Menu

8 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

There is no SUPPOSED increase in positives. There is an actual increase in spread in most of the states unrelated to testing.

I think something a lot of people who are upset about the increase in testing may not be realizing, is that the more you test, the better it makes your statistics. Sure, you show more cases, but the percent positivity goes down the more you catch as does the death rate. When the standard is that the percent positive has to be below 5% in order to have certain things open, the more people you test, the greater denominator and the more that percent positive is going to be driven down. Of course, this also has the more important effect of reducing spread, but for people who are concerned about the optics of the numbers, more tests make things look better, not worse.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our society needs kids to be in school.  Our economy sure as hell needs kids in school full time.  Many kids need to be in school, for a wide variety of reasons.   But kids in school is only safe

From my perspective, because of what they've done, crap upon crap happens. Obviously the pandemic itself was out of everyone's control.  But as we have seen around the world, a population's behav

Okay, we can compare the states of the US to the countries of the European Union, and the whole EU to the US.  It's got an even higher population, and it doesn't have a more centralized government tha

Posted Images

One of my friends who teaches middle school band has a few people making "masks" to fit over instrument bells (basically drawstring bags out of multiple layers of cotton with room to add an shop towel filter as well) for each of her students. She hopes it helps at least some. She is hoping that since they are doing lunch in homerooms that she can move to the cafeteria, where she could spread her students out more, too. 

I am doing just percussion for my general music classes, with each child having their own set of instruments, so my students can be masked the entire time, and we won't be singing. 

• Like 1

We got some details (such as they are) about the youth wind symphony my 11th grader is auditioning for (he wants to be a clarinet performance major, and it's not a great time to want that). They're offering either virtual or in person (with distancing, masks if you're not playing) auditions and then:

The second phase involves rehearsals, first in smaller divided groupings and moving toward the full ensemble, in highly modified playing environments that account for distancing and reduction of aerosol projection by wind instrument musicians. Watch for updates about this schedule, which will notbe immediately following auditions.

I hope they can figure out something that feels safe....at least by next semester (I'm pretty much resigned to writing this one off--I'd be totally okay with it if I knew things would look better after New Year's). He's homeschooled, so he doesn't have a school band to worry about; the other youth orchestra he plays with has already said no rehearsals until further notice. 

18 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Ok, I'm missing something, lol. How are they playing say, wind instruments, or brass, while masked?

Marching band involves much more than the music. :) They are learning formations, techniques, and dance moves. They do conditioning, too. Drill is added, then music eventually.

Thus far through Day 2, they are working from early, early morning until noon. Yesterday's weather was bearable. Today's was muggy and hot from the start. Ugh. DD reported that wearing masks outside sucked but was manageable. She just disliked running in them. Regular drill would have been OK. Masks inside while working out have been totally fine.

For rehearsing music, the brass are using "socks" on their bells. Each instrument is working in small sectionals outside in shaded areas spread as far apart as possible, pointing instruments away from each other. They are allowed to play inside in the small sections so I guess each section will become a micro-pod of sorts.

DD reported that thus far the kids are trying really hard to protect themselves and each other as much as possible. This particular group is very motivated to stay healthy and perform. They were supposed to go the Grand Nationals this fall (canceled). They had an incredible show last year that earned them a fierce reputation for excellence within the band community. I really hope for their sake for many reasons their efforts are not in vain.

Their temps are being scanned before they enter the building which I don't think is required but just an added precaution by the directors. Maybe it is required for summer band?

Side note--Drill team is also at school right now and is not wearing their masks while actively working out inside. Both drill and the football players are reportedly very loose in the halls when not working out--no masks to be seen. I'm thankful that the band directors are being strict about it as least.

I tend to be more of a realist and won't be surprised when it this all blows up despite their best efforts.

The schools, admin, and teachers are between a rock and a hard place. As are students and parents. Blech!

Edited by aggie96
  • Like 2

Ah! I should have realized! I was in Flag Corps for two years, and we practiced with the marching band. And yup, those early practices had little if any actual music. Mostly conditioning, learning how to find our spot on the field, basics. 

Welp, school started in two counties near me yesterday, and word is one second grade class is already being quarantined for 2 weeks. Day 2. The pictures that people were posting yesterday were horrifying: crowded hallways, giant groups of maskless kids posing for photos with their arms around each other, a classroom with 20+ kids, less than half with masks, desks MAYBE a foot apart. I hope parents remember when schools shut back down that it's because they weren't doing ANYTHING to try to stop it (not that I think there's much they COULD do with numbers where they are here....but maybe they could have made it two weeks instead of two days?)

• Sad 3

Our schools are supposed to start in 8 days, and a teacher I talked to yesterday said that they don't even know who will teach virtual and who will teach in person yet. District administration tossed it to the principals, at least some of the principals don't want to decide so they told the teachers to sort it out themselves (each grade deciding). 

Someone who works at the school board just told me that the stack of resignations is twice as high as the stack of new hires. 

I just don't see how it's going to work. 

• Sad 3

Tulsa Public School district just announced Virtual only for first 9 weeks.  There will be some small group exceptions for mostly special ed students.  I see no 'good' answer to all of this.  I feel so sorry for parents who work and have to now work out child care for their littles or worry about their olders being home all day alone.  I never liked to leave my ds alone all day even when he was plenty old enough to stay alone.  

• Sad 2

Ohio governor just made masks mandatory in schools for grades K through 12.  Yay!  Now if the small private school that we are sending my 16yods to will follow the mandate I will be happy.  I'm not expecting it and fully expecting I may need to break his heart over this one 😞  I was willing to let him go with teacher's wearing masks and optional for students as that was in agreement with the state rules but if they choose to not enforce we'll have a major problem. 

• Like 1

We’ve already had two teachers test positive at a local school that started last week. They’re not even shutting down, just supposedly deep cleaning after they find out. 

At a different school, the doctor put the wrong return to school date on the form for a student who had tested positive. So, he showed up and attended but wasn’t actually cleared.

We have a large district starting tomorrow and two more next week.

It’s such a mess!

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, square_25 said:

They really don't seem to be doing masks in school here, which is... disappointing. Only masks when unable to socially distance, which isn't going to work. 

At least state-wide, that's true. I should take a look at the NYC guidelines. Anyone perused them? 

NJ just updated the orders to be masks AND social distancing required.   It was masks when unable to distance, now both are expected.   Anyone who wants to will be allowed to go virtually as well.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, square_25 said:

As a mathematician, here's what concerns me about opening schools. Right now, at least a few places have had a decrease in infection partially because some clusters just... burned out. Think some of the high infection areas in NYC and in other parts of the Northeast. At this point, things are in a kind of tenuous equilibrium there. 

However, when you reopen schools, you form ENTIRELY new clusters of people. That is, if you create a graph of people (people here are points, and lines between points show connections), then the connections change RADICALLY when you send kids back to school. Families that have had no interaction for half a year now have a way to infect each other. 

That means that there are going to be relatively untouched pockets of society that COVID did not yet ravage that will have it introduced into them. (For example, I would say that in NYC, much of Manhattan was spared due to its wealth.) And these pockets will not have rate of transmission cut at all, so the spread will again be exponential. 

Anyway, it's a mess. I look at fall with foreboding. 

THIS is what I'm so worried about.  Just because our numbers are relatively low doesn't mean it's not going to get in to the schools in no time and spread like wildfire.  My brother is a high school teacher, his wife works with him at the school and has MS, and my best friend is also a teacher - I'm really concerned for them (and everyone else!).  I'm hoping that by the time we're supposed to start up (later here than the rest of the country) it will be clear that it's a bad idea to open in person and they backtrack and go online...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

Tulsa Public School district just announced Virtual only for first 9 weeks.  There will be some small group exceptions for mostly special ed students.  I see no 'good' answer to all of this.  I feel so sorry for parents who work and have to now work out child care for their littles or worry about their olders being home all day alone.  I never liked to leave my ds alone all day even when he was plenty old enough to stay alone.  

Scarlett, do you by chance know if Broken Arrow is virtual as well? SIL works as a preschool teacher in the district and as far as she and my in laws are concerned life is Back To Normal so it’s hard for us to get real information from any of them. 

1 hour ago, katilac said:

Our schools are supposed to start in 8 days, and a teacher I talked to yesterday said that they don't even know who will teach virtual and who will teach in person yet. District administration tossed it to the principals, at least some of the principals don't want to decide so they told the teachers to sort it out themselves (each grade deciding). 

Someone who works at the school board just told me that the stack of resignations is twice as high as the stack of new hires. 

I just don't see how it's going to work. 

The kicker for me is that ALL of this could have been avoided if 1) the powers that be didn’t drink the kool aid and 1b) the PTB were honest with themselves and the public. But instead we have an entire nation needlessly anxious and practically paralysed because they didn’t get their sh..t together and allow teachers to fully plan for the virtual year we are going to have, but instead jerked them around with their “we'll just have three plans that we'll change without warning!” BS leaving Teachers, students and parents in an impossible situation. 😞 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
37 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Scarlett, do you by chance know if Broken Arrow is virtual as well? SIL works as a preschool teacher in the district and as far as she and my in laws are concerned life is Back To Normal so it’s hard for us to get real information from any of them. 

During the Tulsa press conference today they mentioned that BA had not yet made a firm decision.  

Edited to add--their website has a complicated looking 're-entry plan'....red zone means distance learning for minimum of 14 days.  I am not sure if BA is currently in a red zone but I bet it is.  I am hopeful they will follow Tulsa's lead.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JanOH said:

Ohio governor just made masks mandatory in schools for grades K through 12.  Yay!  Now if the small private school that we are sending my 16yods to will follow the mandate I will be happy.  I'm not expecting it and fully expecting I may need to break his heart over this one 😞  I was willing to let him go with teacher's wearing masks and optional for students as that was in agreement with the state rules but if they choose to not enforce we'll have a major problem. 

Did you see the list of exceptions? I thought it was a little broad vs. just having the kids it applies to get documentation from a physician. 

13 hours ago, kbutton said:

Did you see the list of exceptions? I thought it was a little broad vs. just having the kids it applies to get documentation from a physician. 

I saw that but I thought it was a good idea.  The way people have been over-reacting to so many of the orders, I think it was a way to preclude all of the "but what about" stuff that usually goes on.  I think that if they didn't list those exceptions, the questions from the press would have been all about situations where kids couldn't wear a mask.  Plus, this keeps all of these kids from needing to have a drs. visit in order to be exempt.  

Florida teacher's union is suing to stop the state from forcing schools to open. (note, the hearing about this is virtual, as the courts don't feel it is safe to have in person hearings) https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/florida-education-association-lawsuit-school-reopening/67-ff826cf7-049a-4dd7-8728-22bf6ba96b49?fbclid=IwAR1iUxxGSj_cpjNWayS7vlil8FKNdbqgFtEc48WyytfJZ6b3P_InrMyjwUM

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
51 minutes ago, JanOH said:

I saw that but I thought it was a good idea.  The way people have been over-reacting to so many of the orders, I think it was a way to preclude all of the "but what about" stuff that usually goes on.  I think that if they didn't list those exceptions, the questions from the press would have been all about situations where kids couldn't wear a mask.  Plus, this keeps all of these kids from needing to have a drs. visit in order to be exempt.  

I think some kind of list is helpful. I just think it's too broad--not all kids with ASD have a problem wearing masks, for instance. The list will end up being a way for people in my area to get out of masking even if it's not a problem for them vs. being used when their individual child has an actual problem. We already have a sheriff around here encouraging people to claim they have a health issue since "they can't ask" about your health issue (which I guess is a gross oversimplification of how it works for people with disabilities also).

• Like 2

Did you all see the picture from a hallway in a GA high school? That's my nightmare! I wonder how many parents will pull their kids out today. I don't want to post pictures here, but you can just google Georgia high school hallway or something and it will be on top. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
49 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I think some kind of list is helpful. I just think it's too broad--not all kids with ASD have a problem wearing masks, for instance. The list will end up being a way for people in my area to get out of masking even if it's not a problem for them vs. being used when their individual child has an actual problem. We already have a sheriff around here encouraging people to claim they have a health issue since "they can't ask" about your health issue (which I guess is a gross oversimplification of how it works for people with disabilities also).

Yeah, the "get out of masking" vibe is strong here.  People ignore the law, ignore signs, ignore employees asking them to mask.  The state has mandated that all students must wear masks on buses and in "public" areas of the school and that grades 6+ must wear masks at all times. 

One local school district has already announced that it will only be accepting exemptions from doctors, and that parents will not be allowed to exempt their own children.  They have stated that any student not masking appropriately will be sent home.  I think it is unlikely they will be able to maintain that level of enforcement long, but I also doubt that in person school is going to last for long, so it will probably be a moot point.

• Sad 2

My guess is that the list won't be a "get out of mask free" card since most of those conditions would entitle a child to a 504 or IEP. I doubt parent DX will be enough. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, JanOH said:

Just to follow up.  Private school sent out a message today saying that they will enforce mandatory masks for all students in the school.  I'm relieved!  I was really fearful that it was going to be an issue.  Just ordered my teen some masks with the logo of his favorite NBA team on it and he's actually excited about them!  They were way over-priced but if it makes wearing the masks more fun, I'm all for it.  

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Paige said:

Did you all see the picture from a hallway in a GA high school? That's my nightmare! I wonder how many parents will pull their kids out today. I don't want to post pictures here, but you can just google Georgia high school hallway or something and it will be on top. 

I saw it. Looks like a normal high school hallway. I don’ know why people can’t understand that normal isn’t going to work right now. 

• Like 8
35 minutes ago, pitterpatter said:

Our school's drill team is sending girls door to door with order forms to sell insulated metal cups decorated with the school's mascot to round up funds for uniforms. 🤔

Our football and cheer teams have been having car washes every weekend to raise money. Masks looked sporadic and tents for food sharing. 🙃

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Paige said:

Yep, this is what the hallways will look like.  This is what they always look like.  This.is.not.a.surprise.  

I do not get the magical thinking that high school kids can change classrooms in any kind of socially distanced manner...

• Like 9

County north of me (not the one with the hallway picture in question, but I saw plenty of similar pictures from it) now has three schools with kids and/or whole classrooms quarantined. On day 3. The first two were elementary schools and they quarantined classroom plus teacher; newest one is a middle school and they're just quarantining individual students who had contact. I wondered how they were going to handle high school and middle school and apparently it's just by deciding in a classroom together for an hour doesn't count as exposure like it does in elementary school.  

• Sad 4

Reopening picture is worse than it looks...

Buzzfeed article, fwiw. Except below...it’s criminal, IMO 

James’s parents saw the photograph that had been circulating Tuesday and told him, “You are not going back to school again,” he said. But a few hours later, his mother had spoken to the school and was told that students who “chose not to go to school” could face suspension or expulsion.

On Wednesday, he went back to school. “I had no choice,” he said.

• Sad 10
Just now, Paige said:

Reopening picture is worse than it looks...

Buzzfeed article, fwiw. Except below...it’s criminal, IMO 

James’s parents saw the photograph that had been circulating Tuesday and told him, “You are not going back to school again,” he said. But a few hours later, his mother had spoken to the school and was told that students who “chose not to go to school” could face suspension or expulsion.

On Wednesday, he went back to school. “I had no choice,” he said.

Why can't they disenroll to homeschool like basically anywhere else in the US? That's not criminal anywhere, AFAIK.

• Like 1
Just now, square_25 said:

They might not want to? 

Then I'm confused by the quote of her saying that she doesn't want him to go back to school again.

1 minute ago, EmseB said:

Why can't they disenroll to homeschool like basically anywhere else in the US? That's not criminal anywhere, AFAIK.

I’m sure they could but it may not prevent the suspension or expulsion being on their record: https://edlaw4students.blogspot.com/2011/06/can-parent-withdraw-student-or-move.html?m=1

It’s a difficult issue for upperclassmen who are in the college application game. I’d have pulled my kids if they were there, but not everyone is able to do that.

They shouldn’t be forced into that situation and they shouldn’t have limited the spots for virtual school. 

• Like 4

Well, not while things are like this she doesn't. I think they wanted to sign up for virtual schooling but didn't get in. 

How does one not get in to virtual school? Doesn't some iteration of k12 operate everywhere? Even so, she has the legal right to disenroll her kid whatever the case may be.

3 minutes ago, square_25 said:

Well, not while things are like this she doesn't. I think they wanted to sign up for virtual schooling but didn't get in. 

Right. The virtual option is full and has a waitlist....so the only option is to pull kids and homeschool. Which is not really the easiest thing to figure out on the fly at the last second, particularly for a high school kid. I mean...I've been homeschooling for 14 years, and I'm pretty confident about it, but I still wouldn't want to have to come up with a plan for a year of high school with no notice (and presumably while working full time).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The county only had so many spots allocated to virtual school. Not everyone could get in and they can’t switch now. 

In my state anyone can sign up for virtual and you can switch to it at any time.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Paige said:

I’m sure they could but it may not prevent the suspension or expulsion being on their record: https://edlaw4students.blogspot.com/2011/06/can-parent-withdraw-student-or-move.html?m=1

It’s a difficult issue for upperclassmen who are in the college application game. I’d have pulled my kids if they were there, but not everyone is able to do that.

They shouldn’t be forced into that situation and they shouldn’t have limited the spots for virtual school. 

But millions of people are being forced into that situation, no? I'm not being obtuse on purpose, I truly don't understand what the mom wants if she doesn't want to do school at home and she doesn't want her kid physically in the school and resources for virtual school are limited. I mean parents who both work and have to do virtual are between a rock and a hard place too, right?

2 minutes ago, Paige said:

The county only had so many spots allocated to virtual school. Not everyone could get in and they can’t switch now. 

In my state anyone can sign up for virtual and you can switch to it at any time.

There is a statewide virtual school in Georgia, but I know registration starts in March or April, and fall classes might have already started. I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an option to sign up now--they would have to know numbers in advance to have enough teachers and all that.

3 minutes ago, EmseB said:

But millions of people are being forced into that situation, no? I'm not being obtuse on purpose, I truly don't understand what the mom wants if she doesn't want to do school at home and she doesn't want her kid physically in the school and resources for virtual school are limited. I mean parents who both work and have to do virtual are between a rock and a hard place too, right?

It sounds like she was expecting the school to have better safety protocols in place....not to send her kid to school hours after finding out about an outbreak on the football team and then have a picture from the packed hallway make the national news on the first day. Perhaps that was naive of her. I.e. if she'd known it would be like that she would have made different plans while there was still time to plan.

Edited by kokotg
  • Like 2

Nobody in my state is forced into that choice. Nobody in my home state is either. 

Masks are optional- they could be mandatory. They didn’t have to limit the virtual spots. It’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kokotg said:

There is a statewide virtual school in Georgia, but I know registration starts in March or April, and fall classes might have already started. I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an option to sign up now--they would have to know numbers in advance to have enough teachers and all that.

That’s probably because GVA is pretty good. Our state has gone with something that’s like edgenuity. They could have added something like that as a choice when they saw demand was high. 

31 minutes ago, square_25 said:

Oh boy. And of course, high school and middle school students are the ones who spread it BEST. And they are going to be stuck in small rooms with recycled air for hours. 

This is going to be bad. 

Yep.  And totally, completely predictable.  

• Like 2

DS finally got his schedule sorted and his councillor  mentioned that they won’t be going back in person this semester. The school board votes tonight but she seemed to already know.

After the ACT fiasco yesterday, at least today he got some good news. Let’s hope she’s right. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, square_25 said:

People: "But we WAAAANT it to work." 

Like we tell DD8, "And I want a pony." 

Yup. I keep saying people are acting like spoiled toddlers. "But I WANT it!" Is what I hear from my 3 yr old. Not what should be the thought process of grown adults. 

1 hour ago, Matryoshka said:

Yep, this is what the hallways will look like.  This is what they always look like.  This.is.not.a.surprise.  

I do not get the magical thinking that high school kids can change classrooms in any kind of socially distanced manner...

The article says they don't think it can spread in a few minutes in the hallways. Which is totally ridiculous. Viral load means that yes, just speaking to ONE person for 3 minutes is unlikely to spread it. But in a few feet of dozens/hundreds of people is totally different! Not to mention any one of those kids could sneeze, transmitting more than enough viral load to spread it in less than a second. Idiots. And this idiocy is coming from education professionals! Anyone that dumb and lacking in common sense shouldn't be qualified to be in charge of anyone's education. 

• Like 6

It won't spread in a few minutes in the hallway, probably, but it may very well hang around in the air for long enough that infection happens. It's a small enclosed space with lots of kids. What do you expect?? 

Well, and I'm not believing that being in say, 4 feet of many kids is the same as being in 4 feet distance of ONE person. especially if they are speaking very loudly/yelling - which I remember being the case because you are trying to be heard over everyone else. Or like I said, a sneeze that is within a few feet of multiple kids, in that situation. It's idiotic. 

• Like 2

Speaking of dumb...our health department has at the very top of its website, "No gatherings more than 10 people" and to avoid crowds. 

How on EARTH does that square with reopening schools???? Classes will all have more than 10 people (I'm hearing 20 from the teachers in my area, on average), and you SEE the crows in that photo!

ARe that they convinced there is magic pixie dust in schools that makes the health department requirements not matter?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kokotg said:

County north of me (not the one with the hallway picture in question, but I saw plenty of similar pictures from it) now has three schools with kids and/or whole classrooms quarantined. On day 3. The first two were elementary schools and they quarantined classroom plus teacher; newest one is a middle school and they're just quarantining individual students who had contact. I wondered how they were going to handle high school and middle school and apparently it's just by deciding in a classroom together for an hour doesn't count as exposure like it does in elementary school.  

I'm just curious about how you know this. Is the media reporting it? Is it leaking out on social media? Is the school making announcements?

I get the sense in my area that I won't really know if there have been cases in the schools, unless my kids are directly affected. Or, of course, if they have to notify everyone that the school has to shut down. For example, there was a case within the group trying out for cheerleading, and I only know, because DD was trying out for cheer, and we got a notification.

45 minutes ago, kokotg said:

Right. The virtual option is full and has a waitlist....so the only option is to pull kids and homeschool. Which is not really the easiest thing to figure out on the fly at the last second, particularly for a high school kid. I mean...I've been homeschooling for 14 years, and I'm pretty confident about it, but I still wouldn't want to have to come up with a plan for a year of high school with no notice (and presumably while working full time).

Nationwide, lawsuits against employers by families whose loved ones died after getting exposed to COVID on the job have started. This is expected to become a class action lawsuit. Similarly, if the parents who are offended and aghast at the lack of protection for their kids during a raging pandemic get together and sue the school districts and local departments of education for lack of safety and risk of death, there will be much better handling of the situation, even in states where the governors are anti-masking. We are, after all, a highly litigious country and this is when that helps in protecting the rights of kids.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

I'm just curious about how you know this. Is the media reporting it? Is it leaking out on social media? Is the school making announcements?

I get the sense in my area that I won't really know if there have been cases in the schools, unless my kids are directly affected. Or, of course, if they have to notify everyone that the school has to shut down. For example, there was a case within the group trying out for cheerleading, and I only know, because DD was trying out for cheer, and we got a notification.

The school that quarantined yesterday has been on the national and local news (it's Sixes Elementary in Cherokee County, Georgia). The others are from today, so I've seen them reported on social media, including from parents who were contacted because their kids were affected. The county has a page to report cases, but they're only planning to update it every Friday. I went to school in the county and have a number of facebook friends who are still involved in the school system there one way or another, so I hear what goes on there pretty quickly. And I'm following it pretty closely (obsessively?) since my husband teaches one county over.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, square_25 said:

It won't spread in a few minutes in the hallway, probably, but it may very well hang around in the air for long enough that infection happens. It's a small enclosed space with lots of kids. What do you expect?? 

I've seen pictures from inside the classrooms, too (not from the same school, but from lots of schools that started this week)....they're not distancing at all in there, either, and plenty of kids without masks. The school that has a 2nd grade class quarantined already had an album of 45 pictures on their facebook page (they finally took it down), with tons of pictures of kids close together without masks and even one picture of 4 staff members right next to each other and only 2 of them wearing masks (over their noses, anyway). And staff ARE supposed to be required to wear masks, and they're still posting pictures of staff members without them publicly. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3