Menu

I graduated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, wintermom said:

Congratulations! That's phenomenal. Enjoy the teaching. Will your classes be in-person or on-line?  It's so inspiring to hear about these success stories. Thanks for sharing!

They are scheduled for in-person in the fall. Having experienced taking classes online in an emergency last semester, I will design them to be easy to move online at any point. I would be surprised if it doesn't happen at some point in the semester. All it would take is one person in the class testing positive an the whole class would be quarantined. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I posted this I added a second job. I will now be teaching 6 hours at the local state U in addition to 7 hours at the CC. Both schools offered me another class beyond that, but I had already committed to both, and teaching 19 hours sounded crazy, so I just held on to my original 13 hour commitment.

All my classes are still officially seated, but for all but one, they are either supposed to be hybrid or I have permission to make them hybrid, reducing the number of students in the classroom at a time and replacing some class meetings with Zoom meetings.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, Mom22ns said:

Since I posted this I added a second job. I will now be teaching 6 hours at the local state U in addition to 7 hours at the CC. Both schools offered me another class beyond that, but I had already committed to both, and teaching 19 hours sounded crazy, so I just held on to my original 13 hour commitment.

All my classes are still officially seated, but for all but one, they are either supposed to be hybrid or I have permission to make them hybrid, reducing the number of students in the classroom at a time and replacing some class meetings with Zoom meetings.  

Congratulations on getting a second job. All the best with teaching this fall. I hope it goes really well!