Menu

Link to original tEa thread???

happi duck

The original thread was titled, "What the world needs now (Warning OT & Intimate content). . ." I had it bookmarked but when I tried to pull it up I got a 404 error. I did try a google search but had no luck. Perhaps someone with better search skills would have better luck. 

It did not start with an Ambien story. OP was Doran. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

Can you give us some clues about it?

The OP was looking for ways to spice up her homeschool parent/teacher conferences if you take my meaning. Someone brought up that electric devices could speed things up and then someone liken that to a tap in their house that provided instant hot water for a quick cup of tEA. That is the basic gist but it was a 15 page, I think, conversation that covered many aspects of the subject. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

It had to do with carpet removal in a bathtub-- the adhesive was a bit too strong... told by a master story teller-- I hope someone can find a link that works!

oh, I thought that one was a link to a hilarious Amazon review of wax removal for men.  Then we had other people linking to other hilarious Amazon reviews.  That was a fun thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

Help us newbies out!  Share the story.  We want to giggle too!

I thought I bookmarked the original-off to look .I just realized I have been here at least 12 years!  

Mommytofour found it! Thank you !

Edited by mominco
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Thanks for the laugh, and the trip down memory lane.  It was bittersweet to see all those posters who don't come around anymore.  < sniff, sniff>

Ellen I was writing something similar .There are so many old posters there -and some like Nmoira who have sadly passed away.Others posters like Gil-Kalanamak who passed away too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, mominco said:

Ellen I was writing something similar .There are so many old posters there -and some like Nmoira who have sadly passed away.Others posters like Gil-Kalanamak who passed away too.

Kalanamak and I pm'd a few times.  She was a really wise woman.  When she died I made compilation of her posts and sent it to a person who knew her irl to give to her son.  Unfortunately I don't know who that was any more.  I came across the file just this week in an old external hard drive and I've often wondered how things are with "Hubby" and "Kiddo".  Her son would be around 17/18 now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

The carpet removal one I remember was later than the original waxing one. I think the OP was named Sun and she said she was thinking of going to “full carpet removal” for her “Tea-room”. That was another thread abounding in euphemisms. 

• Like 3

Ok, this trip down memory lane has brought up a dilemma.  For all you crunchy moms out there ... have you figured out what to do with that placenta in your deep freeze?  Embarrassed to admit that, 20 years later, I still don't know what to do with it.  No room in my yard for a new tree.  We have a dog who would dig it up.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Thanks for the laugh, and the trip down memory lane.  It was bittersweet to see all those posters who don't come around anymore.  < sniff, sniff>

That's what I was thinking.  I just noticed Nmoira, who died several years ago.  It's made a little sad...

• Sad 1