Menu

FYI—HAMILTON! Drops tomorrow on Disney+

Sneezyone

8 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I haven't seen it yet---excited to finally see it this weekend.

I hope you’re used to speedy hip hop lyrics! It’s not exactly Twista fast but you gotta have your listening ears on! The lyrical battles are epic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:

I hope you’re used to speedy hip hop lyrics! It’s not exactly Twista fast but you gotta have your listening ears on! The lyrical battles are epic. 

I've seen clips. I think I can keep pace. I just couldn't afford $$$ tickets. They started at close to $300 each here and went up from there. My kids like to eat, iykwim.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I've seen clips. I think I can keep pace. I just couldn't afford $$$ tickets. They started at close to $300 each here and went up from there. My kids like to eat, iykwim.

Oh, I know. I had family tix through a season pass (way cheaper) but couldn’t use them b/c we moved out of the area. Still sad about that. We love live shows. In the end, DH took me locally for Christmas last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, klmama said:

We saw it in Chicago, and I can't wait to see it with the original cast!  The Chicago cast did a nice job, but I didn't really "believe" Hamilton.  I want to see Lin-Manuel Miranda's version.  

In our version it was Burr that I found unconvincing.

1 minute ago, Elfknitter.# said:

I have been waiting. I was considering taking myself for my bday this year, but then Covid happened. 🙄

You best not log in all at once, I don't want to see this.... *LOL*

Disney-Plus-Not-Working.jpg

I’m gonna try to download super early in the am before most West coasters are awake. You know, to do my part, lol.

• Like 1

Looking forward to it. We saw it when it came here on tour last summer (almost exactly a year ago, in fact). DD has the whole thing memorized (and I have the vocal score on my shelf). We bought the full season to get tickets-and by the time the show got here, the season tickets for all three of us cost about the same as a single seat unless you won the lottery. 

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 1

We are so excited!

I need some tech advice... Our internet will be glitchy I'm sure. Is there a way to download and watch later on a MacBook Air? I don't see an option like what is available for ios devices.

Usually we use an hdmi cable to watch from the laptop to the tv if that matters.

I don't want our experience ruined by the buffering circle of death.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dmmetler said:

Looking forward to it. We saw it when it came here on tour last summer (almost exactly a year ago, in fact). DD has the whole thing memorized (and I have the vocal score on my shelf). We bought the full season to get tickets-and by the time the show got here, the season tickets for all three of us cost about the same as a single seat unless you won the lottery. 

This was our experience too. I don't regret the season passes b/c we saw some awesome shows but, yeah, the season passes are what made Hamilton affordable--monthly payments too!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mom2hunangirls said:

We are so excited!

I need some tech advice... Our internet will be glitchy I'm sure. Is there a way to download and watch later on a MacBook Air? I don't see an option like what is available for ios devices.

Usually we use an hdmi cable to watch from the laptop to the tv if that matters.

I don't want our experience ruined by the buffering circle of death.

Yes! You can download it and watch it offline!

Such a big fan! Saw it in Chicago and then got tickets for my Christmas present (like my only real present) for when it came to Atlanta but Covid happened. I listen to the soundtrack about once a week - it is a great workout soundtrack! So excited!!! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pen said:

Is it only available briefly, or can one wait a few days till rush is over?

18 minutes ago, bolt. said:

Is it only available *on* the 3rd, *for* the 3rd -- or is it beginning to be available *from* the 3rd for the next while?

It should be up for awhile.  So far, Disney plus hasn’t been one to put a movie up for just a month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

We are so excited!  My son and I saw it unexpectedly in London last summer.  We weren’t going to see a play, but we saw the marquee coming out of the train station and my son knew it would drive his sister crazy if he saw it first.  Probably should have previewed it before seeing it with a 13yo boy, but oh well. It was tough to keep up with the lyrics, but the experience was amazing.  We were both on the edge of our seats the whole time.  My 17yo daughter now has it memorized. When we realized it was coming out I told her she had to finish up economics before she could watch.  The 7yo has prohibited everyone from singing or listening to anything Hamilton related for the last month so the drought ends tomorrow and she plans to be done with economics tomorrow...we can’t wait 😊 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zoo Keeper said:

I know what I'm (hoping) to do tomorrow while DH is at work!  (he is actually way more musical than I am, but he hates musicals...I married him anyway.)  🙂

Really looking forward to this. 🥳

I didn’t know what to expect walking into the theatre, but it was unlike anything else I have ever seen.  It seems tough to put Hamilton and the Sound of Music into the same bucket even though I love them both.

• Like 2

we. cannot. wait.

Feels like we've been waiting/hoping for this for a decade!!!! So freaking excited!!!

We've all seen it at the theatre at least once - but I pretty much sobbed through the entire thing - it was such a profound experience and I apparently just couldn't handle all those emotions. 😭  lol And when his son died? O.M.G. I could not cope. 😭

The kids are hoping I can hold my crap together since we'll just be watching it at home this time. 😅 But, getting to see the ORIGINAL CAST? Yeah. I don't think the odds are in their favor. 😆

• Like 3

Aww enjoy everyone!  We don’t have Disney and I’ve seen it twice on stage so can’t justify it just for Hamilton.   We actually in theory have touring show tix for later 2021 too with Broadway season tix here.    Go away Covid!   

I saw Chicago and the first touring company.  Both my son and I enjoyed the touring show more and thought that cast had more energy.  Lin Manuel  Miranda is not a singer, so I’ve never had special need to see/hear him.  Sat in on a few too many voice lessons.  😂   It’s ruined a number of things for me.   

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My watch party is over, and what a splendid afternoon it was. I’ve never seen the show live but am very familiar with the soundtrack. So it filled in some gaps for me. My niece, who has the soundtrack memorized, was part of the watch party. She said there was one extra song. I can’t remember what it was (sorry) but I think Laurens was singing it.

I will be floating for the rest of the day, and that is a feeling that has been very rare since mid-March. What a gift Lin-Manuel Miranda has given us.

I plan to watch it again this weekend with DH and DS. 

PS You can only download with the app not through a browser. I had to stream but had no problems.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 5

I watched it first thing this morning but am watching it again now with my peeps. Groff voiced King George III at my local show and was even funnier, mincing steps and all, but still great on film!

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I may be the only person in the US who has never seen anything from the musical, never heard the songs. Oddly, I have zero interest in it. We have Disney, tho, so maybe I’ll try it.

I love musical theater and have taken my peeps as often as I could since they were small. My SIL lives in NYC and entices them to visit with show tix, lol. This is as good as it gets without being there. Turn the volume up, watch on your biggest screen in HD, and make sure it’s dark!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I may be the only person in the US who has never seen anything from the musical, never heard the songs. Oddly, I have zero interest in it. We have Disney, tho, so maybe I’ll try it.

This was me, too. I'm halfway through so far, because my BFF was horrified that I knew nothing of it. Will finish the rest after the boys go to bed.

10 minutes ago, Noreen Claire said:

This was me, too. I'm halfway through so far, because my BFF was horrified that I knew nothing of it. Will finish the rest after the boys go to bed.

I know almost nothing....except that my friends raved bout it.  I have watched less than 2 hours of TV since the shit down in March but this might be worth it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

One F is edited out completely (they silence that small part of the song), one F is trailed off so you don't hear the whole word.  As a Christian, I thought the song with his mistress was incredibly well done and had no problem watching with my DS.  Other words (s---, wh---, etc) are still there.

I stand corrected. 🤣

4 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

I should clarify, I'm assuming that it's an F that's edited out completely.  It's where they talk about going downtown for the girls (I think?).

Y’all:

Lin-Manuel Miranda confirmed that 'Hamilton' will be censoredon Disney Plus: 'I literally gave two f-cks so the kids could see it . . . “

• Like 3
  • Haha 9