Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Good morning! Lots to today because we leave town in the morning on vacation with dd. She was able to switch her schedule around! I probably won't be on the board too much the next week, but I'll try to check in. I hope you all have a great week. 

Done: coffee, bible study groups

To Do:

• meals
  • laundry
  • clean house
  • place Melaleuca order
  • prep more for tutoring session (student just told me her test covers the entire year of material not just the semester's work she's been doing this summer)
  • get things together for a gift basket from our Sunday School class
  • deliver basket
  • go to student's house to tutor
  • ds' girlfriend is coming over for dinner
  • pack for trip
  • take cat food to neighbor that will feed Callie for us while we're gone
  • walk if weather and time permits
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• fill hummingbird feeder
  • do outside chores early & keep horses cool (Heat Advisory today)
  • let dogs out early to play, so they can lounge in the A/C all afternoon
  • office work - bills & finances
  • declutter a pile of paperwork & notebooks
  • order more fly spray
  • also swat flies in the house - yuck
  • vacuum something
  • dinner: pasta bar with spinach ravioli, kohlrabi spirals, shaved Brussels sprouts, roasted cauliflower & broccoli, kale pesto & marinara
  • Like 4

Amy  @mom31257, do you mask when you tutor the student at her house?  I keep debating with the 4 yr old. We're doing (very light) phonics, so it's hard to do so and still enunciate clearly, her see my mouth, etc. I mostly sit in a chair a safe distance from her desk, but we do get down on the floor some to work a sticker atlas. I'm thinking I'm going to start masking when we're up close, for sure.  Just wondering what you've been doing, how it's been working, etc. 

• Like 3

Hey everyone!! I've been slacking, and today is the day to do better. The plan:

Devotions

Bible Study tonight

Go check out classroom

Transfer money

Call about prescriptions

Clean bathrooms

Exercise

Weed

Buy mulch so I won't have to weed so much

Work on deep clean in kitchen

Eat healthy food

• Like 4

Good morning, everyone!

Well, today my list has various things. Been sidetracked by looking at our state guidelines for schools opening; oof. 

So, the actual list:
...coffee
...write the emails that have been on the list the last 2 days
...work on the Lesson Plan book
...work on Christmas trees for the quilt
...work on laundry
...lunch: leftovers
...dinner: Meal Kit stuff (we were blessed with a surprise gift of a neighbor's Meal Kit, which she cancelled, but showed up anyway, and she's on vacation, so we got it)
...search for clear face shield &/or clear panel face mask that I can use while teaching 
...anything else that might get done

• Like 3

Wednesday: Here we go a-tackling!

So maybe a library book attacked and compelled me to sit on the couch for a significant part of the afternoon. 😕 But the day's not over!

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 4

Good morning! Day 5 of no wifi at my house. Close to our limit on data now too. I'm at the pool, using their wifi while ds' practice finishes up.

Done:

Boy to pool, pick up milk, drop off tomatoes and blueberries for mom.

To do:

Get boy and milk home.  

Tutor three students  

Do some computer work at the learning center.  

Figure out dinner

AHG things

Read.

Walk tonight? Too hot and no time now.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Jean, when is camp and what CV modifications do you have to make?

Dinner is chili mac, corn on the cob, wax beans and green salad. Corn and beans are done, main dish is simmering. Dd is making the salad. 

Folding laundry while I wait for the food to cook.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Jean, when is camp and what CV modifications do you have to make?

Dinner is chili mac, corn on the cob, wax beans and green salad. Corn and beans are done, main dish is simmering. Dd is making the salad. 

Folding laundry while I wait for the food to cook.

Camp is at the end of August. We’re actually not 100% certain it will go forward. We need one final government approval. 

- each cabin eats and socializes together.  No mixing. (Which will be hard). 

- I am providing masks, temperate checks, health monitoring. The camp we rent provides extra cleaning, extra care in meals (ie. Meals provided in take out containers ). 

-  other than sleeping, everything is outdoors. 

still working out some other details. 

• Like 3

Started laundry. 

Wrote the K & 1st welcome email and edited their syllabus to send out. Realized I haven't compiled my contact list of new parents for the email, so didn't actually send, but it's done. 

Need to sit and do the 2nd grade syllabus so that I can then send theirs tomorrow, too. The email is identical (just change K/1st/2nd in appropriate places), and the syllabus uses the same format, but I need to input all of the 2nd grade info. That can be tomorrow's job. 

Went with DH to get paint for the next project. 

Researched masks for school. Realized how much more research I need to do on whether any of this is even effective given we're sharing indoor air for 3 hours. Realized I need to also take that into consideration for DS as we decide to send him back or not also. 

Had lunch. 

Took a nap (fighting a mild sinus headache). 

Sorted my newly arrived scissors into the newly sorted school packs of stuff. 

Realized I also need to work on my hand-out for orientation in August, detailing all of the other stuff that's too long for the welcome email. 

Going to look over tomorrow's tutoring stuff and prep anything that needs it, then be done for now. Next up, dinner, then work on the Christmas Trees while everyone does their own thing after dinner (it's church night via zoom for DS15; DH is taking DS19 driving; DS22 will be on his own doing whatever, I will sew and watch TV).(The guys will "video game" after driving). 

• Like 3

Just got done feeding the horses and now I'm cooling down for a few minutes before I start dinner.

Today just seemed to fly by and I didn't get a whole lot done.

Only did a minimal amount of office work. I need to buckle down tomorrow!

Did a little laundry.

Read the local papers to dh while he worked.

Ordered fly spray.

Remembered I needed to schedule another vet appt., so I did that.

Unpacked UPS/FedEx boxes.

Gave the horses a bath midday. The bugs are driving them crazy.

I swatted flies in the house. They like to congregate on our front porch for some reason, and every time the door is opened (which is like 100x/day because of the dogs), they fly in. Ugh!

Dug around in the freezer and found some veggie meatballs, so we're having those with dinner.

• Like 3

Wiped down the counters, stove and microwave.

Folded and put away one load of laundry

Unpacked animal supplies and put out cat traps (boxes).  The cat was having fun sitting in each one.

Went to go on errands and discovered that my car's battery is dead.  "Stole" dh's car.

Grocery shopping done.  This was an emergency because I was out of chocolate!

Pet store done.  Pets seem to take up an inordinate amount of my time and money. . . .

Put away groceries etc.

I cheated and got stuff from the deli for supper. 

• Like 3

Deli food is not cheating! It is an excellent tactic for feeding people when you are tired! 😉

Dh cleaned up the kitchen. ❤️

AHG Board meeting done. Zoom, zoom , zooma - zoom. 
Two potential families contacted. 

Snack.

Time for bed and a book. 

• Like 3

FINISHED!! making the Christmas trees for the quilt project! Yay!! Now I need to decide - applique' those onto the quilt, *then* make the other stuff I hope to have time to add?? Or make the other stuff, and then hope I have time to get it all on the quilt by deadline (18th)??? 

Also folded both loads of laundry from today, yay!! 

Had a glass of wine, watched TV with DH, heading to bed now. 

Oh, dinner was good; we made the 3 "meals" that came in our neighbor's box, and that was hilarious and fun and good. So we had 2 servings of each thing, to share between the 5 of us; DH had the kids pick from the 3 and then we took our choice from what they didn't pick. Worked out well. The hilarity was in trying to cook 3 recipes all at once (all of the protein was in the oven at the same temp, so that part was easy, but doing 3 vegetables, 3 ways....hilarious). 

Anyway, 'night, y'all! 

Jean, I hope the food poisoning stays mild and improves very, very, very soon. 

• Like 2