Menu

Online classes

So, youngest child was going to go to public.  We thought there was going to be a hybrid option, but apparently not.  And the virtual option is asynchronous; there won’t be any interaction with teachers or peers.  

I assume it’s probably too late to sign up for online classes, but I thought I would ask. I’m investigating my options, since I would like her to be able to return to public school at some point.  Any suggestions of places to take biology or geometry?  (She has had algebra 1 but not 2.  She is an eager, excited biology student who is considering majoring in biology.  She is not a strong math student but not what I would call struggling either.)

If she will probably return to public, she probably needs to do online classes through an online public school (Connections/ Florida Virtual, etc) or an accredited online option like Indiana University Online High School, BYU, Nebraska, etc.

Check with the high school she would eventually attend. Most public high schools won't recognize homeschool credits and might require her to start over in 9th. Private high schools might be okay with other types of providers.

• Like 1

Terabith:

You might check out my wife's course: Honors Biology With Lab.

10 hours ago, Terabith said:

I assume it’s probably too late to sign up for online classes

We still have seats in a number of our online classes, and all our courses are live interaction (not asynchronous).

Good luck to you in your search.

—Roy Speed

Edited by royspeed
spelling