Menu

Lol!...Thought of the hive...

happi duck

33 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

So, how did the Tea thing start?  Was it in reference to the cup of tea/consent video that was so popular a while ago or was it earlier than that?  

Earlier. I seem to recall a thread about remodeling a kitchen and whether to install a spigot for instant hot water. I don't remember the twists that took it from tea to TeA. Maybe someone will link the thread....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusanC said:

Earlier. I seem to recall a thread about remodeling a kitchen and whether to install a spigot for instant hot water. I don't remember the twists that took it from tea to TeA. Maybe someone will link the thread....

I heard it IRL before any of it started here on the board. I remember the really big thread about TeA when it was first used here. I think it was also used in Cosmo or another girly magazine when I was a teen. It was used in a advice column by the author (so I am not sure if they started it or just another person who used a similar word for the act).