Menu

Hi.

My name is Tom and I'm a new homeschool parent.

Like a lot of other parents, we decided to homeschool due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After the schools shut down, my daughter's school managed to really screw the pooch. She basically lost two months of schooling because they weren't remotely ready and weren't sure what they were doing.

As a result, I took some of the materials they just haphazardly handed out and learned that I actually can teach my daughter. Luckily, I work from home as a writer even when there's not a virus running around, so I have a very flexible schedule so I can definitely work around my daughter's educational needs.

I picked up a copy of The Well-Trained Mind and saw pretty much the exact kind of education I want my daughter to get. In particular, the ability to think critically and develop a love of learning that will serve her well for the rest of her life. I didn't have the best educational experience and I want her to have so much more.

In addition to my daughter, I've got a 19-year-old college sophmore son who also live with my wife and me.

So, all that out of the way, I'm looking forward to spending some time ere with everyone and learning and sharing and all that stuff. 🙂

• Like 2