way to go, but it's good to see progress, so hopefully I will get back to doing yoga and stuff. 

I haven't been back to TKD since my black belt test.  My kids' sports / band schedule has been too crazy, and also, they have been canceling Saturday classes for various reasons.  I hope we get back soon.

awesome job on the walking and the weight loss, keep swimming!

10 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Rest day today, but I did make it to 5 days last week!  Did an OT workout on Fri, and a NW/sprint plus OT workout on Sat.  I was planning to do some weeding to try to prep an area I'd like to make into a patio, but didn't get to that - but I did help dh take the bird netting off the blueberries! đŸ˜„Â 

However, my Fitbit has gone insane.  According to it, my HR has been all over the place including while sitting on the sofa and sleeping - like spiking higher than it ever registered when I was going all-out sprinting or rowing while lying down in bed.  So it's saying I'm burning something like 3000+ calories a day even when not exercising!Â đŸ™„Â  But then when I do exercise, it doesn't even register that high.  It also has not been able to give me any sleep data for days now, and on Friday, it seems to have lost a day.  It also shut itself of a couple of times even though it wasn't out of battery.  I've restarted it a few times now and it's not helping.  (And I have felt no racing heartbeats, and also my OT beat hr monitor and the PulseOx I have don't tell me that my hr is crazy.  So I think it's the Fitbit.  Or I'm dying, lol).

Anyone else ever have this happen?  Do I have to get a new Fitbit?  I'm thinking so, since resetting it is doing nothing and it's been days.  It had a nutty period once before, but it was just a day and resetting it fixed it.  This one's an Alta HR, which is a fairly old model.  Anyone have one of the newer ones they're recommend over others?

Here, look at my Fitbit HR chart for this week (for some reason it still thinks I have a low resting heart rate.  Have no idea how it's computing this).  T/W were normal with spikes for exercise and other activity, then Thursday it shut down for a number of hours, and since then it's been wacko.  Friday's data is completely AWOL (?).  Also shut itself off randomly on part of overnight once, apparently.  It looked like it was improving after I reset it again last evening, but then at 7:45 this morning (I was asleep) it spiked and it's been crazy all day again. Today it claims I've spent 5 hrs in exercise zones and 18 min at peak (more than I usually get on FB when I exercise hard), and I've pretty much been sitting at the computer all day...:

Screenshot_2020-09-13-20-15-07.png

I think they changed how they chart minutes as it seems I'm getting more counted as active but my chart isn't going up that high. I'd want to cross check that to make sure nothing is going on with you. Have you changed anything, medication- Otc even?

This week's big challenge is figuring out my schedule/routine. I managed to get up early enough to have about 10 minutes here with my mocha before I start my work day. This weekend was a bit out of control food wise. Dinners were great--very healthy with veggies. But too much pumpkin bread (the sweet treat of the week), too much artisan bread with the soup last night, too much snacking. Doesn't help that we're all cooped up indoors because of the hazardous air quality. I've got today's food entered into My Fitness Pal and I'm ready to get back on track--TGIM. Did my strength+cardio dumbbell video.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

So update on poaching egg in broth. I googled until I found this recipe

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-gingery-poached-egg-soup-243322

I added thinly sliced onions to cook with in the beginning, then as veggies shredded carrots, zucchini, salad leaves, arugula, shredded cabbage. I garnished with herbs and spring onions. Light broth with a delicate taste, not heavy at all. Breaking the yolk into the broth added a gorgeous taste that even pleased the kids. Went down very well. So if anyone wants to try, recommended,

This sounds so yummy! I"m definitely going to try it out. 

• Like 1

Day 36 of 80 day obsession: leg day.  I didn't get any formal workouts in this weekend, just a lot of house cleaning and some gardening.  Today I felt a little off, kind of tired and foggy, but once I worked out I felt perfectly fine, even though I'm sweaty and a little sore.Â đŸ˜‚Â Guess it's a good reminder not to skip too many days of workouts!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FarmingMomma said:

Day 36 of 80 day obsession: leg day.  I didn't get any formal workouts in this weekend, just a lot of house cleaning and some gardening.  Today I felt a little off, kind of tired and foggy, but once I worked out I felt perfectly fine, even though I'm sweaty and a little sore.Â đŸ˜‚Â Guess it's a good reminder not to skip too many days of workouts!

Absolutely.  I missed my walk yesterday and slept badly.  So I was at my desk at 5.45...

Anyway, I hope that I will be able to get off work at a reasonable hour today, after starting so early.  So I plan yoga at lunchtime and a walk after work.  And I plan to push the button to buy my new insulated wetsuit.

Did I mention?  Yoga with Adriene is putting up new conditioning sets on the members' website as add-ins to the actual yoga sequence.  I did the core one and was really pleased: I did everything that she did, but not always as fast.  I'm pretty careful these days, as small wrenches take longer to heal at 57.  Talking of which, I realised that it's only 2 1/2 years until I get a card for free local bus travel. 

Breakfast - frittata with mediterranean veg; lunch - maybe kohlrabi with shrimp; supper - fish from the van and maybe roast purple cauliflower, plus possibly mashed pumpkin?  That would certainly be colourful. Snacks - veg, low-fat cheese, apples from the garden, nuts.  Water.  Tea.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

So update on poaching egg in broth. I googled until I found this recipe

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-gingery-poached-egg-soup-243322

I added thinly sliced onions to cook with in the beginning, then as veggies shredded carrots, zucchini, salad leaves, arugula, shredded cabbage. I garnished with herbs and spring onions. Light broth with a delicate taste, not heavy at all. Breaking the yolk into the broth added a gorgeous taste that even pleased the kids. Went down very well. So if anyone wants to try, recommended,

Oh, that sounds really yummy!

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Absolutely.  I missed my walk yesterday and slept badly.  So I was at my desk at 5.45...

Anyway, I hope that I will be able to get off work at a reasonable hour today, after starting so early.  So I plan yoga at lunchtime and a walk after work.  And I plan to push the button to buy my new insulated wetsuit.

Did I mention?  Yoga with Adriene is putting up new conditioning sets on the members' website as add-ins to the actual yoga sequence.  I did the core one and was really pleased: I did everything that she did, but not always as fast.  I'm pretty careful these days, as small wrenches take longer to heal at 57.  Talking of which, I realised that it's only 2 1/2 years until I get a card for free local bus travel. 

Breakfast - frittata with mediterranean veg; lunch - maybe kohlrabi with shrimp; supper - fish from the van and maybe roast purple cauliflower, plus possibly mashed pumpkin?  That would certainly be colourful. Snacks - veg, low-fat cheese, apples from the garden, nuts.  Water.  Tea.

I keep meaning to make a frittata. It is good you are careful, injuries are certainly not worth it.

• Like 1

quick check-in:

yesterday I got in short yoga, strength work (upper body), and a walk. I upped my reps and weights on my workout.

Today strength- legs planned, last time I was sore for days, so hopefully I do better this time.

Woke up with a super stuffy nose this morning, not sure if it is from walking? I didn't go in the woods but the trees are dropping leaves.

b: steelcut oats, banana, cocoa, pb: beet raspberry smoothie

s: apple and cheese

l: minestrone

s: chickpea, miso kale

d: green chili enchiladas (I think!)

• Like 3

Is it just me, or is there an new look to the forum?

I slept really well after an active day yesterday. I've completed my stretch/strength exercises and plan to go for a long bike ride with ds 14, plus a couple dog walks. 

My motivation to make dinners is really inconsistent, but over the years I'm consistently inconsistent. đŸ˜‰Â  I love reading about all your interesting dishes, and I really want to try them all! I'll chip away at it bit by bit. Today I'm making candy squash casserole.

• Like 5

Well I thought I nailed the new routine yesterday, but when I got the oatmeal out of the fridge today I saw that I never had any yesterday--had my mocha but totally skipped breakfast! I remember I was going to have it after my mocha but I stayed on here too late and needed to rush off to "work" and just forgot.

Lunch is the killer. I have exactly 30 minutes and it takes me about that long to do disabled dd's midday care--lunch, water, transfer to bed, diaper change. I have plans for college kid to help me out with that and she's been a paid care provider for her sister before but lets just say the state paperwork and hoop jumping is a long lengthy process.

Did my bodyweight circuit x2 and the Sunrise Yoga with Adriene. Finishing my oatmeal. Got my food mostly entered into MFP. 5 more minutes here then off to work! Have a good day everyone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

I slept really well after an active day yesterday. I've completed my stretch/strength exercises and plan to go for a long bike ride with ds 14, plus a couple dog walks. 

My motivation to make dinners is really inconsistent, but over the years I'm consistently inconsistent. đŸ˜‰Â  I love reading about all your interesting dishes, and I really want to try them all! I'll chip away at it bit by bit. Today I'm making candy squash casserole.

Yes, the forum froze for a bit, then came back different.  Glad you had a good sleep.

I'm very lucky that Husband is a good cook.  When he was working extremely long hours and I was doing all the cooking, I definitely lacked the drive to do anything interesting.  Now that he cooks half the time I have more motivation.

He's making scallops, asparagus and mushrooms tonight.

I tracked down my wetsuit.  I'm just waiting for the shop to contact me, then I can order.  I think I've already earned the price in overtime pay, but we will see.

PS: Husband went for a bike ride for 40 minutes today!  He's really enjoying it, and finding it quick to build up to fitness.

@Ali in OR would it work for you to have a really nutritious smoothie for lunch, as you don't have time for anything else?  You could make it the night before.  I used to make one with silken tofu, spinach, blueberries and oat milk - it was really filling.  You couldn't taste the tofu, it just added protein and staying power.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Yes, the forum froze for a bit, then came back different.  Glad you had a good sleep.

I'm very lucky that Husband is a good cook.  When he was working extremely long hours and I was doing all the cooking, I definitely lacked the drive to do anything interesting.  Now that he cooks half the time I have more motivation.

He's making scallops, asparagus and mushrooms tonight.

I tracked down my wetsuit.  I'm just waiting for the shop to contact me, then I can order.  I think I've already earned the price in overtime pay, but we will see.

PS: Husband went for a bike ride for 40 minutes today!  He's really enjoying it, and finding it quick to build up to fitness.

@Ali in OR would it work for you to have a really nutritious smoothie for lunch, as you don't have time for anything else?  You could make it the night before.  I used to make one with silken tofu, spinach, blueberries and oat milk - it was really filling.  You couldn't taste the tofu, it just added protein and staying power.

My dh likes to use the grill, and he has a couple meals he enjoys preparing. You have an amazing partnership with your dh and meals! I'd like to get the dc involved more in meal prep, and this year could be good for that as they're all at home.

Glad your dh enjoyed his bike ride. Do you have good roads/pathways for bikes in your area to do it safely? We are lucky here with paths, just unlucky that we get so much snow. I'd be on my bike year-round if I could. 

I'm excited to hear about your wetsuit and cold-water swims!! I'm very happy to be a cheerleader!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FarmingMomma said:

Got my workout in this morning (Day 37/80: AAA).  Now I'm trying to muster up the ambition to start picking apples for applesauce, pie filling, etc.  If I don't get to them soon the bears will!

That's an issue we don't have with our ten apple trees.  But we'll be putting out a barrow load for the neighbours.  I will do a big pan of stewed apple this weekend, for breakfasts through the winter.  I was thinking of cinnamon and maple syrup (they are cooking apples, so not sweet).  Any other ideas?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreamergal said:

I'm not a big chutney fan, but the other two sound great!

• Like 1

I got a bonus couple hours of tennis in this evening. Somehow, this evening warmed up from being cooler in the afternoon. My bike ride with ds was really short as it was cold and windy. 

Dh and I are playing tennis again early tomorrow morning. I really hope my body does a quick recovery tonight! đŸ˜‰

• Like 4

12 hours ago, wintermom said:

To my amateur eye it looks like it may be more device-friendly.

6 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I'm not a big chutney fan, but the other two sound great!

Rats. I was going to share an apple-cherry tomato chutney recipe.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KathyBC said:

I've taken a break from PT exercises. Hip bursitis is quite improved - new mattress really, really helps.
Last child at home, 20yo ds, is off to trade school for 6 weeks, so I've got daily dog duty. My jog 1km/walk 1km is now 5 days a week. So far so good!

That's wonderful your bursitis is improved and you can be really active! Enjoy your dog walks and jogging. Do you combine the 2 and run with the dog? My standard poodle would LOVE to run 1km, but he'd be pulling me along like a crazy thing. He has no "slow jog" setting; it's either walk or sprint, and a lot of the time the walk feels like he could burst into a sprint at any time. đŸ˜‰

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, wintermom said:

I really enjoy cooking but most of the time stick to recipes we already know as I don't have the time or energy at the end of the day. My kids each have a night to cook (well ds has been off duty as he was working most nights I'll have to throw him back in with his schedule easing up). So, on those nights they are in charge meals tend to me simple things too, so mostly we do the basics. 

19 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Well I thought I nailed the new routine yesterday, but when I got the oatmeal out of the fridge today I saw that I never had any yesterday--had my mocha but totally skipped breakfast! I remember I was going to have it after my mocha but I stayed on here too late and needed to rush off to "work" and just forgot.

Lunch is the killer. I have exactly 30 minutes and it takes me about that long to do disabled dd's midday care--lunch, water, transfer to bed, diaper change. I have plans for college kid to help me out with that and she's been a paid care provider for her sister before but lets just say the state paperwork and hoop jumping is a long lengthy process.

Did my bodyweight circuit x2 and the Sunrise Yoga with Adriene. Finishing my oatmeal. Got my food mostly entered into MFP. 5 more minutes here then off to work! Have a good day everyone.

Poor girl, you must have been busy to miss breakfast and not even know. I think the smoothie ideas are good ones for a quick lunch.

8 hours ago, KathyBC said:

I've taken a break from PT exercises. Hip bursitis is quite improved - new mattress really, really helps.
Last child at home, 20yo ds, is off to trade school for 6 weeks, so I've got daily dog duty. My jog 1km/walk 1km is now 5 days a week. So far so good!

Ya, for healing injuries. Best wishes with the running.

• Like 4

I woke up at 4 after dd2 crawled in bed with a nightmare. I tried to go back to sleep but after being whacked in the face a few times I gave up. UGH! I was hoping for some good energy today, I was sleeping pretty good but 4 am is a bit early.

Yesterday I got in a good leg workout (I have some soreness but so far it isn't as bad as before we'll see how I far as the day goes).

I also worked outside and got in a short walk. And I got all the paperwork cleared off my desk!

Today is yoga/stretching and hopefully an easy bike ride.

food is rinse and repeat:

b: steelcut oats, banana, pb, cocoa nibs+ small smoothie

am: leftover enchildas

d: homemade pizza (cauliflower crust for me)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, soror said:

I woke up at 4 after dd2 crawled in bed with a nightmare. I tried to go back to sleep but after being whacked in the face a few times I gave up. UGH! I was hoping for some good energy today, I was sleeping pretty good but 4 am is a bit early.

Yesterday I got in a good leg workout (I have some soreness but so far it isn't as bad as before we'll see how I far as the day goes).

I also worked outside and got in a short walk. And I got all the paperwork cleared off my desk!

Today is yoga/stretching and hopefully an easy bike ride.

food is rinse and repeat:

b: steelcut oats, banana, pb, cocoa nibs+ small smoothie

am: leftover enchildas

d: homemade pizza (cauliflower crust for me)

Sorry your sleep was disturbed by getting whacked. It's one thing to help a dc, or go to the bathroom, but getting hit would definitely put a damper on getting back to sleep. 

Enjoy your yoga and bike ride today! Sounds like yesterday was a good exercise day.

Food question: does cauliflower crust have any flour in it? What holds the cauliflower together?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Sorry your sleep was disturbed by getting whacked. It's one thing to help a dc, or go to the bathroom, but getting hit would definitely put a damper on getting back to sleep. 

Enjoy your yoga and bike ride today! Sounds like yesterday was a good exercise day.

Food question: does cauliflower crust have any flour in it? What holds the cauliflower together?

There are different variations. Usually a binding is a mix of flour of some sort, egg, and cheese. These I actually found at the store. I am gluten free too so I've only made those varieties. They aren't like a regular crust but I like them just fine.

• Like 2

Did a good barefoot cardio workout, eating my oatmeal now. Yesterday's lunch went in stages--ate my apple during the class before lunch (just turned off my camera), ate a piece of leftover pizza while feeding my dd, ate a granola bar during one of the afternoon classes. I do like smoothies, but I don't think I have time to make one. Wednesdays are a different schedule--just 4 35 minute classes in the morning. I'm then going to try to get dd taken care of, do a quick grocery trip (are they ever quick at the lunch hour?), get the groceries unloaded at home, and then head to school for some planning time with my teachers. Have a good day!

• Like 3

Got my workout in before lunch.  Instead of my scheduled 80 day obsession workout (cardio flow), I subbed in the sample workout for 30 Day Breakaway, a weight training and running program that Beachbody's releasing in October.  There was a short weight training video, and then a downloadable audio file to download to your phone and take running with you that takes you through various intervals.  I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to getting the program in October.

• Like 5

am check in-

We had a good school day yesterday but ran long. Then older dc's ran late getting home and were chatty so I had limited time for my bike ride. I went and did a 4 mile forest trail ride, took 31 minutes. It was a lot of fun and might be the first time I've done the trail by myself. I went the opposite direction of usual and rode the brakes a bit much as it was new going that way but I am impressed with my speed considering that, I'm usually at 30 min 5 miles on paved trail

My legs never did get very sore!

Tried chocolate covered kate's chocolate zucchini bread yesterday and loved it, used 2/3 whole grain gf mix and 1/3 white gf mix, will try more whole grain mix next time and cutting sugar

Today is strength training and probably an evening bike ride on a paved trail.

b: oats, banana pb, etc

l: minestrone w/ choc zucchini bread

am: smoothie?

d: stir fry

Edited by soror
  • Like 4

@soror the trail sounds great!

@FarmingMomma it's fun to able to look forward to the next fitness step

@Dreamergal playing for fitness sounds ideal!

@wintermom I hope your sleep was delicious.  I've had two good nights of sleep in a row and am feeling invincible!

@Ali in OR I have made tofu-based smoothies the night before to take to work, and they don't seem to deteriorate at all in the fridge, if that would be a useful make-ahead option.

-----------------

The sun is shining and the work is frenetic but manageable.  I'm still doing lots of overtime, but as I think I have already paid off my expensive insulated wetsuit, I'm a happy bunny.  The WS (which was slightly on sale) is on its way, along with some new goggles.  I hope it fits - I'm a bit between sizes and the other size wasn't available.

Today: I'll try to NW at lunchtime.  After work it might be gardening rather than yoga: our garden rubbish pickup is tomorrow morning, so I'd like to pack the bin if I can, as there's lots of clearing out to do.

Breakfast - fritatta; lunch - chicken breast and leftover pumpkin; supper - something with pinto beans, roast cauli and lots of parsley.  Low fat cheese, nuts, apples.  Water.  Tea

Below is the bridge I walk over most days on my lunchtime walks.

119598066_689603311642310_4776040843069991402_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Laura CorinThank you for sharing the lovely picture, I love old bridges.

That is wonderful you can use the extra money for your wetsuit. I had told myself I would buy something fitness related when I completed a month of food tracking and as it is nearing we have had so many expenses I feel like I really shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A quick update on me...I exercised yesterday! Anyone who thinks a fast and furious labor isn't exercise can just scroll to the next post!

Me: DH, you're in charge of dinner.
DH (half an hour later, checking on me): Should I call the midwife? 
Me: Sure, tell her I am making progress. (I wasn't sure this was the real thing.)
(One Hour later)
DH: It's time for the midwife to come, right?
Me: Sure, but at this rate it could still be a while.
(Half an hour later)
Me: Oh, DH! Our baby! He's fabulous!

He's already captured the hearts of his 4 siblings. So my important jobs for today include resting and trying to name him. Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, barnwife said:

A quick update on me...I exercised yesterday! Anyone who thinks a fast and furious labor isn't exercise can just scroll to the next post!

Me: Sure, tell her I am making progress. (I wasn't sure this was the real thing.)
(One Hour later)
(Half an hour later)

He's already captured the hearts of his 4 siblings. So my important jobs for today include resting and trying to name him. Hope everyone has a great day!

Congratulations!  Pictures!!!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, barnwife said:

(One Hour later)
(Half an hour later)

Congrats!!!! Enjoy the baby moon. 

My last came quickly after hours or just puttering and not making progress. Quick labors are rough!  Hope you get some rest!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barnwife said:

(One Hour later)
(Half an hour later)

Congratulations!! Labour is very hard work (I've heard. I had 4 C-sections). And the result of all the exercise is so different than simple sore muscles. đŸ˜‰

Enjoy the bambino!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

@barnwife Congrats ! I second the need for pictures.

@Laura Corin That old bridge looks so pretty. 

@soror Treating yourself to a small something especially in a pandemic is motivating I feel. There are always expenses but buying yourself especially fitness related which will only improve it is not a waste of money. Thanks for the recipe

@wintermom There is something called candy squash ?? I must look up this miracle food you know for research purposes. Roasted squash anything is a firm favorite at home.

@Ali in OR Can you get grocery delivery or pickup ? 

Somehow I thought today is Friday, feels like it, why is it Thursday ???? đŸ˜’Â Oh well, I will think of this day as Friday eve.

We are still playing as fitness. I am enjoying it more than I can admit. Will nordic walk later.

Have a good one everyone !

Playing at fitness is the best, loving and enjoying what you are doing makes it really go by quickly.

• Like 1

I'm so tired. Woke up today not feeling great. Did ok on workout, didn't kill it but ok (and I purposely tried to keep some in the tank knowing I wasn't at 100%). After that I was just more and more tired and finally took a 1.5 hr nap and still don't feel all that energetic. Stupid allergies. I know riding in the woods yesterday was a bad idea but it is so much more fun. Hoping that I can get a bit of energy for an evening ride, that will be on a paved trail, so outside but not in the woods, so not quite as bad. I hope the allergist can give me relief and there is a way I can enjoy it more outside in the fall. I don't want to have to be stuck inside.

I posted another thread but since I mentioned it here as a health goal I did get an appt with an allergist on the 29th, fingers crossed they are helpful, and I get some answers (and please no allergies to chocolate) đŸ™‚

Sitting here contemplating a walk to get in steps but trying to decide if that is totally stupid considering.

Edited by soror
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1