Menu

best ballpoint pen

EmilyGF

Bic Cristal Original blue pens have always been my go-to.  They sometimes clog up and get gummy at the tip if you don't use them for awhile, and then you have to scribble a line before you write, but I put up with that.  Bic has other ones too, but I don't like them as much, and I haven't found any other brands that I like as much either.

• Like 2

I like a fine tip gel pen. Smooth writing, but doesn't smear. 
I used to love the Pilot G-2 pens (.38 maybe) but I had a couple leak ink in my purse (They have a tendency to do this when they are close to empty. You know it will happen soon if they start getting scratchy when you write, just immediately toss them then)
So, I moved to the Uniball Signo - but the only fine tip I could find were the cap and not the clicker mechanism. Nice pens though.

I'm now on the Zebra Sarasa clip (.4). I really like these.  I just ordered another box recently (12 in a box) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQTTK3I/

• Thanks 1

Ballpoints is one of those that I keep being fickle.

Sometimes I love the Injoy gel retractables. and then I see SHINY Pilot G2 and off I flit to something new. But then I pick up a Papermate Flair pen and love how it writes and before you know it I'm buying another set of pens.

My all time favorite pen (i've bought 4 of them because I keep losing them) is Zebra Clip-On Multi Color Multifunctional Pen, Clear Green Barrel (B4SA1-G)  (it's WAY too expensive right now though)

On 8/18/2020 at 8:53 AM, stephanier.1765 said:

Pentel EnerGel Love them so much!!!

I use these too.

though I am not sure I would describe my relationship as love. 

I like Pentel EnerGel  RTX as a basic reliable and for me comfortable shape and size pen.  I mostly just get blue and/or black. Though I think I once had a pretty but impractical turquoise   I am not sure it is technically a ball point, but probably fits that niche.

They seem to run away and lose themselves alas.  Or maybe they are abducted by runaway socks. Anyway they disappear leaving less comfortable stick pens behind. 

We have also been getting Frixion to be able to “erase”. 

• Like 2