Menu

geography for a 7th grader

mountains27

Looking for a recommendation for secular middle school geography? I know there are tons of free maps online but sort of looking for more of a workbook or something that is open and go that he can work through just to get him started in social studies for the year.

Anyone have a program or workbook they have used and love? Doesn't have to be rigorous, this is just a starting point for him to get warmed up! 🙂

I have all my kids do map drawing with this program:
http://map-of-the-whole-world.weebly.com

They learn to draw the continents, all the countries in the world, the states in USA, and provinces of Canada. 
This program used to be a PDF that you could purchase, but apparently now it is a Udemy course.

I also have my kids use Maps, Charts, and Graphs workbooks to learn map skills. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mountains27 said:

Looking for a recommendation for secular middle school geography? I know there are tons of free maps online but sort of looking for more of a workbook or something that is open and go that he can work through just to get him started in social studies for the year.

Anyone have a program or workbook they have used and love? Doesn't have to be rigorous, this is just a starting point for him to get warmed up! 🙂

Teacher Created Materials,Scholastic, etc all have geo workbooks by grade.

• Like 1