Menu

Accountability Thread 8/24-8/30

Morning. Last week of August? Are we ready for it? Evidence here suggests no, but trying to be.

Today's goals:

House: chores, cleaning plan, garden

School: schedules

Cooking: grilling a pork loin, fried apples, broccoli

Writing: catching up some critiques, planning for September, returning to a previous project and refusing to come up for air until it's done and ready for editing.

• Like 1

'afternoon! 

Today: get "go bags" ready in case we need to evacuate; finish setting up boys' notebooks + supplies for language classes tomorrow; review Bible study memory work + poetry; do piano exercises 3-4 more times & listen to 2 YouTube selections from our new instructor; work on drawing; plan week; fitness for boys; fitness for me; set alarms to get up tomorrow; clean house; do laundry after boys are in bed to avoid peak-electricity use; take a nap and work out some sort of plan with DH for monitoring lightning storm tonight, maybe use our emergency radio to alert us to when the dry thunderstorms hit.  Exciting! 

Dinner: totally cribbing from @Critterfixer.  Grilled chicken, fried apples, veggies. 

• Like 1

Grilled anything with apples for dessert is just yum. And easy. LOL.

I hope you don't need to evacuate, @serendipitous journeybut glad you are ready! 

Today's plan: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, gardens, trash day, bed and bath cleaning

School: usual

Cooking: chicken and dumplings, veggie, and something with blueberries for dessert. 

Writing: critiques to do today, some personal reading, continue to prepare the writing schedule for September, and I'm doing an art thing with sketching in September as well. It's all flowers, and I'll work on projects that I can later do as watercolors, I think. 

• Like 1

Morning! Glad you didn't have to evacuate!

Today's goals:

Do something.

House: chores as usual, and some cleaning in the kitchen, I believe, garden watering, harvesting

Cooking: taco meat, something for dessert, maybe.

Writing: continue a short story I'm working on, painting a bookmark, Beta reading, some query research for September.

• Like 1

Morning. Very gray and stormy here today. Should be a good day to work inside, think about gardens, paint--and ugh. Yeah. Clean. Do I have to?

House: chores, sweep and mop the kitchen.

Cooking: baking a ham today, probably make some mashed potatoes and some potato soup, peach cobbler, broccoli

Writing: continue short story, two critiques, personal reading

• Like 1

Afternoon! 

Today we focused on classes + playing a board game with DH during his break from work.  This afternoon: more board game; fitness; clean & organize some. 

For tomorrow: I'd like to have a schedule.  Elder will go biking with DH in the morning, younger and I may run a birthday errand for him.  And there are several e-mail type things to do but I'm so spacey and sleep-deprived today that I hate to tackle them. 

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today's school: languages, math, music, art, read-alouds, typing/pemanship, memory work.

Today's chores: homeschool work, general house cleanup, get closet doors up (requires cleaning out closets first), and troubleshoot some instrument challenges. 

Also, fitness.  and fun: TBA.  😉 

• Like 1

Welcome to morning--my least favorite time of the day. Good thing it doesn't last long.

Today's tasks:

House: chores as usual, house sweep, grocery list (early)

Cooking: haven't decided yet. Maybe grilled cheese and potato soup.

Writing: work on short story, personal reading, bookmarks, September schedule

• Like 1

End of Friday, and we're here.  Hurrah! 

We hit languages, math, music and some writing today.  And boys' fitness (indoors).  Good enough!  I'm hoping to have us "back to school" after Labor Day.

House chores: oh mama, these are lagging.  With the smoke in our air it is hard for me to get out for running/walking and so my PTSD management plan has fallen through the cracks, leaving me wandering through the days punch-drunk with insomnia and cat-napping where I can catch it.  I'm starting to try & come up with an alternative plan but it is hard when I'm so dim-witted! 

Dinner: breaded pork chops, honey-mustard dip + honey-mustard-dressed salad, other veggies. 

@Critterfixer : "... morning--my least favorite time of the day. Good thing it doesn't last long."  This is brilliant today!!!  Totally hits the spot.  I may drag myself out of bed tomorrow by using it as a mantra.  !!!

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning. 

Today-into-tomorrow:

• Birthday prep for elder: wrap stuff; pick up balloons from store; set up Festive Decorations; plan tomorrow
  • PTSD management for me, updated to account for heavy ash in our air:
    • yoga, step + strength in AM; "ballet" PM, short before-bed yoga.
    • if we have to evacuate, which thank goodness seems unlikely, switch to small-space weights + ballet aerobics
    • lots of veggies + protein at lunch, again at dinner.
  • homeschool prep:  gah, brain is fried!! 
    • draft school week, with emphasis on languages, math, writing, music & arts, reading
    • clean up our chalkboard, get next week's memory work up, have space for elder's language vocab + grammar
    • get good-enough-plan for homeschool space
    • send note to piano instructor, to R., get paper from JB
  • house: round of cleaning
  • garden:
    • round of watering
    • plants for front bed, from Victorian list, for drive boxes
  • bring joy!
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1