Menu

Ugh

Elizabeth86

So, in my rural area there have been only a handful of covid cases.  Dh just found out there is 1 confirmed and 2 waiting test results at his work.  Here we go.  This is an essential place that cannot close and there are at least 1,000 people, all in close quarters.  Man, we are screwed.  Just ugh. Vent vent vent.  We've been blessed to keep it at bay this long.  I'm feeling SO nervous that there is really nothing to be done at this point.

• Sad 11

57 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

So, in my rural area there have been only a handful of covid cases.  Dh just found out there is 1 confirmed and 2 waiting test results at his work.  Here we go.  This is an essential place that cannot close and there are at least 1,000 people, all in close quarters.  Man, we are screwed.  Just ugh. Vent vent vent.  We've been blessed to keep it at bay this long.  I'm feeling SO nervous that there is really nothing to be done at this point.

I’m so sorry.  If you arent following the big thread @Penhas lots of suggestions for supplements that might help or shorten duration at least.  For a minimum maybe vitamin D.  Really hope you are all ok. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I’m so sorry.  If you arent following the big thread @Penhas lots of suggestions for supplements that might help or shorten duration at least.  For a minimum maybe vitamin D.  Really hope you are all ok. 

I’d take:

D3 (along with K, A, E, Magnesium... for balance and cofactors) 

zinc and Quercitin 

C

selenium

NAC

B complex

and do nitric oxide breathing exercises and get some natural sunshine if safe 

this video suggests foods that have the basic desirable nutrients especially likely to help

https://youtu.be/COI3zYHf-nI

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elizabeth86 said:

That really sucks.

8 hours ago, Pen said:

I’d take:

D3 (along with K, A, E, Magnesium... for balance and cofactors) 

zinc and Quercitin 

C

selenium

NAC

B complex

and do nitric oxide breathing exercises and get some natural sunshine if safe 

this video suggests foods that have the basic desirable nutrients especially likely to help

Thanks for all the good advice. We are getting lots of extra sunshine, but I'll have to work on vitamins.

I'm not posting this to minimize your feelings, but I'm trying to make you feel better.  We've been exposed to it at least 5 times through dh and dd18's workplaces (they worked throughout this entire pandemic).  We currently know 9 people who just had it in the last 2-3 weeks. And they are all fine.  It was basically a cold for them and they got over it quickly.  Don't panic!!  The first time we were exposed to it, I had such severe anxiety that I was having panic attacks every evening for about 4 days in a row.  So, yes, I know how scary it is.  

When we were exposed the first time, 3 of us ended up getting sick and searching for information online left me angry and frustrated.  There is a ton of sensationalism out there about it.  Look on the CDC website, because they have more balanced info/advice.  They have some articles on what the symptoms are, etc.  I can NOT afford to panic with 7 people in this house.   

Clean your house - wipe down surfaces, bathrooms, keyboards, phones, iPads, doorknobs, light switches, etc.  Every time we were exposed to it, I went around and did that twice a day for several days.  My teens would eventually start rolling their eyes, but hey....it's important.

The last time dd18 was exposed by 2 people in the workplace on the same weekend, I ran out to CVS and bought Airborne.  It was expensive.  I think I blew 75 bucks on supplements in CVS that afternoon.  She never got sick.  We are all on vitamins/supplements (from the FIRST time we were exposed).  Airborne if exposed, multivitamin, vitamin D and vitamin C.  That's what we've been taking.  I heard Zinc is really good, too.  Make sure it's a GOOD multivitamin.

Edited to add: I just remembered another thing we did when dd18 had cases at work.  As soon as she came home, we had her immediately change clothes and we threw those clothes right in the washer.  Just in case...(I know I sound paranoid)

You GOT this!!!  

Edited by Evanthe