Menu

If you need to watch a tear-jerker, watch “Remember Me”.  It’s an older movie, but new to me.  Wasn’t expecting it to be one based on the guide’s description.

Have you watched any tear-jerkers lately?

Well, I cried a lot in Hamilton when we watched it this weekend!

Otherwise, of all things, Armageddon is the movie I cry the most in. I'm a daddy's girl and that movie kills me. 

Well, I cry during a LOT of movies, which my kids hate. We somewhat recently watched The Art of Racing in the Rain, which was billed as a heartwarming family movie.  The children were not pleased by by movie choice or my stifled sobs...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Karen A said:

Well, I cry during a LOT of movies, which my kids hate. We somewhat recently watched The Art of Racing in the Rain, which was billed as a heartwarming family movie.  The children were not pleased by by movie choice or my stifled sobs...

This is me, although my kids don't (yet) hate it. 

A couple of older ones I always cry during are Lonesome Dove (I usually need to excuse myself and have a real cry in private for this one) and Out of Africa. 

But, really, anything. 

• Like 1

We watched The Best Years of Our Lives about three WWII vets returning to the US and trying to readjust. Made in 1946. 7 Oscars. Bawled my eyes out. All my kids watched it; my 4 and 9 year-olds connected with Homer (lost both his hands). There is a lot of drunkenness in the movie that floored my older kids.

Emily

Steel Magnolias. I’ve seen that movie so many times, but the waterworks start every time I see Sally Field walk down that hospital hall with that look on her face. 

Sigh.

I love that movie.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, school17777 said:

I have never watched that.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I can't pass up the opportunity to highly recommend the 7 minute opening scene of Up!

• Like 1