Jump to content

Menu

Hive Virtual Church Services


ktgrok
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone want to create a thread of virtual church services? Include the link and maybe a brief description of the type of service as far as denomination, or if it is traditional, contemporary, etc?

And what time it is live, in what timezone?

That way if anyone in all this wants a break and to attend virtually something different, they can?

I'll go first - This is the youtube channel for St. Michael's Episcopal - the link to the bulliten is always included in the description. Service is liturgical, with a reading from the old testament, a psalm, an Epistle, and the Gospel as well as communion.  . (The priest leads a prayer of "spiritual communion" for those who cannot partake physically due to distance, etc). Mostly traditional hymns, but not always. Sermons are focused on one of the readings for the day, but always point to the love of God and love of our fellow man. 

edited to add: live is at 10:15 am EDT, but you can watch any time after that. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKJaWqKU_k1uKBpmvkDQiA

 

Edited by Ktgrok
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our ELCA church is on facebook live.  Christ Lutheran Church of Roanoke, VA.  I've also been going to House for All Sinners and All Saints in Denver (5:30 Mountain/ 7:30 pm Eastern).  It's the church Nadia Bolz-Weber started, if you're familiar with her books, but it's run by an Episcopal priest now.  It's very LGBT friendly.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s such a cool idea! I would love to pop in on some church services virtually! 

 

My church live streams from FB and from www.lifepointchurch.us. It is an Evangelical, contemporary style church. You don’t need any accessories except a Bible if you like to look scriptures up yourself. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Our ELCA church is on facebook live.  Christ Lutheran Church of Roanoke, VA.  I've also been going to House for All Sinners and All Saints in Denver (5:30 Mountain/ 7:30 pm Eastern).  It's the church Nadia Bolz-Weber started, if you're familiar with her books, but it's run by an Episcopal priest now.  It's very LGBT friendly.  

oooh! I've read a ton about House for All Sinners and All Saints - I hadn't even thought to check it out now, virtually. Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ktgrok said:

oooh! I've read a ton about House for All Sinners and All Saints - I hadn't even thought to check it out now, virtually. Thank you!

If you like them on Facebook, they provide Zoom links for each service.  They also broadcast on Facebook Live, but I prefer Zoom.  It feels more communal.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.urbancrest.org/

Southern Baptist, contemporary worship. It "premiers" at 11 AM Eastern (pre-recorded), but you can find old sermons if you download the app. The app also has sermon notes and some amenities for members. It's not expected that guests would contribute to the offering. They will pray for you if you contact them, and I think they might have some live chat hours for things like prayer or questions.

ETA: I am not really impressed with today's sermon--it sound unusually conspiracy-theorist. Sorry about that. It's not what I would expect.

Edited by kbutton
Additional information
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been enjoying slightly reconnecting into services from places in my past (not all have an online presence that I have found).

 

Here for example is recorded last Sunday from St Thomas Episcopal Church in NYC  traditional service solemn (good sound quality is a plus )  

 

https://www.saintthomaschurch.org/events/summer-2020-solemn-eucharist-2020-07-19/

 

Riverside Church (maybe congregational? I am not even sure of denomination) much more modern:   https://www.trcnyc.org/listen/

 

both I think are live at 11am eastern as also is the Cathedral of St John the Divine (but no recordings to listen after that I have found)

https://www.stjohndivine.org/calendar/?year=2020&month=07&day=31

 

St Ann also Episcopal - less high quality sound recordings, but very easy to follow readings on screen  

 

Edited by Pen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll share! I love my church!

We attend Lover’s Lane United Methodist Church in Dallas, Texas. It’s a very inclusive church, with a really good mix of Liberals and Conservatives, and a very loving place. Our mission statement is “Loving ALL People into Relationship with Jesus Christ”, and they really do mean ALL people! The United Methodist Church is basically going through a split over LGBTQ inclusivity, and I’m proud to say that my church has helped lead the way on the inclusive side! Our head pastor is an incredible leader, and his sermons are always inspiring. His current sermon series is all about Social Justice. Our church is also known for its music and amazing pipe organs.

They livestream 4 services every Sunday, at 8,9,10, and 11:00. They have a Facebook page, a YouTube Channel, and a website,      llumc.org. They also have Sunday school classes, small groups, and evening prayers, all online. I am proud of my church for remaining closed throughout the pandemic. United Methodists have “Do No Harm” in our tenets of faith, and we take it very seriously.

My family (myself, dh, ds18, and ds15) did the music this past Sunday at the 8 & 11:00 services. We sang a hymn, a quartet, and a duet (dh and I). Our music minister has done a wonderful job of planning great music every week, despite the lack of choir. I am linking to the 11:00 Traditional service. 

 

 

 

Edited by caayenne
Punctuation
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love this idea -- thanks!

I love my church too.  (Non-denominational)  It streams live every Sunday, but it's also recorded.  (It's not meeting in person yet.)  I'd recommend starting with the recent series on Race Reconciliation.  Our pastor is very Christ-centered, humble, and not afraid to take a stand.  He wrote the book Myth of a Christian Nation some years ago which got a lot of national attention.  There are a lot of other great teaching pastors (including women) on the church staff too, and they take turns giving sermons.

https://whchurch.org/sermon_series/race-conciliation

ETA:  Oh, the worship part is recorded too...  But you can skip past that and get right to the sermon.  🙂 

 

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, caayenne said:

I’ll share! I love my church!

We attend Lover’s Lane United Methodist Church in Dallas, Texas. It’s a very inclusive church, with a really good mix of Liberals and Conservatives, and a very loving place. Our mission statement is “Loving ALL People into Relationship with Jesus Christ”, and they really do mean ALL people! The United Methodist Church is basically going through a split over LGBTQ inclusivity, and I’m proud to say that my church has helped lead the way on the inclusive side! Our head pastor is an incredible leader, and his sermons are always inspiring. His current sermon series is all about Social Justice. Our church is also known for its music and amazing pipe organs.

They livestream 4 services every Sunday, at 8,9,10, and 11:00. They have a Facebook page, a YouTube Channel, and a website,      llumc.org. They also have Sunday school classes, small groups, and evening prayers, all online. I am proud of my church for remaining closed throughout the pandemic. United Methodists have “Do No Harm” in our tenets of faith, and we take it very seriously.

 

Can you tell me about the Sunday School part- do they have classes for kids online, or livestreamed or whatever? Our church is just sharing a video from Virtual Sunday School each week, but it's short, and I'm then trying to come up with something to go with it each week. Then they participate in the second part of the actual church service with me for communion (online). But I'd to find a better online Sunday School option for them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I think this is also an unusual opportunity to virtually visit services elsewhere in world, including of other denominations and other religions than might be ones usual.    It might even be a chance  to Zoom in with small group prayer or meditation groups elsewhere. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pen said:

 

I think this is also an unusual opportunity to virtually visit services elsewhere in world, including of other denominations and other religions than might be ones usual.    It might even be a chance  to Zoom in with small group prayer or meditation groups elsewhere. 

I think it's a neat opportunity too.  Our church has lots of Zoom small groups now, and in mine (a group of 7), I'm the only one who actually attends the church.  The rest are mostly from other states altogether, even other countries.  It is so wonderful, really.  Our church plans to keep up these groups even once it's meeting in person again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to a friend's Seder for Passover via Zoom, which was just plain a neat experience.

 

This is my long-time best friend's church. I have enjoyed getting to worship with her each week, since until this happened, the last time I'd heard her preach was right before her graduation from Seminary. They will be back in the sanctuary for the first time this Sunday, but are still broadcasting on FB live. http://www.cumcva.org/

 

It's a small UMC church in Virginia. Mary is on the liberal side, but her congregation isn't, which has been a difficult balancing act for her, particularly through COVID. The music minister is extremely enthusiastic and fun to watch (and apparently too flamboyant for some of the congregation). 

 

 

 

 

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the link to Virtual Sunday School videos - I believe done by a British theater group. 

Normally I take whatever the theme is and find free printable pages for the kids to do, or they suggest an activity in the videos. The video is only about 10 minutes or so. Today's video is based on Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

I found this coloring page: https://coloringpagesbymradron.blogspot.com/2018/01/colossians-323-print-and-color-page.html

Oh, and anyone tuning in to my church linked in the first post this sunday, our head pastor is not there today....the sermon was done by the deacon who is always interesting, but not as...theologically deep...as the head pastor. But I adore Father Greg, the other pastor who is presiding over the rest - he has a kid with ASD, facilitated us getting gluten free communion wafers for my son, etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...