Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

We got several hours of heavy rain yesterday and now it has turned cool and lovely. High today will only reach 84.

• office work - dh and I are going to start taking Friday afternoons off, so I need to be done by noon
  • pay my hay bill
  • post office
  • laundry - towels
  • vacuum and dust main floor
  • unpack & wash produce (both boxes arriving today)
  • dinner: pancakes
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Walk while the boy swims. Last practice!  

Mail a book  

Get nightcrawlers , print documents , amd have Ds prep his clothes and tackle for an early start tomorrow.  

Cook beef roast for dinner. Mexican.  

YNAB Nope, too tired.

Read.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

good morning! 

Today, I have:
...coffee
...help DH put the media room/TV room back together after painting yesterday (I should note: painting was a whole family effort, not just me/dh; we are not super heroes)
...finish the 2nd grade syllabus, work on lesson plan book
...sew the other applique pieces
...fold last night's laundry, wash the one more load? I can't remember if yesterday's load was the "one more load" or there's still one more...I might be caught up
...lunch: DH's domain
...dinner: maybe visit taco food truck that's coming to our neighborhood, maybe something else (one kid is doing a dairy free trial, so tacos w/o cheese may do him in...)

I'm expecting the guys will video game tonight, leaving me plenty of sewing time, so will focus hard today on school prep stuff. 

• Like 4

Helped DH put furniture back where it belongs in the TV room

Finished the 2nd Grade Syllabus and Welcome Emails, just need to dig out all the email addresses and send them out 

Ate breakfast

Gave DH some junky pencil grips to slice open and use as cord controllers/wraps for wires/cords/etc in the TV room

• Like 4

Okay, added all the contacts to the email, set the new labels for this year, and sent the emails. Realized a parent I thought had registered, hasn't. I will be surprised if she doesn't, but for now, removed her from the label lists. 

DH just learned he has to use the remainder of his vacation days over the course of the next few months, as his company's way of dealing with the downturn w/o furloughing managers. Could be much worse, and if this is all the hit we take, we'll be incredibly grateful. 

About to be lunch time, nap time, and then I'll do lesson plan book stuff. Laundry is, blissfully, caught up except for folding the load from the dryer from last night. 

• Like 4

Not much going on today-I have a sore throat and occasional cough. I had a covid test yesterday, so quarantined until I hear from it. Dh is gone from home 13 hours a day, so I will just stay in another part of the house while he is home. That will work until Monday. Maybe I will know something by then. Anyway, the plan is:

Laundry

Medication

Change out my wallets

Cook dinner in a mask

Water the plants

Not getting much done today-but if I do this it will be more than I did yesterday.

• Like 4

logged fasting bloodsugars

fed Neko and Juliet

premedicated

fed myself

medicated myself

medicated Juliet

logged food, water, and carbs

sent text to friend.  I'm glad that I put that on my original tackle post because I would have forgotten otherwise. . .

sent another text to another friend while I was thinking about it.

PT lower body exercises done

made bed

showered and dressed

brushed teeth

• Like 3

Done with office work for the week. 🎉 Dh is actually working this afternoon, though - he and ds20 are in the middle of a big project.

Started laundry & folded 2 baskets.

Cleaned a bathroom.

Talked to my dad. He dropped off my bday present. (My bday was in May. We usually get together with him and his gf in late May/early June to celebrate, because five of us have birthdays then. We didn't do that this year because of COVID19. We were hoping to be able to go out to eat at some point this summer, but that's not going to happen because things are worse than ever here now.)

Sent ds21 to drop off mail.

Time to tackle my kitchen, switch laundry, and shovel manure. 

• Like 3

Happy Friday!  Lots of client stuff due today.  Focus focus!

Done:

• Woke at 6 to work, fell back asleep, overslept.
  • Kid2 to horse riding & back.
  • Got an electrical inspection done on our jacuzzi enclosure.  Passed.
  • Yoga, a couple planks, and a tiny bit of walking.
  • A little reading.
  • A very small amount of client work.
  • Washed a few dishes.
  • Caught up on calendar, emails, news, social media.
  • Working on coffee 3.

To do:

• Really need to send client work out today!  Several urgent reports at least....
  • Sign my kid up for next week's horse camp.
  • Should try to get bills up to date.
  • Look into whether the kids have summer homework for school?
  • Make the kids practice music, clean up, water plants, shower ....
  • Dinner out.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

One of my friends returned my text with a phone call.  It was nice to talk to her.

And while I was talking to her (which was actually before the shower, so I wasn't dressed yet) someone knocked on the door.  I peeked out the window and saw a guy in what I thought was a shirt with an Amazon logo.  They usually don't knock and wait around so I figured it was something where he really needed to talk to me.  So I threw on a robe and opened the door.  It was a door-to-door salesman (who just had a logo that looked like Amazon's but wasn't) - going door to door during a pandemic! 

Now I'm going to share a salad with the bunnies. 

• Like 3

Got a few things at the grocery and cashed a check. 

Beef for fajitas is in the oven.

I ate lunch, tidied the kitchen, and started a load of laundry. 

Made Ds finish his summer writing assignment and proofread it.

Resting for a bit before tackling more things. I have been too busy lately!

• Like 3

I'm so tired, I took my laundry basket of dirty clothes out to the garbage can and almost dumped them before I caught myself.  I managed to get them down to the washing machine in the laundry room instead!

Did 2/3 of the dishes

Did 2/3 of the filing.

Paid a medical bill.

Now a snack and possibly a nap if my body allows me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can 2020 just be DONE already? Anyway...

For today:
*post my FB Live required for the Holistic Business School i'm enrolled in
*plan a trip to the lake for early morning tomorrow with a friend
*probably take a nap (this heat sucks the wind out of me)
*do some reading
*oh, and I should probably fold the laundry and
*clean up the living room a bit

• Like 4

Hi Scrapbookbuzz!

Our printer is weirding out, so got a neighbor to print a BSA doc Ds needs for tomorrow.

Folded and put away a load of laundry.

Set out all the dinner and told everyone dinner is now. 

Later: 

Get directions to BSA camp 

Set my alarm!  

Shower  

Prep kitchen for early morning b'fast and coffee.  

Read. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Finished a hand-out for orientation in August

Texted a friend to say "I have a question, can I call you?" -- she called me back, and we talked for over an hour!!! It was good. She's a fellow teacher at the co-op, so we discussed masking or not, procedures, balancing kids' mental health with Covid health, etc. I *think* I'm landed at masking for class and just take it off to teach phonics (when the kids will be very distanced) OR finding a clear panel mask (but she and my husband all don't think you can probably breathe in those well, and she doesn't think a face shield is as effective OR less scary to kids).  She also warned me that carpet squares may be a huge hassle with kids playing with them, etc. 

Did not get any of the work done on the lesson plan book, because of the long phone call. 

Did get all the wall decor back up in the TV room, so other than a pile of stuff DH has to go through, it's back to normal after being painted. 

Heading to cook dinner, then sew stuff. 

• Like 3

Got in another walk. I can tell we've slacked off on neighborhood walks bc the dogs nails are getting too long. They were nice and short during the shut down. I have been walking near the pool, during Ds' swim practice this summer.

• Like 2

Well, after weeks of feeling like I was pushing my fibro body to it's brink, stamina wise, it all came crashing down.  Exhaustion has sidelined me.  I have not finished my tackle list or even one of my goals for a goal challenge I'm doing and despite the fact that it kills my very goal oriented self, I am waving the white flag.  I do know when I need to beat a tactical retreat.  I woke up from an exhausted sleep to having a sore throat but that is a common side effect of exhaustion for me.  I don't think that I'm actually sick.  (But it's also very hard for me to know when I'm sick since I feel like I have the flu 24/7.)

• Sad 2