Menu

Seeking sympathy. I feel like I have to fight for everything right now and I'm tired

sassenach

I really hate confrontation. I've grown over the years into someone who doesn't avoid it when necessary, but I am still uncomfortable. Recently, I'm having to do a lot of advocacy, which means putting on my big girl pants and having the conversations and sending the emails.

For my school, I've been part of the team that is interfacing with administration and rallying for legislative action.

For special needs DS's school, I'm having to get SUPER confrontational with administration because of asinine decisions with his classroom. (Oh, we decided to add an additional high school class but we have nowhere to put them so we're going to make your class share the room with a whole other class, adding 12 new bodies to the space. IN A PANDEMIC.)

For other DS who is trying to get recruited for college, I'm having to chase down administration to get them to send transcripts appropriately.

For DD, whose schedule stacked all of her APs in the first semester (moving to a university style schedule), I'm having to send firm emails to the school so they will balance her schedule more appropriately.

I don't like it. I hate even checking my email because it probably means having to deal with one of the above. My calendar is full of scheduled phone calls with people that I need to have some level of hard conversation with. I'm sick of bureaucracy and poor leadership. Everything feels like a fight right now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 14

Ugh. Some days feel like anything extra, no matter how small and ordinary, will be the tipping point. This is a hard time. (Hugs)

Can't you offload the admin stuff for your high schoolers onto them, though? There’s no reason for you to be involved.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Ugh. Some days feel like anything extra, no matter how small and ordinary, will be the tipping point. This is a hard time. (Hugs)

Can't you offload the admin stuff for your high schoolers onto them, though? There’s no reason for you to be involved.

They’re actually pretty good at taking the first round but sometimes it takes a parent. 

• Like 1