Menu

We got dd's scores.  English Language lower than expected (She was rocking the multiple choice practices, so I think this impacted her.  But she is a strong writer, so who knows?  Her brother got a 5 and had a low A in the same class she had a high A in.)  Psychology was a 5. 

It is what it is. She hasn't seen them yet and I know she will be disappointed.  It will be a hard blow when she's been struggling a bit lately.  I am holding onto my belief that strong driven students need some bumps.  English is her passion and strength (I would even say gifting.)  Her SAT scores are fantastic.  It is important that she know that one test in the middle of a pandemic means nothing.

I know we won't be the only ones with surprises--hopefully for most of you they are happy surprises.

• Like 2

DD scored a 5 in English Language and a 3 in Art History. We were surprised by both; I think if she had the full test including the MC questions, she likely would have scored a 4 on each. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. 

Who knows what AP’s will look next year for her 11th grade year. She’ll be taking stats, psych, and lit. 

Hope everyone is taking these exam scores in stride. Weird year.

• Like 4

can't get the scores. 

"Many students are logging in to get their AP scores right now, so we're unable to display your scores at the moment. Please come back later today and try again. Thank you for your patience!"

sad. This is what cloud-based webservices were built for, and really - there's maybe a few million people trying to get scores over the span of a whole morning? That's just not that much load.

-------------------------------

eventually loaded. DD got a 5 on CalcBC. Super pleased. DS(the graduated senior) is refusing to look. Apparently it's still too early in the morning for that kind of drama  🙂

Edited by AEC
  • Like 6

S17 was able to log in. 3s on Chem and Calc AB (surprised and disappointed on Calc), 4s on Lit and Gov (disappointed in Lit, felt he had a great essay), and 5 on Stats (the class he took independent study this year and shirked most of the year. Go figure.)

Best wishes to all. A weird year.

• Like 3

Apparently, 11 is late enough for DS18 to 'deal with the drama' and check.  all happiness here.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Party here. OP I was told Lang was graded harder this year.

Interesting. It’s just one of those things. She’s a much stronger writer than her brother was when he got a 5. She got a 3,  so not awful. It’s just a shock bc she felt confident.  She’ll take AP lit next year and should do well. I’m glad she got a strong psychology score. 

• Like 2

Ds got his scores today too... It's a mixed bag :-/  AP Lang - 5 (yay!), AP Comp Sci A - 4, AP Psyc - 3 (He was disappointed bc he thought he did much better! 😞)  This definitely has been a weird year! Good luck everyone!

Edited by SS in MD
  • Like 1

DSs portal says that he submitted a response by email and it's still being graded. Which would be fine. Except he didn't submit a response via email. Soooooo.... 😂 We're not fussed about it & will probably give it a few weeks before he even bothers calling - butttt.... what? 

• Like 1

Dd took 4 exams and doesn't want to check her scores. She's still struggling with not having the chance to take the full exams and feels like something is "missing" even now. I just let her talk things through and don't negate how she's feeling. But the girl doesn't leave anything undone so this has been very strange for her. She'll check when she's ready...

• Like 1

2 4s for my 10th grader here (art history and european history); we were both relieved, particularly since I think multiple choice is more his strength (he's a good writer, but a SLOW one--being able to type probably helped). I wasn't too worried, though--I figure there's an asterisk by everything this year anyway, and if he hadn't done well no one would hold it against him. 

• Like 4

My dd finally checked her scores: All 5s. I thought she was joking. She had fun with it: "Well...I got a 5....and...a 5...and.............a 5...................and.......................................a 5!"

• Like 8

Ds got a 4 in Latin. He had to do a make-up exam because the first exam didn’t submit correctly. I’m pleased with his score but I think he might have gotten a 5 if he had been able to do it the first time. He had about three weeks between tests and although he studied, he didn’t study as much as he did for the first one. He was just tired of the whole thing by that point in the year. 

• Like 2