Menu

Just had my first, of what I’m sure will be many, Covid test

sassenach

Do you have to quarantine until the results come through - I did but it was less than 48 hours and would have been less is I hadn't tested on a Sunday.  I didn't feel it as the reason I was tested was I was clearly coming down with something which turned out to be inflamed sinuses which were numb along with my cheeks by the time I got there.  

13 minutes ago, kiwik said:

Do you have to quarantine until the results come through - I did but it was less than 48 hours and would have been less is I hadn't tested on a Sunday.  I didn't feel it as the reason I was tested was I was clearly coming down with something which turned out to be inflamed sinuses which were numb along with my cheeks by the time I got there.  

No, because I’m not sick. This is for clearance to work in a hospital. 

31 minutes ago, kiwik said:

We have to quarantine as a condition of testing sick or not.

That’s interesting. I think around here, that would discourage people from getting tested. Our county is encouraging essential workers to get regular testing so they can catch those asymptomatic cases early. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pen said:

Did they have a numbering people in line system where if person somewhere ahead in line left the results would get given to wrong people from then on? 

No, they checked me in with an iPad, opened the test kit in front of me, scanned the barcode and gave it to me to check my results. It was all very efficient. 

• Like 1