Menu

What gift would you get for conference speakers?

YaelAldrich

I've got the 2020 Torah Home Ed Conference in two weeks. Loads of people (over 30) have volunteered their time and effort to speak to the newbies. I can spend up to $10 a person to say thank you. Any suggestions? I've done personalized coffee mugs or handmade pottery bowls with flowers but I'm running short on creativity this year, especially since I usually create a conference in six months not one month!

I was going to suggest a coffee mug for the city where the conference is being held, but then looked at your link and realized your conference is over zoom.

Would it be possible to design a mug that looks like zoom windows?  Not sure what you would put in each window, but it might be a fitting reminder of your 2020 conference.

• Like 4

If the speakers are local, maybe a gift certificate to a local eatery or coffee shop or relevant shop (related to conference theme), or small item like tea, honey, hand lotion etc. In the past, a sincere, meaningful hand written card has always meant the most to me when I’ve volunteered or been a leader/speaker.

If speakers are not local, then digital gift cards (simply because the cost of shipping items will eat ups. Tom)..

• Like 1

Agreeing with the gift cards, if you're mailing.

Honestly, the handwritten thank you note (adding in a reprint photo of the group-on-the-Zoom-screen?) is my go-to.
Notes are my love-language, in a house that I'm trying to keep organized.  😉

Thank you for organizing this!

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I was going to suggest a coffee mug for the city where the conference is being held, but then looked at your link and realized your conference is over zoom.

Would it be possible to design a mug that looks like zoom windows?  Not sure what you would put in each window, but it might be a fitting reminder of your 2020 conference.

If this or a mask isn't possible in the budget, maybe someone could design something simple with the conference title and date, logo if you have one, and mask and/or video conferencing clip art. And make prints on high quality paper. 

Gift cards and local specialties are always fun, but with a limited budget and such a unique situation, I'd go for something different!

27 minutes ago, Pen said:

Given distance, Amazon or similar place with lots of choices gift certificate?

I'd also suggest a gift certificate.  This may just be me, but I rarely keep or use miscellanous items that come my way via events. 

• Like 1