Menu

This history/lit class I'm teaching...

This history and lit class I'm teaching has moved online because... well, obvious reasons. I doubt it will move back offline. Anyway, because things are unsure out there on the local level, it's only half enrolled right now and I'm looking for a couple more students and because it's online... well, I'm posting that in some odd places, like now I'm posting it here. The students I have are mostly very motivated, do the reading, and have some really amazing discussions. We'll be doing European history and literature this year - two full credit-worthy. It's a pretty wide ranging, diverse book list. Thursday mornings, east coast time zone. Probably all y'all are very well-planned at this point, but, in case you're not, feel free to PM me for details.

Thanks! I haven't been around on the boards recently, but I know any WTM'er student would be a good one to have. 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the endorsement, JennyD!

Feel free to pass on the class to anyone you know looking for something high quality for a high schooler. Right now, I'm torn. I really just need a student or two more to feel like it's worth it to offer. And I really don't want to let down the kids who are enrolled - they're all returning students at this point. On our last class last year on Zoom we were talking about how the literary theme for this year is villains and two of them were so excited. So I may do it anyway... I mean, I hate for it to be about a monetary issue, but I put a decent amount of work into it and my consulting business takes my time too not to mention my own kids. So I want it to feel like more than a labor of love, even if it's a little bit of that too.

Not this year but we’re using your GPS 1 curriculum this coming year for my 9th and 12th graders. I’ve been pre-reading the books the past few weeks and I’m really excited. I’m so glad to see there is a second year! Now I know what to do for 10th grade for my second son. 😁

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...