Menu

Prayers Please

JumpyTheFrog

Please don’t quote.

We were supposed to visit the grandparents soon, but then their area put in quarantine rules. DH thinks we should ignore the rules because they “are an executive order, not a law.” I think we should wait until we wouldn’t be subject to quarantine, even if the likelihood of getting caught is low. When DH thought it was a law, he was okay with postponing the trip. Now he seems angry with me like it’s my fault.

We were very cautious and stayed home for 2 1/2 months. We have been diligent about wearing masks as well. Our area just got a mandatory mask rule, and now he is declaring he is done wearing masks. It seems that he is doing this to protest the grandparents’ quarantine and me saying we should postpone the trip.

Please don’t quote. I need prayers for wisdom.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Ok, so if you go, and stay and visit the grandparents, and don't go to stores/shopping/etc you could still quarantine...but if he's not gong to want to do that, yeah, don't go. 

And according to every legal definition I've seen, an executive order does have the force of law. 

• Like 2

1) The USA has a mixture of legal forms, statutory, common law, Constitutional, treaty, executive orders, etc.

They are all forms of law.

An executive order has the force of law.

2) ? you could legally probably quarantine at the grandparents’ home if you would be staying there—thus have visit as you quarantine— and then come home—but I don’t know the exact quarantine rules involved.  I would look into the location and it’s rules, and whether that would fit with exposures likely along the way. 

3) If your husband won’t wear a mask though, probably best to stay home and not expose the grandparents.  

How long has he been saying he wants to go anyway and won’t wear masks?  Has it been more than a day or two?  Could he just be spouting off some frustration and if a day or two passes, he’ll calm down?  It sounds like he’s been cautious up till now, so he could just be venting some frustration, but with calmer feelings he’ll get back on track.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2020 at 8:19 PM, JumpyTheFrog said:

We have plans to visit my 91yo MIL in July.  I’m not thrilled about the timing, but if we don’t go, we might not see her alive again.  We need to pass through quarantine states and I think she is in one too.  We are packing groceries, books, and whatever we need to just stay at her house and not go out.  We’ve been home since March and don’t go out so that we don’t bring her anything. At least as sure as we can be.

Edited by matrips

We had another discussion today. He will only wear a mask to our favorite thrift store, I’m guessing because they have required them since they reopened. He refuses to wear one to other stores anymore because it is no longer voluntary. (His only compromise offer was to add swear words all over a mask.) He said he wants to “express” himself and those are his two choices. I said it was a false dichotomy because there are other options. I wanted to know why he was willing to protect the grandparents but not longer willing to protect his wife and kids. He said it’s because we are low risk. The conversation ended when he walked off saying, “I guess I’ll have to bottle up my feelings like I always do.”

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, matrips said:

We have plans to visit my 91yo MIL in July.  I’m not thrilled about the timing, but if we don’t go, we might not see her alive again.  We need to pass through quarantine states and I think she is in one too.  We are packing groceries, books, and whatever we need to just stay at her house and not go out.  We’ve been home since March and don’t go out so that we don’t bring her anything. At least as sure as we can be.

Matrips, could you please edit your post to remove the part of my post you quoted? Thanks.