Menu

What's with the ads?

RubyPenn

Fix It Grammar vs Easy Grammar Ultimate Series

We've been using Fix It Grammar since my son was in middle school,  but I am looking into Easy Grammar book 10 for next year.  Has anyone used both who can compare them for me?  If we stick with Fix It, he'll be in book 5. 

I read this and smiled because I'm in the exact same position.  I've been using Fix-It with my two oldest (at home) together and would be finishing up Mermaid and heading into the next book sometime in the fall.  I'm planning to switch over to the Easy Grammar series because I feel like they need a different approach.  Fix-It is beginning to feel a bit monotonous to us all.  My upcoming 11th grader especially, can seemingly find clauses and identify sentence structure in his sleep - LOL!  At least that's what he tells me!  

Edited by JanOH

Yes!  It is feeling monotonous here, too.  We don't do all the discussion and my son will not refer to his cards when he isn't sure about something, so I think we need something different.  He wants to keep going with the series though, which I find strange. Hopefully someone will chime in to help us out!