Menu

"game"ideas--group, socially distant, in person

sbgrace

This is kind of personal. Please don't quote, as I will likely edit.

A sibling of mine put a child up for adoption at birth. That child, now a young adult, had planned to vacation with the extended family (my parents, my siblings and their families, and my family) this summer. That had to be canceled due to COVID, but the YA is flying in for a stay with my sibling's family later this month.  

We are planning an outdoor, socially distanced (6 feet between groups) get together at a state park to meet with this (loved) YA. I've been asked to plan some games, maintaining needed social distance. I've come up with a couple of ideas. I'd like to have a few more in mind so the group has choices, but I'm coming up short. Any ideas?

For info: there will be 18 people--4 families and the YA, but 3 groups that need to maintain distance from each other. There are 7 adults-2 elderly, teens, and 3 elementary aged kids. 

Edited by sbgrace

You might be able to do some fun Would You Rather questions.

That might also be a fun ice breaker for this YA....a very low key way to learn more about the birth family.

Just an aside.....make sure there is some down time for YA to have some privacy if wanted without it looking bad to others or made a big deal of.   I saw that as about 3 years ago I took my girls to meet their birth siblings for the very first time.  All were young adults at the time and had been adopted into 4 different families and never knew each other.  Getting together for a few hours was good.  Then we went out separate ways for some relaxation and down time and met up again later.   Even if it is a good, positive thing, it is still very emotionally taxing, esp for the YA.

• Like 2