Menu

Tapestry of Grace or Build Your Library?

I would like my son to study the civil war and continue working through the civil rights movement this year to tie it in with whats been going on with our world lately. I have found Build your library level 6 to be very appealing and looks easy to use but I wonder if I would like more book choices I could get with Tapestry. I believe I would start on Y3U3 in tapestry. Any thoughts. My son will be in middle school.

Wow. Completely opposite programs. 😧

Tapestry of Grace is a massive program with a focus on discussion, analysis, writing. It is pretty parent-intensive time-wise, and can be a pretty heavy load student-wise. Since you like the look of Build Your Library, why not go with that, and just add in some titles to it. Use the ToG booklist, and ask here for other ideas that would fit in with your theme.

JMO! BEST of luck, whatever you go with. Warmly, Lori D.
PS -- and, nice to "see" you again on these boards. 😉

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

Wow. Completely opposite programs. 😧

Tapestry of Grace is a massive program with a focus on discussion, analysis, writing. It is pretty parent-intensive time-wise, and can be a pretty heavy load student-wise. Since you like the look of Build Your Library, why not go with that, and just add in some titles to it. Use the ToG booklist, and ask here for other ideas that would fit in with your theme.

JMO! BEST of luck, whatever you go with. Warmly, Lori D.
PS -- and, nice to "see" you again on these boards. 😉

You aren't wrong. I would use TOG lite because I do like the different topics explored. But I think you are right, it is easier to add than subtract. BYL might just be the ticket. Thanks for the welcome back!

Unless they have changed it (and they may have, it's been years since I looked), Tapestry of Grace gives you a week of work at a time, and you have to figure out how to break it down into daily assignments. That was a pain in the you know where, lol. 

Build Your Library has daily lesson plans, which I much prefer. 

• Like 2