Menu

Erin Condren planners?

math teacher

1 hour ago, Mom2mthj said:

Never seen them before, but they are very pretty!  I would need to learn how to write as beautifully as the example pages to do it justice.

Those are pretty!  I would need to live a different life to do it justice.

I watch a dermatologist on youtube for skin care info. and she also includes cooking, shopping, and other activities that I usually skip over.  The other day she was showing her Erin Condren planner and she was using tweezers to put number stickers over top of the numbers already in the book.  I marveled that she had time the time to do this and then I went back to my chores. 

• Haha 4

This year Target is experimenting with selling some cheaper (undated) EC planners with the school supplies.  They still have the date stickers so you're not stuck with your handwriting, but I think the academic planners are in the $25 range, the teacher planners roughly $45 I think.  I saw this on YouTube last week, did click through to see them on Target's website but I didn't order them myself.  I think I might try a Simplified Teacher planner this year, mostly for aesthetic reasons.

I've never heard of anyone not loving EC planners.  I have heard 3 things that make them not quite perfect:

• people complain the layouts don't contain exactly what they want if they want monthly, weekly, AND daily pages to record different types of information.  Some people order two kinds of planners, remove the spirals to recombine, and then twist the spirals back in.  If you want information on this search for "Erin Condren Frankenplanner" on YouTube.
  • Some people don't like commitment and prefer a planner they can rearrange.
  • There is some criticism of EC herself.  Apparently she broke social distancing with a birthday party for her daughter and people are boycotting for this reason.  I don't see the point since she's no longer leading the company, but if cancel culture is important to you know that before purchasing an EC planner.

If you want something similar but not quite so pricey you could also try Plum Paper planners.  Just don't order custom things with extra months.  Something will get screwed up with the extra months and their customer service will NOT help. Either extra months OR custom pages, not both, is fine.