Menu

I thought it was well done. My ds was not a motivated learner, though, and I had to heavily supervise him at that time (14yo) or he’d get distracted by the computer.  That was annoying.  After that year we went with online teachers for foreign language.  My dd, though, probably would have done fine with BJU French on her own.

1 hour ago, freesia said:

I thought it was well done. My ds was not a motivated learner, though, and I had to heavily supervise him at that time (14yo) or he’d get distracted by the computer.  That was annoying.  After that year we went with online teachers for foreign language.  My dd, though, probably would have done fine with BJU French on her own.

Thank you very much for this input. My kids are both fairly independent, so not a lot of supervision needed for them. I am really excited about the Russian. 

My children have done BYU IS.  It is very much here’s the book (often there’s no book, just stuff to read online), here’s the assignments, now do it.  If that’s what your kids will work well with then it’s probably good.  I have a couple who can do that, but I also have a couple who can’t.  

For the language classes, they do have conversation cafe which allows the students to work with someone via a zoom type experience.  This is good for practicing the language, and I highly recommend they take advantage of it to the fullest if doing a language class.

Hope that helps!

-Lisa

• Like 1