Menu

What's with the ads?

BakersDozen

Help blocking/planning these courses?

My upcoming Senior is a bit...ambitious. Not a bad thing but I could use some input regarding how to fit the classes she wants to take next year into one year. She is wanting:

French III (on-line, full year)
English Lit/Comp IV w/AP exam
Comparative Government and Politics w/(hopeful) AP exam
World Religions (hopefully 1 semester)
Health (1 semester)/Human Anatomy/Physiology (1 semester)
Film History/Appreciation (1 semester - Crash Course...we love Craig!)
Biology (1 semester)/Physics (1 semester - it would be mostly review which she is requesting)

She also has Bible Quiz which is a full "class" load given that she competes at the national level.
She's also expressed interest in Sociology but honestly, I just don't see that happening.
Block scheduling is a definite preference as opposed to each class happening each day.
CC is out of the question due to cost, very low instructor reviews, and probable COVID restrictions/cancellations.

Oh, and she wants to continue with violin which she finally picked up (literally) thanks to all her unexpected free time this spring.

I definitely need help with this one! Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a most excellent AP English Lit source/course, please share!

3 hours ago, BakersDozen said:

I definitely need help with this one! Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a most excellent AP English Lit source/course, please share!

Does she need math? I think Blue Tent has room in their AP Lit class still, but I'm not sure what your budget is for classes.

I think I've got everything. There will likely be some overlap with Anatomy/ Health/ and Biology. It works out to the equivalent of 7 year long classes if you count Bible but not music practice.

SEMESTER 1

SEMESTER 2

AP Lit 

AP Lit 

Health (1 semester)

Human Anatomy/Physiology (1 semester)

Biology Review

Physics Review

Film History/Appreciation

World Religions (hopefully 1 semester)

French 3

French Con’t

Bible Quiz Bible Quiz Con't

Comparative Gov’t 

Gov’t Con’t

Music Practice

Music Con’t

I'm not much help but I wanted to comment that depending on the curriculum (if you use one) there is overlap between health and A&P  so one thing you could do to avoid that duplication is spend that A&P time delving into things like relationship issues/boundaries/dating/body image/etc.  Something specific to her.