Menu

World Religions course

It takes a lot to impressed by YouTube video courses as I've found the instructor speaks too quickly, has a nasal-y voice, is dull as a rock, etc. So it was with great skepticism that I began watching the videos for World Religions by khanpadawan of Dr. Dale Tuggy's course. But wow, I am impressed! Dr. Tuggy's voice is incredibly soothing and "smooth", his pace is perfect, the information he presents is fantastic and actually useful...I could go on and on. There is a workbook you can order and I am so glad I did as it includes bullet points, quotes, images, etc. which provide a map of sorts for students to follow/fill in with information in their own words. I'm using A Concise Introduction to World Religions as the text which I've found is not dry (unlike Pearson) or scatterbrain written (unlike Pearson).

I'm just thrilled to have a course I'm so looking forward to this semester! One warning: There are ads one of which was for feminine itching. I had to warn my families, lol!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMCt15e8gG-j3nRRZlmhltadY8XDn4KAH

• Like 2

We're studying world religions this year but at the moment I am not planning on using videos. Would you say the videos are pretty neutral as to how they describe the religions?

Can you link the book you mentioned because the only one I am finding with that title is Oxford University press, not Pearson? (Or maybe I misunderstood your comment?)

34 minutes ago, cintinative said:

We're studying world religions this year but at the moment I am not planning on using videos. Would you say the videos are pretty neutral as to how they describe the religions?

Can you link the book you mentioned because the only one I am finding with that title is Oxford University press, not Pearson? (Or maybe I misunderstood your comment?)

The videos are marvelously neutral which is exactly what I was wanting. Incredibly informative and accurate - really well done. I'm spending an average of 2-3 weeks on each religion and an additional 2 weeks at the end of the semester for the other theories on religion which he covers in his videos.

I despise Pearson texts, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0199008558/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2