Menu

Need some ideas

seaben

While I was already planning to have my 7th grader home school (at least) until there is a brick and mortar alternative, I'm realizing now that our district doesn't really have its act together  for high school either and its unclear when it will start, what format it will be in or if there will be a teacher's strike.  So I'm brainstorming what to do in that case. 

Particular issues:

1. History - I'm leaning towards econ and wonder if anyone has a recommended text. This would not necc. need to be for AP credit.

2. Science. Yet again the hardest part esp since I can't predict when virtual school  might start. Any ideas on Chem/Physics that could be done and ios fairly rigorous / math based for the interim.

Thanks

Chang is a commonly recommended textbook for rigorous chemistry if you want to do the textbook-on-your-own route.

These classes by one of our long-time boardies get rave reviews from everyone: https://clovervalleychemistry.com/

I think only the parent-graded option has availability right now.

If you want something computer based, ThinkWell has chemistry and physics options and will be on sale through homeschool buyers co-op later this month.

• Like 1