Menu

Has anyone tried AirTable for homeschool planning?

37 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

Trello

Someone in another thread mentioned Trello. How are you liking it? What are its strengths? Can it crank out checklists? I think Airtable might be more flexible. I have in my mind tat Airtable should make it easy to go from my plans to a printed list for ds.

Edited by PeterPan

Okay, I'd have to play with it to see if I'd like it better than Monday.com. I suspect that some of the features I'd like best are ones that are not in the free version. I'd also be interested to know if other people have used it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Okay, I'd have to play with it to see if I'd like it better than Monday.com. I suspect that some of the features I'd like best are ones that are not in the free version. I'd also be interested to know if other people have used it.

They list out pretty carefully the free features. What were the features you liked best? That's partly what I'm wanting to see is what other people are making happen with it. I have a feeling it cam do stuff I haven't dreamed up!  I'' go look at Mon.com

6 hours ago, whitehawk said:

to see if I'd like it better than Monday.com.

Ok I'm looking at Monday. Do you have screenshots of how you have it set up? I'm tring to figure out basics like if there are 12 tasks in a kit, 36 lessons in a book, whatever, how do you put that in so it both schedules in a gantt and shows progress?

• 3 weeks later...

Just for snorts and giggles, wanted to let OP know that I read the title as "Anyone use an air hockey table for homeschool planning?"

🤨 I'm thinking, "Hmm....That's very creative...  Using an air hockey table and a dry-erase marker to map out all of your homeschool planning for the year.  Hmmm...but you'd have to later transcribe all of your dry-erase notes to paper for future reference...  Hmmm...seems a bit redundant, but could work for visual people...  Hmmm..."  🤔

🙃😃

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, vonbon said:

Using an air hockey table and a dry-erase marker to map out all of your homeschool planning for the year. 

What a hoot! I have an air hockey table, so I could totally do this. Except I'm hardly writing yet. I'm typing but only very limited handwriting so far. I think I need to wax the air hockey table first, lol.

I'm trying Google Classroom for the stuff I assign to ds. He can't alter it and it has a clearer format than Trello. He seems to like it. 

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

What a hoot! I have an air hockey table, so I could totally do this. Except I'm hardly writing yet. I'm typing but only very limited handwriting so far. I think I need to wax the air hockey table first, lol.

Oh, you're kidding.  I can't believe you actually have an air hockey table.  😄😆

• Haha 1