Menu

Best Indoor High Energy Preschool Exhauster?

Paige

I need something to wear out my 2yr old indoors while I work with the older kids.He already has a climbing thing and slide, but he wants me to play with him if he’s on it. 

He’s really sweet but he’s literally bouncing off the walls. I was thinking maybe a sit and spin or a trampoline? I’m open to anything. He’s not going to be exhausted with crafts or toy cars or figures. He’s a thrill seeker and loves to jump, climb, spin, roll, and run.

My little girls could be entertained for hours with coloring books and my little ponies, but that’s not going to work with. this little one.

I can’t just wait for him to nap.

We would try and get outside right in the morning and get some energy out and then I could get something done with the older kids because the young one would be more happy to play inside.   It helps the older ones get a workout before school work too.  

We have had a trampoline, bounce house, and a water table inside.  Oh we have had a bounce horse and a step 2 roller coaster inside too.  We have lots of tumbling mats inside too.   Oh we have also had a climber and slide and motorized ride ons.  And we had bikes inside too.

We did rotating sensory bins too

Would he do a dance or gymnastics class on line?  My youngest has been doing some little kid free ones on YouTube.  

ABTots virtual ballet classes

Little gym UK for gymnastics

How about a show? We he sit for that?

Edited by mommyoffive

A trampoline. And if you have the room, not just a tiny one, but something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Clevr-Trampoline-Enclosure-Outdoor-Birthday/dp/B01N5IH3MS/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=little+tikes+trampoline&qid=1594239616&sr=8-9

They weren't that expensive when we bought ours, but it has been a lifesaver. My kids love to fill it with balls and throw them around. My 6 year old still jumps on it. 

Mini-tramp. (with a handlebar for the really young.) You can even get them with netted sides (and buy plastic balls for a ball pit.)  My dd bought one used for my grandson.  It's in their playroom.  I'm really really tempted to get balls to throw in there too . . . . 

See the source image

if you have a basement/garage with available rafters - you can hang a glider.  (we did that when our older kids were young.)

We made something like this out of wood.  Picture to show what I'm talking about.

See the source image

I rotated lesson with my 2 school aged kids so one would have a break to play with the preschooler while I worked with the other.  Afternoon wasn't an issue when I had combined lessons, preschooler was ready to play by himself or do his "school" independently.     

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lynn said:

I rotated lesson with my 2 school aged kids so one would have a break to play with the preschooler while I worked with the other.  Afternoon wasn't an issue when I had combined lessons, preschooler was ready to play by himself or do his "school" independently.     

This was the only way I survived toddlerhood.    If you have a yard, can you move school outside?