Menu

Accountability Thread 6/29-7/4

Morning! I forgot to get this up yesterday. Was up to my ears in reading and getting critique sheets done! Fun, but busy.

Today's schedule:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bed, bath

School: Math, History, Latin, starting back slow, and I need to compile book lists and go shopping this weekend and next. I also need to complete our homeschooling registration, but I think there may be one thing I need to do in town, and I'm kind of dreading it because I don't know that they'll let us keep our masks on if we go to the driver's place. Hopefully, yes. I'll call and find out.

Cooking: Chicken Alfredo, and something sweet. I have food prep that needs doing today.

Writing: 2000 words draft, clear out the last of the Beta work, prep for the next round of Beta work, get ready for Camp NaNoWriMo!

• Like 1

Morning!  We are here.  Mostly! 

Last week was hectic with getting up to speed for my RPG game, and now it is over and the players blew through my plot and we're dangling in a very vague story space.  I have maybe 2-3 weeks max before they blow through even my vague story space and need more world built for them,  and I shouldn't spend all this time on it for much longer so we'll need somebody else to Game Master.  Might end up being DS10, with my help; we'll see who's up for it. 

Today is NOT thinking about my RPG/storyline.  Have a Zoom for some volunteer work this afternoon; need to get us back in school soon.  We could pick up tomorrow with math/Latin/memory work and some reading ... I'd like to figure out a way to get the time I need to build stuff for the RPG while schooling full steam ahead, not sure can do it esp. because I need to catch up to elder DS in math. 

So today: prep for Zoom meeting; keep everybody fed & exercised; plan school for tomorrow and plan time tomorrow to work on the game; round of cleaning. 

• Like 1

Morning! No more work for me this week. All the writing!

Today's goals:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen cleaning

School: light

Cooking: prep work for grilling tomorrow, might fry some chicken strips for later

Writing: Camp NaNoWriMo starts today! I need 2,500 words for one draft, 2,000 for a redraft, and I need to review feedback and redraft a synopsis for a revision. Also doing some personal reading today. I've set myself a goal of completing my draft, a redraft, and a revision in July/August, but I want the revision done by the early part of August, so it will be my focus more than likely.

Extra: send stuff to writer's group, painting and sketching. 

• Like 1

@Critterfixer📣 whoo, NaNoWriMo!!!!! 

Today: rather unstructured so far.  Am distracted, but everybody's fed etcetera and I got a chunk of stuff done for my volunteer work.  This afternoon: housecleaning; fitness for boys, and for me; draft to-do list for next RPG game (both list of stuff to e-mail to my players and my own list for preparation) and spend 30-60" on it; boys have stories tonight; DH & I are getting take-out for "date night".  And it would be great to clean up my summer school plans so that we start working and being effective.  😉 

ETA: last goal: participate in World Anvil's Summer Camp 2020.  Today's prompt/assignment is: Write about a myth or legend relating to a famous, long-lost item in my world.  The target is 300 cogent words

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning!

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: none--off today and tomorrow

Cooking: grilling a pork loin later, peach cobbler, cauliflower

Writing: 3000-4,000 words drafting, revise 3000-4,000, send a long synopsis off to two CPs for plot and pacing, Beta reading, personal reading.

Extra: brave town for pumpkin fertilizer

• Like 1

Morning. 

Today's goals: 

House: laundry, cat boxes, dishes, a little cleaning. 

School-none

Cooking: hamburgers, something with blueberries, possibly a cobbler

Writing: 3,000 to 4000 drafting, 3000 to 4000 revising, personal reading, few critiques 

• Like 1

Morning!  So glad I checked in, esp. because I'd forgotten to plan dinner. 

Dinner: grilled pork or chicken; fresh veggies; some sort of sauce or dip; bread.  We have some plum johnnycake cobblers left from last night -- well, everybody else does; I ate mine just now while I was writing stuff up for my RPG Summer Camp.  😉 

Am a bit behind on my RPG stuff b/c of Other Stuff.  Did submit my first summer camp article, whoo-hoo!  Today: fitness/exercise all around; math, poetry memorization + some poetry writing for boys; clean house a bit; work outdoors; catch up with DH; dinner; draft my next RPG session on the World Anvil site, make sure I have a copy of it on my laptop in case internet goes wonky.