Menu

Accountability Thread 8/2-8/8

Morning. I'm starting out the day with boys bickering. I had to ask for them to just stop talking for a few minutes so I can get my tea. Arguing can happen, just not before I'm caffeinated.

Today's goals:

Caffeine

House: grocery list, cat boxes, laundry, dishes, August deep cleaning plan, double house/garden care plan

Cooking: grill something, haven't decided what, fruit for dessert

School: schedules

Writing: I met my Camp NaNo goal, but I still have about a chapter and a half left on this part of the bulk revision. The next two weeks will be trimming words, tightening scenes, clarifying motivations, tying up loose ends and making sure all the names and times and weather is consistent through scenes. Fun stuff.  I want to finish the draft of my sequel in August, too, and a revision of another, shorter piece. Continue personal reading, plan out writing and revision schedule for fall. Organize query list for the next novel I have to get out there. Normally, I want to query one thing at a time, but responses have been so slow this year, I may not have a choice but to query two things at once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yes on the caffeine.  Hadn't even really flagged it as I looked down your list: seemed a necessary pre-req for what followed ...

I'm on afternoon-tea caffeine soon!  Today was largely a Mental Health day.  Jury is out on whether this "mental health day" means day to restore said health, or day lost to sheer lack of it. 

Did various little-but-time-consuming stuff earlier.   Now: 20" RPG work, some school with boys, more RPG, fitness, clean.  Sketch a plan for week/month.  Dinner is frozen pizza (served in its un-frozen form) and fresh veggies.  Before-bed stories for boys this PM. 

Hugs to anybody who wants'em.  I myself am getting them where I can today.  🙂

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Afternoon. I hit the ground running this morning (not literally--I need to schedule that!) and the boys are largely done with school and house chores. 

Today's list:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bed, bath, linens, gardens

School: usual

Cooking: grilling steaks tonight, broccoli, potatoes, possibly rice pudding, but I'm leaning toward ice cream.

Writing: Revisions are substantially complete, but now I need to read Frankendraft and figure out what still needs stitching. Revise long synopsis, start scene index for ease of stitching Frankendraft. Personal reading.

Extra: chores at Mom's.

• Like 2

Afternoon!  We are toodling along.  More or less.  Okay, less!  😉 

Did micro school today + RPG work + sent out a note asking if other folks can run games for a bit while we pick up with school + got several garden chores done.

Remaining: sketch out week's school, finish RPG prep -- would love to find character sheets, copy critical hit/fumble charts, go over younger's character with him -- and set up for game, dinner is Vietnamese takeout, pick up house. 

• Like 1

Morning. Welcome to Weirdsday.

Today's list:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, gardens, kitchen

School: usual

Cooking: I didn't get to cook yesterday, so tacos, salsa, pumpkin pie for today

Writing: Revise Cp 7-9, scene index continued, synopsis work, personal reading

• Like 2

Morning! 

Today's list:

House: dishes, laundry, cat boxes, kitchen (I'm canning that salsa today. It's going to be a mess in there!)

School: light day

Cooking: grilling, make pumpkin bread, possibly process another squash

Writing: Revise chapters 10-12, personal reading, continue scene index, synopsis work

• Like 1

Afternoon!  And: Happy Thursday! 

Done: various AM chores in house & garden, some piano, some legal stuff to get our dog back, set boys up to send neat-o e-cards to friends celebrating their 10th birthday. 

To do: I need to get a handle on my RPG work: there is specific stuff to do, and also I need to begin to have a regular plan & predictable schedule of some sort.  The four main elements are mastering the rules system we use; developing my game-specific amendments and unique game items/realities; work on current session/encounter; work on broader world.  Currently I have broad strokes for the session but would like to

• build up a lot of plot elements that my players are poking holes in (non-player characters, "the council" of the current city, rest of city life, address questions of resistance to an oppressive authority change)
  • develop a few plot paths + a stand-alone element or two to ensure that the game ends on a cliffhanger with good player engagement
  • ideally, build the emotional commitment from our the cleric & rogue/thief characters
    • cleric: (could end on some sort of loaded scene + the cleric hears his dragon egg beginning to hatch)
    • thief: ????
    • warrior character who was less-involved in last week's game: play on hunting background?  look for other skills?
  • research/develop mechanics to allow players to co-operate during combat
  • get familiar with my player's characters: review their skills, mechanics, and have a sense of what they need or want when they level up
  • work on map for city, map for excavation, ...

I have a game on Monday and then have 1-3 weeks break while another homeschooler picks up.  I'm not sure how we are going to swing it during the school year b/c we really want to keep the group together, but both of us who seem up for running games these days have somewhat intense homeschooling situations.  I shall try to stay open & curious about solutions!  and engaged in the process. 

School: basic school stuff, fitness all around.

Home: some cleaning, dinner (roast chicken, cheese biscuits unless we don't have the cheese -- in that case popovers, fresh veggies + some sort of avocado dip).  

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today's goals: 

House: cat boxes, dishes, laundry, general house sweep, gardens

School: usual, might break out my writing curriculum and see if I want to use it or just mash stuff up like I usually do

Cooking: leftovers. I wish to report that the salsa canning went very well, and everything sealed down perfectly.

Writing: Chapters 13-16 in revisions, continue work on scene index and synopsis as I get to each major plot point, personal reading.

• Like 1

Morning!  🙂  for Salsa Success!

Today: house chores; garden chores; school to include art & schedule SoTW for younger, draft history plan for elder for the rest of this month and post on the high school forum about his literature list OR just brainstorm it.  Yoga for me, fitness all around.  RPG work -- finish NPC write-ups and outline the current situation in the city.  Troubleshoot our music stuff.  Dinner is pasta w/cheese & broccoli plus maybe baked apples. 

Mainly I need to line up our fall work/goals.  I'm not ready to start high school.  Just don't want to do it.  Okay, putting on my Big Girl Pants ...

Nptes: find How to Read Literature Like a  Professor for kids + schedule; find + schedule rest of Figuratively Speaking; get hands on last level of AAS for elder; schedule some AAS for younger + handwriting.

• Like 1