Menu

If you need a mask that filters more than cloth

maize

I have ordered from this company twice and am very happy with the quality of masks they sell. These are disposable KN95 masks, the Chinese standard equivalent of N95. I cannot vouch for their filtration rate; when the FDA tested several brands of KN95 masks from China many did not meet the stated filtration standards, though they did filter out more particles than cloth or surgical masks. This company did send me a certificate purportedly from a third party testing laboratory showing it met the standards.

I like the fit of the masks, they form a better seal around the nose than similar masks that I have tried. Since my experience has been positive I thought I would mention these as an option for people who need better protection than that provided by a cloth or surgical mask. I have a family member who works in an environment where they are regularly around groups of people indoors who refuse to mask, so felt a need to find the best protection available. Medical grade N95 masks are all going to medical personnel at this time so this seemed the next best option.

https://yuli-co.com/products/kn95-face-mask

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I just bought a disposable kn95 yesterday and while it was very nicely made (soft, etc.) it was HOT. Also it seemed to be sized for a man or larger face. The Happy Masks come in sizes and are cooler. So if people are looking for optins, HM are another to try.

I just got my Happy Mask in the mail this week and it lives up to its name! It's such a Happy Mask - so lightweight. I wore it to a grocery store today and could not smell the chickens they were roasting or the spices I was scooping from the bulk section. It seems to work really well. And it didn't make my sunglasses fog up when I was outside!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I just bought a disposable kn95 yesterday and while it was very nicely made (soft, etc.) it was HOT. Also it seemed to be sized for a man or larger face. The Happy Masks come in sizes and are cooler. So if people are looking for optins, HM are another to try.

I know they are linked on the other thread but maybe you could link here so people can know what you are talking about?

I did look at those and they look good; I struggle with keeping reusable masks washed and organized so we can find them when we need them so I'm glad to have a disposable option. The ones I linked fit me and my older kids well, even the twelve year old. They can get hot, depending on what you are doing in them.

I just received castlegrade masks which are made from silicon and have replaceable filters. I prefer Happy Masks, as do DH and DD, when we’re just outside without many people or even shopping with some distance. Castlegrade is going to be sending out longer straps because the current ones are tight even for me, so not the most comfortable for DH. They are very tight fitting, as they ought to be, so to be used only during work hours and classroom settings should Dd need to meet up for labs.
https://castlegrade.com

I have a bunch of KN95 which I do like but I’m trying to go with washable masks for now.

• Thanks 1